Introductions

Options

Replies

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Just another quick note I forgot to mention! We lived in Washington State for 10 years before moving to Las Vegas! We got tired of the rain BUT I REALLY miss beautiful county with all the trees and lakes! My son lives in central Washington so we get up there at least once a year!

Honorary wa state member!! Can the three of us make it to the end!??? Anyone else from Wa State?
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Julie and this is my second time in the challenge - I fell off the wagon half way through December but this group definitely helped me focus on what I need to do.

I've been on MFP for a couple of years but I feel like I have coasted through 2013 - I now know that I can maintain my weight rather than yoyo as I have in the past, my level of fitness has improved and my food choices are mostly healthier but I lost very little of the excess weight I'm hauling around.

Daily exercise and diary logging are not a problem, staying within my calorie allowance is the thing I struggle to do. I want to make sure I end 2014 lighter than I start it , so accountability is just what I need.

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Hello all; this is my 2nd go at the challenge. I was doing well in December up until the 17th. Had a slip-up but still been fairly disciplined after. I shall do my best to complete January's challenge.

My name is Ciprian, I'm a 34 y.o. male and have about 15kg to lose to get to my target weight. MFP is great for keeping calories in check and I have been using regularly for about 5 months.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,258 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question about weighing in, I weigh in on Fridays so do I weight in BOTH days WED and FRI. Can I wait to weigh in on :bigsmile: Fri! Zack, I say the three of us WILL make to the end!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Awesome jackie!

Question - i must have overlooked the weighing in part. Is that a separate thread each week? And also separate from the daily 3 question thread?
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    In the first half of 2013 I lost weight with the slow but steady approach losing 2 pounds each month. Things went great until some day in June I woke up to find that all of a sudden I had (still have) a chronic disease. It's a rather rare immune deficiency that doctors don't know what to do about. Two weeks in the hospital, lots of medication and lots of frustration eating later, I had gained around 20 pounds. :grumble:
    I've somewhat come to terms with my disease but not with the weight. So the pounds have to go and they have to go fast.

I usually do great with eating and exercising for some days but then I tend to have a severe binge eating attack. I haven't figured out how to avoid those, yet. I hope this challenge will keep me on the wagon as long as possible each month :flowerforyou:
  • zacksnana
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    In the first half of 2013 I lost weight with the slow but steady approach losing 2 pounds each month. Things went great until some day in June I woke up to find that all of a sudden I had (still have) a chronic disease. It's a rather rare immune deficiency that doctors don't know what to do about. Two weeks in the hospital, lots of medication and lots of frustration eating later, I had gained around 20 pounds. :grumble:
    I've somewhat come to terms with my disease but not with the weight. So the pounds have to go and they have to go fast.

I usually do great with eating and exercising for some days but then I tend to have a severe binge eating attack. I haven't figured out how to avoid those, yet. I hope this challenge will keep me on the wagon as long as possible each month :flowerforyou:

Wow - by any chance is this a blood disorder? Myeloproliferative ?
  • init2beatit
    init2beatit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of three. I have been trying to lose weight my whole life lol. I finally found what worked best for me last year. And I need to get back on track. I'm excited to join this group and challenge. I know I will do okay with calories it's will be the workout everyday. But I'm made a goal to lose 2 lbs a week so I have to be strict to stick to meet my goal.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Awesome jackie!

Question - i must have overlooked the weighing in part. Is that a separate thread each week? And also separate from the daily 3 question thread?

No, there is no weighing in requirement for this challenge. Your weigh ins are your weigh ins. :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Just a quick question about weighing in, I weigh in on Fridays so do I weight in BOTH days WED and FRI. Can I wait to weigh in on :bigsmile: Fri! Zack, I say the three of us WILL make to the end!

