Phil Robertson is in the wrong

Options
13»

Replies

• MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    is this the part of the interview you had a problem with?

"However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other.”

The media seems to ignore this part of the interview. He's entitled to his opinion, whether it differs from yours or mine is irrelevant.

A&E has basically slapped him on his wrist for stating his beliefs, but i don't see them killing their cash cow.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Since I can't post on my facebook since I have many southern Christian family members. I think what Phil said is wrong and he has no right to judge someone's beliefs.
    Ironic post is ironic.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    It is not breaking news that this guy is a backwoods redneck or that Paula Dean makes racist comments. I am not sure why everyone is so shocked by that. It is simply not in the best interest of A & E to endorse these views, so he had to go. I am sure that they will both be just fine financially.

The funny thing to me is that most Duck Dynasty viewers are going to be more outraged if he ends up outrighted shitcanned that they are offended by what he actually said (which in entirety is not as bad as the single snippet sounds, still very shortsighted IMO though).

True. Lol my BFF is a gay dude, and we are talking about how although this is offensive, we are not shocked in the least. It's just more of the usual annoying, typical bs. However, we grew up in a Georgia. So our exposure to this type of behavior probably has something to do with it.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    *in Georgia. Not in a Georgia. Stupid iPad puts words in for me!
  • _SantaClause_
    _SantaClause_ Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Did OP backpedal after like the first 5 posts in this thread?

Some sort of record.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options

Some sort of record.

Backpedal, fail, then bail.

aQq9qd7_460sa.gif
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options

Some sort of record.

aQq9qd7_460sa.gif

You just described the legacy Obama will leave behind
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

Some sort of record.

aQq9qd7_460sa.gif

You just described the legacy Obama will leave behind

Hey, can't blame him, over 50% of registered voters bothering to vote felt like he'd fuck up the country more slowly than the other guy...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    So is this group for only outlaws who cling to their guns and religion?

Yes.

Cool, pass me a beer.
    beer_chugging-7910.gif
    Oh sorry did you want one?

motorboating-girls.gif
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    1535749_223902264459171_946687167_n.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Since I can't post on my facebook since I have many southern Christian family members. I think what Phil said is wrong and he has no right to judge someone's beliefs.
    I think we all have the right to judge each other's beliefs. Just like you did JUST NOW with Phil Robertson. You have to judge beliefs for yourself to determine whether you agree or not. What's not ok is forcing your beliefs on others. He didn't do that. He just stated what he believes. We all agree or disagree, but he didn't force it on anyone. He was asked.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So is this group for only outlaws who cling to their guns and religion?

Yes.

Cool, pass me a beer.

Bud or Coors?

Natty lite...
    And I'd like to add: gawd, I love you people! Pass me a bud light.