Introductions

Options

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hello everyone, my name is Judy coming to you from Sunnier and Warmer Florida!!!

My first UAC was in October. When I first started I said a lot of what you all have already said......this is perfect for me!!! I survived the month and for the first time EVER exercising/moving EVERYDAY of the week!! Huge accomplishment for me!! Signed up again in November and finally hit my goal weight!! December has been tougher, but do-able!! I have maintained my goal weight for the entire month...well, so far!!!

I know this sounds weird, but it's like you all are looking over my shoulder and holding me accountable!! It makes me "Stand in my truth." as Ms. Suze Orman always says!! WE CAN ALL DO THIS!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Yay! So glad to be in January's UAC! I'm Jenna. I tried to do the December challenge and did good up until Christmas eve. My goal is to lose 30 lbs in 2014 and to complete a triathlon and the tough mudder. I need to practice consistency in my fitness routine and UAC will help me do that :)

Welcome Back!! Your goal is soooo do-able!! :drinker: Make sure you share pics of that tough mudder!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi, I'm Jennifer and I'm in need of some tough love. It's too easy for me to blow off working because I want to sleep in or because work that day was awful. I am also a terrible cook so I also need to learn to make my own food. I'm glad I found this group and I hope it will be the key to keeping me on track.

Be sure to check out the recipe section....lots of good foods for sure!! Also, try not to think of exercise in a negative way.....I know, I know....but think of it as moving daily. Just do SOMETHINGfor 20 minutes. Walk around the room while you watch one of your favorite shows, go for a walk outside, clean the house, or maybe get to that one thing that you have put off forever!!! Just Move!! :bigsmile:
  • alisavesely
    Options
    Hello! I'm Alisa, a 30 year-old married woman who joined My Fitness Pal and purchased a Fitbit to challenge myself more. I do not have much weight to lose but I want to work on gaining muscle. This challenge is exactly what I need. I don't have issues keeping up with exercise but I need a kick in the butt when it comes to tracking my food. I'm looking forward to starting.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I recently joined MFP but have been really inconsistent with EVERYTHING. I find it hard to log everything in because I can never remember what I eat! By joining this group, I feel more motivated to have a fresh start, which I believe can happen anytime, anywhere. My goal is to stick to my calories limit, log log log and just be healthy. x

Try to plan ahead....log before you eat!! It may seem backwards at first, but you know ahead of time exactly how much you can have at the time. No guessing, No forgetting, and No overage mistakes!!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi I'm Mel and bombed out on the Dec challenge on day 1, Here's to a new start!!

:cry: Plan, Plan, Plan!!! I don't know what your schedule is like, but if you know something (dinner out, party, etc.) is coming up, maybe do extra workout that day. Check menu online before you go to the restaurant so that you know what to order without looking at the menu with all those lovely pictures of all the food you aren't going to have!! :flowerforyou:
  • jennyb40059
    jennyb40059 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HI everyone. My name is Jennifer. I am a 34 yr. old ICU nurse! I did an accountability group in November on Facebook and I didn't lose a pound! There was no motiviation to lose weight. So, I'm joining this accountability group! I have about 20lbs I need to lose. My biggest challenge is doing exercise after working 7a-7pm in a busy ICU. I wear my Fitbit at work to keep track of how active I am each day. I usually meet all my daily steps at work!! I love Zumba and I'm going to start running again. I'm excited to be joining this group!
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi, my name is Jeni. I have attempted this challenge in both November and December but believe that I'm ready for it this month. I am researching the Whole30 cleanse/reboot right now to see if I can jump-start my metabolism. I'm better with cutting things from my diet. Moderation? What's that?

ABSOLUTELY!!! Clean slate, forget what happened and begin a new!!! 2014 is waiting for the new and inproved YOU!!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi I'm Julie and I LOVE challenges! I participate in challenges at the gym I attend and always do very well with sticking to it, but committing to tracking food and staying within calories be new to me. It's something I definitely need.
    Good Luck to everyone and a Happy and Successful 2014!

Make sure you have your calorie goal at a reasonable amount. If you are struggling to keep within the numbers maybe they just need tweaking a bit!! :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi, I'm Stephanie. I just can't get into the habit & need accountability. I've slowly slipped into bad habits over the last few years & I'm sick of myself! I've read it takes 21 days to incorporate a new habit so let's see! I've had foot issues so for the first time in my life I haven't been able to do cardio for the lady 6 mo. & my body shows it! I will try to do physical activity but my food habits are by far my problem! Good luck everyone!