There are no weigh in requirements for this challenge. Keep to what you normally would do....day, time is up to you! :flowerforyou:
  • Julie61ann
    Julie61ann Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello Caradae, Jagreene, and everyone. This is my 3rd attempt, I lasted 3 weeks in November but not hardly a week in December due to vacation. I have no reason at all to not win this January challenge. Plus, I just got 2 of my daughters into this with me so now I will have even better support. Between the 3 of us we have a goal to lose about 100 lbs by August when one of my girls is getting married. Nothing like fitting into a dress and having pictures taken to motivate you, right? I love this challenge and really appreciate you moderators for doing this for us. Good luck everyone!
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Wow - by any chance is this a blood disorder? Myeloproliferative ?

No, nothing to do with my blood. My immune system just gets confused and attacks my body. Like an allergic reaction without being allergic to anything.
    It's called Urticaria. Many people get it at one point in their live but only for a few days. Only about 10% of these case become chronic. Lucky me. And only about 10% of these 10% cannot get it under control with medication. Well, guess what? Medication didn't work for me. :angry:
    But it has gotten a lot better on its own. I am very, very thankful for that and pray that it will stay this way. :smile:
    I really learned to appreciate good health in a whole new way!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I just joined - first time for me with this group but it looks like exactly what i need!

I workout daily but am really bad with the counting calories and food journaling so hoping this will help!

I got close to goal weight Fall 2012 and spent the last 15 months gaining it back : ( I can't bear to step on a scale but I do know that all my pants are too small so I live in leggings, and now all my leggings are tight too : ( so my goal is to fit back into my pants!~
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hello Caradae, Jagreene, and everyone. This is my 3rd attempt, I lasted 3 weeks in November but not hardly a week in December due to vacation. I have no reason at all to not win this January challenge. Plus, I just got 2 of my daughters into this with me so now I will have even better support. Between the 3 of us we have a goal to lose about 100 lbs by August when one of my girls is getting married. Nothing like fitting into a dress and having pictures taken to motivate you, right? I love this challenge and really appreciate you moderators for doing this for us. Good luck everyone!

Welcome Back Julie. :flowerforyou:

Congrats on the big wedding!!! :heart: I know that you and your daughters can do this!! I have a suggestion....take pictures and measurements. It will be a great motivator for the next few months, but also a great celebration when you see what you were all able to accomplish!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I just joined - first time for me with this group but it looks like exactly what i need!

I workout daily but am really bad with the counting calories and food journaling so hoping this will help!

I got close to goal weight Fall 2012 and spent the last 15 months gaining it back : ( I can't bear to step on a scale but I do know that all my pants are too small so I live in leggings, and now all my leggings are tight too : ( so my goal is to fit back into my pants!~

Don't be too hard on yourself.....I KNOW we have all been there, done that!! We are all learning how to do it the right way THIS time....the LAST time!! :drinker: Stay focused each meal and each day...calories in vs. calories out. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :bigsmile:
  • runner115
    Options
    awe thanks!

I already have a question...hoping this is an appropriate place to post it...

How do you count calories when eating out in restaurants? I have a dinner date in a couple weeks - pretty sure the place we are going does not post calorie counts for their menu items...is it okay to guesstimate something like that for this challenge?
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    awe thanks!

I already have a question...hoping this is an appropriate place to post it...

How do you count calories when eating out in restaurants? I have a dinner date in a couple weeks - pretty sure the place we are going does not post calorie counts for their menu items...is it okay to guesstimate something like that for this challenge?

A lot of restaurants are listed on MFP and updated with new items periodically. I know I have found things that were only recently added to the menu and was pleasantly surprised. If you don't see them, sometimes the restaurants website will list nutritional information. You can then enter as a new food item. As for "guesstimating" that has got to be a personal decision. I would not do that for myself because I KNOW I would be wrong!! :bigsmile: I sure some may do that....it's just not something I would do.
  • runner115
    Options
    great thank you!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    My name is Beverley. I'm ready for this challenge, tried a few times and falter along the way. It is not as easy at it seems, one has to be disciplined. I'm ready to be accountable with all your help.
  • joverw50
    joverw50 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jamie. After starting this challenge in Dec and not making it far I'm trying again in Jan. Christmas was tough for me but I am ready to count again and get back into a normal exercise routine. Looking forward to the accountability and encouragement of this challenge.