Introductions

Options

Replies

• Limbo2012
    Limbo2012 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Lynn. I'm a full time working mom of two young teenagers. Finding time to work-out every day is definitely the hardest part of this challenge for me. I've participated in this challenge before and can't think of a better way to start the New Year!

Best of luck and success to everyone!! :)
  • cdiele
    cdiele Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Claudia and last year I lost 14 pounds, but all the pounds I lost have slowly found me again. I turned 50 this year and it's even more difficult to keep the pounds off, however, I know it's about keeping track of the food I am eating and being held accountable. So this will be a great challenge for me!! Looking forward to losing 15-20 this year!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Hi: My screen name is Socajam and this challenge could not have come at a better time for me. Joined MFP in February at 192.4, did really well, got down to 168 in November, once winter hit, I just lost the urge to exercise and I find myself permanently hungry due to the cold, have put on at least 8 pounds.

I am a morning person, so exercising in the morning is not a problem, its just that I need that kick (only in Winter) to leave my bed. Now that I have signed up for this challenge and (the very strict rules - which I love) this will be my motivating factor. Logging and eating healthy is not a problem for me. It is just portion control which I have since mastered with my scale. I love to cook and bake everything from scratch, as this helps me to control sodium and oil which is I watch very carefully.

I am trying to keep my friends list to a minimum this year, as I find having too many friends overwhelming. I think a good idea would be for members to post any difficulties they experiencing so that members would give their input and help us to work together as a team. Looking forward to losing 35 pounds this year, to be at least 150 by summer would be fantastic. Good luck every body and let us work hard together to achieve our goal.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,265 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Jackie I met my goal weight last spring but managed to put some back on! My goal is get back to 135 by April since I will be running my first half marathon! For Christmas my husband bought me a Fitbit Aria scale, yay! Thanks for this challenge because the hardest thing lately is STAYING focus on weekends! i need to REMEMBER this:

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you are interested in doing something you do it only when it is convient. When you are commited to something, you accept no excuses, only results." Kenneth Blanchard

Good luck everyone!
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Jolee and this is the first time doing this challenge. I thought it would good to try as I need to be accountable for logging and keeping with in my calories. I need it as I have about 20 lbs to lose and I have been struggling for the longest time with this. Excersize is not the issue for me it is the food intake and quality. This should be interesting. Thanks for starting this group.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,265 Member
    Options
    Hi: My screen name is Socajam and this challenge could not have come at a better time for me. Joined MFP in February at 192.4, did really well, got down to 168 in November, once winter hit, I just lost the urge to exercise and I find myself permanently hungry due to the cold, have put on at least 8 pounds.

I am a morning person, so exercising in the morning is not a problem, its just that I need that kick (only in Winter) to leave my bed. Now that I have signed up for this challenge and (the very strict rules - which I love) this will be my motivating factor. Logging and eating healthy is not a problem for me. It is just portion control which I have since mastered with my scale. I love to cook and bake everything from scratch, as this helps me to control sodium and oil which is I watch very carefully.

I am trying to keep my friends list to a minimum this year, as I find having too many friends overwhelming. I think a good idea would be for members to post any difficulties they experiencing so that members would give their input and help us to work together as a team. Looking forward to losing 35 pounds this year, to be at least 150 by summer would be fantastic. Good luck every body and let us work hard together to achieve our goal.

I'm a morning person too so I also love to get my morning run in early! We WILL do this by working hard to achieve our GOALS!
  • crystalrose_tina
    crystalrose_tina Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Christina. I'm really excited to give this challenge a try because I have been slipping up ever since mid November. I've gained about 9 lbs during this time because I got too comfortable as I grew very close to my goal weight. I always worked out 5-6 days a week, but I was overeating enough to negate all the hard work I put into the gym every morning. I really developed a problem with overindulging on sweets after my last meal (about 600-1000 calories worth every night :S) so I'm hoping to hold myself more accountable for the new year and kick this habit.
  • Lraguilar
    Options
    Hi I'm Laura. I fell off the wagon this past year and have not been regularly tracking my food or exercise, to the tune of a 9 lb gain. Right back where I started when I joined my fitness pal! Time to get it done this time. I need accountability for sure!!.
  • nickperry35380
    nickperry35380 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi new here just joined up for the group how do I get a tracker for my posts ?
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was doing fine maintaining most of the year and slowly losing my last ten pounds and then some stressful family stuff happened and I turned to food and gained another ten pounds!

I decided to wait until after the holidays to get back on track.
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Vicki and I was doing great on MFP for over 550 days, and then fell off the wagon. I was up to a loss of 60 pounds, but gained about 15 back in the last few months. I need something like this to get back on track and lose my goal of 20 pounds in 2014. Thanks for hosting this. I hosted a Group last year and it's time consuming. Glad to have found one someone else is hosting!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Hi - everyone calls me Zacks. I hope i make it past day 1!!!! However since I am a pretty competitive person i am hoping that keeps me here kicking some serious butt!

???? good luck everyone!
  • tat20
    tat20 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Tarah. Holiday seasons kicked my butt this year and I'm serious about getting on track! I like the everyday accountability of this challenge and I am going to try my hardest to make it all the way through!
  • befit2014
    Options
    Hi, my name is Bethany. This is my first time to participate in the UAC. I'm hoping to lose 30 lbs by the end of April and I think this challenge is exactly what I need to keep me on track. Good luck everyone!
  • 444On_A_Mission
    Options
    BOOM! Exactly what I need!! I will be traveling for work and have a crazy schedule for January.... this will help me stay accountable and motivated! THANK YOU!!!
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Marla, live in mountains in WA state. Was doing good all year until October and stress emotional eating packed back on ten pounds, so starting fresh for the year!

Looking forward to this group. :flowerforyou:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm Carolyn. Not sure how long I will last but this looks like it could have many benefits:
    It will make me accountable to others
    It will help me become more active (I sit behind a desk all day)
    It may result in a much cleaner house (My husband and I "live like porks"}
    Off to do 20 minutes of cleaning
  • jennegan1
    jennegan1 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone Im Jenn new to this group and this challenge but a dear friend recommended the group and she showed me the Rules and at first I thought to my self wow its tough but then I thought well I can do this. If Im in other groups and can do them then I can do this one as well. I especially like the fact that even 20 mins of cleaning is considered a "work out". I got 2 kids and a messy house always so I always can squeeze in 20 mins multiple times of day for cleaning lol. I joined in Sept and started to lose the weight. Just got back from vacation and dont plan on giving up like I did last time in August when I got back. And put back on 5 lbs but I also didnt weigh my self correctly so waiting on seeing how it looks tomorrow morning. I didnt over eat but ate alot of carbs the past week....Looking forward to getting to know you all and any one wants to shoot me a friend request itll be accepted
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Marla, live in mountains in WA state. Was doing good all year until October and stress emotional eating packed back on ten pounds, so starting fresh for the year!

Looking forward to this group. :flowerforyou:

Woohoo! Also living in Wa State - and also the same age!

Edit: and my big stress happened in August. 18 pounds back on. Are you my doppelgänger? ????
  • hannahnorautena
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I recently joined MFP but have been really inconsistent with EVERYTHING. I find it hard to log everything in because I can never remember what I eat! By joining this group, I feel more motivated to have a fresh start, which I believe can happen anytime, anywhere. My goal is to stick to my calories limit, log log log and just be healthy. x