Be careful with injuries. :cry: I to am a cardio junky!! Sadly, there's no 12 step program for us!! :laugh: Take it slow so your foot has time to heal completely. I KNOW IT IS HARD!! I love Zumba! I still participate, I just do it at a MUCH lower impact while healing!! Just keep Movin' & Losin'. :bigsmile:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi! My name is Claudia and last year I lost 14 pounds, but all the pounds I lost have slowly found me again. I turned 50 this year and it's even more difficult to keep the pounds off, however, I know it's about keeping track of the food I am eating and being held accountable. So this will be a great challenge for me!! Looking forward to losing 15-20 this year!!!

Hay, hay,hay...I turned 50 last year!! :glasses: My first goal was to lose 50 pounds by the time I turned 50....I DID!! :blushing: It's true that it's not as easy as it used to be to get in shape, but its do-able!!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hi new here just joined up for the group how do I get a tracker for my posts ?

Sorry, I don't understand this question. Each day Caradae will post a new thread for that days logging. Check for discussions to find the day you are recording. I hope this answers your question. If not, please PM Caradae. :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Hello! I'm Alisa, a 30 year-old married woman who joined My Fitness Pal and purchased a Fitbit to challenge myself more. I do not have much weight to lose but I want to work on gaining muscle. This challenge is exactly what I need. I don't have issues keeping up with exercise but I need a kick in the butt when it comes to tracking my food. I'm looking forward to starting.

Welcome!!! :drinker: You have come to the right place for a virtual butt whoopin'.....:laugh:
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Hi am Cody a wife and mother of 3 who is finally starting putting me first in June 2013. I tried this challenge for December but didn't make it far however I did hold myself accountable for most if the month, holidays were tuff but did so much better than I have in past years. For 2014 I would like to lose 60ish more lbs. I have been doing great at challenging myself especially with the help of my Fitbit. I love Zumba even though I have two left feet. I do Zumba classes and also some on the Wii along with just dance with my 6 & 3 yr olds. Good luck to everyone.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Hey all flowerforyou

I'm Ellen, 54, from Arizona and this will be my FOURTH UAC & looking forward to it keeping me honest & active. I'm set for 1250 calories, I love fast food & am a chocoholic and pre plan my food the nite before in my diary to make my life easier & to stay on track. For the Dec challenge I lost a total of 7.2 lbs.

I work from home and it's a challenge to not raid the pantry & fridge...thankfully my mindset has been where it needs to be on this journey. I'm tired of yo yo'ing...losing the pounds and gaining them & more back.

Health issues are what brought me to MFP 570 days ago. A Fitbit Flex in July got my exercise motivation going (before that I was a very happy recliner potato, sigh). I've already collected my 500 mile "badge". I've now swapped out my Fitbit Flex for the Fitbit Force & love it . I was on 2 meds for blood pressure, 2 for cholesterol issues and 1 for DM....I am NO longer on any meds.

My exercise has been walking (both treadmill & outside) & my recumbent bike, I just started doing intervals of running mixed into my walks. Currently doing 15 sec run/45 sec walk for as long as my walk is (usually 3+ miles/1 hour) using my new fitness toy-an interval timer. I just picked up a weight bench w/leg & preacher curl attachments & some weights & bar to go with my dumbbell set. Hoping to work on the flab in the new year, LOL

Best of luck to everyone, hope to see you at the finish line
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,199 Member
    Options
    Just another quick note I forgot to mention! We lived in Washington State for 10 years before moving to Las Vegas! We got tired of the rain BUT I REALLY miss beautiful county with all the trees and lakes! My son lives in central Washington so we get up there at least once a year!
  • slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Jenny, I'm 20 and I've got some pounds to lose! I've struggled with binge eating disorder for a bit, and I'm still trying to fight it and figure myself out, but I'm excited to try this challenge. My favorite exercise is running but I do have a bad knee so I've been biking a lot as well as doing insanity videos! Good luck to everyone!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelly, wife and mother of two daughters, and I work full time. I have been logging on MFP consistently for 385 days as of today and was doing really well with 27lbs. lost until September when I fell off track with eating and stopped working out. I've gained all but 9lbs. back since September and need to find my way back on track. This is my first Ultimate Accountability Challenge and I'm hoping I stay on track and in the challenge until the end.
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I'm Scherzie and this will be my first UAC but am up for the challenge. I lost 40 pounds 5 years ago and have slowly been putting it back on since no longer logging my food. Got back to MFP this past October and have started losing again since logging everything I eat/drink. It is amazing to me how logging makes me so aware of every bite that I take and makes me stop and think whether I am eating because I am hungry or from emotions. Thank you for creating this challenge!
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Peggy. I started the December challenge and did well until the holidays. I am ready to buckle down. Thanks for keeping the challenge going so we can stay on track.