December Hatters: Determined, Dauntless, & Deserving!

Options
13»

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Hello Hatters

Hope everyone had a good Christmas; I know several of you were ill and others had to deal with power outages, family issues, and a few other challenges but hoping each managed some good memories.

This past year has been a wild ride for many of us; but every single one has made progress in some area so I hope you're proud of your individual accomplishments! I'm proud of what I accomplished this year and as 2013 draws to a close, we often start looking towards resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. Not me this year. I am only making one - to continue my journey towards health and fitness. I will weigh in and record my weight tomorrow morning for the final time this year, and then celebrate that for once in my life, I do not have to put "go on a diet" on any to do list! Yippee!

Thank you all for your friendship and support, and wishing everyone a happy, healthy and prosperous 2014!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well I have been mia long enough. To start I was really busy but then it changed to I needed a little break, finished up with I was sick a bit which resulted in very little tasting good and eating what did. Think part may have been me and part the illness. With everything that has been going on with my son and things not tasting so good while sick, I resorted back to some old stuff emotions down habits. I have recognized and taken steps to not faultier from my journey.

I got a fitbit one for Christmas. Yesterday was my first full day with it up and running and back on focus. I have let go of the last few weeks of poor choices and feeling back in control. Having the visuals of the fitbit I hope will keep me motivated to keep adding more and more activity. I met my first goal yesterday of 5,000 steps. Now for some I know that its much, but for those of us that fight that exercise monster its a big thing. I am already feeling the motivation to get out and walk today to bet yesterdays numbers. I have always been a visual learner and I believe this will help motivate me in to adding more and more activity. Matter of fact it has already got me shopping for a hrm instead of an activity monitor (which is what fitbit is). Guess I may have jumped the gun a bit fast and didn't really understand the differences btw the two, but I am keeping this one and seeing how I do with it first before investing so much for a hrm.

I have missed my time with the group. I see many of you were more successful than I have been this month, so very proud of each pound and nsv that has taken place !!!

Diana, I so relate to the nsv of no bra extender. I remember both when I started using one and when I stopped. Great feeling knowing this are moving along even when the scale may not be moving as fast as we want.

Oh Carol, thanks for reminding me I took clothes to the consignment shop back in August. I need to go see if anything has sold and if so see what I may could pick up.

Snoozie you always have the most positive thoughts to help each of us when we need it (what seems at the time) the most.

Seehee hope you had a wonderful holiday with a Happy New Year starting tomorrow,

To each of you ladies prayers for a Wonderful and Happy New Year with blessing beyond !!! See you sooner this time around :flowerforyou:
  • 65by60
    65by60 Posts: 23
    Options
    Well I have finished my year with a 2 lb gain. It's been a week of too many indulgences, too many glasses of wine, too few hours on the treadmill. Considering that I started my journey in November, I am proud of finishing my year with an overall 13 lb loss. My 60th b'day is 6 weeks away. My goal is to loose 10-12 lbs by then. I've had a great Nov/Dec and Christmas. Bring on 2014! Happy New Year!!