Participant updates

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Post here to let us know how you're doing.

Replies

• CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Doing awesome! Thanksgiving was not too hard. I was at extended family. No desserts! No temptation! Finishing the month strong!! ????
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Went 600 calories over budge yesterday, eating sweets watching a film. Back on track now hopefully.
  • NEWYEARNEWME2014
    NEWYEARNEWME2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    new month new day to start right. good luck to all!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Last month had its up and downs and close calls. It made it that much more exciting and sweet to see it through. Ready to rock December the eff out!!!! ;-)
  • jstmee
    jstmee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm ready. So, on Thanksgiving I did prep for Colonoscopy, so I figured a cleaned out system should probably stay that way. I'm ready for this challenge.
  • arendiva
    arendiva Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This is my first month trying this challenge but so far today I'm doing well. I've planned out my food for the rest of the day and I'm considerably under my calorie ceiling, I've already done my minimum 20 minutes of exercise and I'm still planning on doing another 40 minutes before the night is out.
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I started November's challenge but didn't meet the requirements and was dropped about five days in. I lost 4.8 pounds last month for a total weight loss of 35 pounds. I am now 17 pounds from my goal and I am hoping to make a dent in that this month. Ready to step up to this challenge!
  • theloftlady
    theloftlady Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Had a coffee and two biscuits mid morning after my walk but didn't log it. Just remembered it and so I'm only just under. Will be logging as I go now.....thought I was going to be deleted on day one then ????
  • smallersandy
    smallersandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    my first month trying the challenge and it actually made me get on the treadmill today. woohoo. not sure where to post my update so I will post in both areas... :) thanks for the challenge it kept me on task today.

Date: 12/1/2013
    Exercised?: yes !!!
    Calories?: yes !!!
    Tracked?:yes !!!
  • Radiance1908
    Options
    Excited about the challenge. I stuck to it today! Determined to keep it up. Below daily calorie goal.

Date: 12/01/2013
    Exercised: yes
    Calories : yes
    Tracked: yes
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    my first month trying the challenge and it actually made me get on the treadmill today. woohoo. not sure where to post my update so I will post in both areas... :) thanks for the challenge it kept me on task today.

Date: 12/1/2013
    Exercised?: yes !!!
    Calories?: yes !!!
    Tracked?:yes !!!

That is exactly what I found about this challenge too. It forced me to MOVE!! I could see everyday that if I was going to eat this I had to move this much. Even though it only requires 20 minutes, I found myself wanted to do more. I wanted to see what I was capable of doing. I wanted to see better numbers on the scale. You are going to do so great on this challenge. Keep going girl!! Stay strong!! Stay focused!! :drinker:
  • GoldwingGrandma
    GoldwingGrandma Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to this challenge. I think it will definitely help me stay focused and on track through the Holidays. It helps to have an incentive and support. LET'S DO IT!
  • JMatthews
    JMatthews Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Date: Dec 1st
    Exercised?: Yes
    Calories?: Yes
    Tracked?: Yes
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi I have done this challenge since October. I have lost 10lbs. I credit this challenge. It makes me get up and do it because I know you all will be checking up on each other. Add me as a friend if you would like. Just tell me where you know me from! LOL!
    Good Luck Everyone! We can do this!
  • baileysmom4
    baileysmom4 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Got up and hit the treadmill this morning so I didn't miss a workout today! That NEVER EVER happens! Had a yummy breakfast: 4 egg white omelet with mushrooms and spinach and 1/4 c. kraft mild cheddar and american. Don't know why but it was better than usual. New kind of cheese I guess. This was regular fat cheese but only had 5 grams of fat in a serving. Take out the yolks and got a low fat breakfast!
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    New month, new way of looking at things! My carbohydrates percentage should be at 55% and I have noticed over the period of past 2 months more than 60% of the time this percentage has been over that level (between 60% to 73%) which is very high. I am guessing if I am not eating way too much daily then carbohydrates are to be blamed for no weight loss. So in December I am going to maintain carbs level around 55% or less. Thats the commitment of this month and I am going to do it!!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed and survived the challenge last month and hope to stick with it again this month. I should be fine until the weekend before Christmas and then the food becomes very challenging. We have so many traditional meals in addition to parties, but I survived Thanksgiving by swimming that morning. Exercise is my friend. The other thing I did was pre-plan the days where I knew food would be challenging and changed things around to make it work. I did things like eat really light for breakfast and lunch when I knew we were going out or having a higher calorie dinner. Since I do most of the cooking around here I also entered my recipes into my database and made lighter versions whenever possible. No one even noticed they were eating my mashed potato casserole with reduced fat sour cream and cream cheese...............LOL

Good luck to everyone!
  • burlingtongrl
    burlingtongrl Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This month I plan to focus mainly on adding lots of exercise. I will stay with in my calorie budget, but with the added exercise I will also be able to enjoy the holiday parties. Even though I am trying to lose weight, I don't want to deprive myself of all the wonderful treats that I only eat this time of year. Nothing is worse than a bitter dieter at a party.

I walked for 2+ hours this morning and yesterday, so I am off to a good start.
    Good luck everyone and enjoy the challenge.
  • Calderon46
    Calderon46 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've done brilliantly today, broke the habit of stretching for snacks to make me feel better.
  • Lune1980
    Lune1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    1st day was easy. 2nd already a challenge: I worked all day and had a supper at a restaurant in the evening with people from work. I had to do quickly my exercice in between. I camo home from work and put my exercice clothes, then do exercice, shower and dress up again and it was already time to go to the super. Proud to be still in the challenge. :)