January 2014 Walk Challenge

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,589 Member
    Thanks Ann, I just might have it brake down and get one. I did read they are water proof. Unlike smart phones. I put mine through the wash a couple months ago...It did not survive. :ohwell:
    Today, only 2 miles with LS WFTP.
    Total: 9
    Goal 50

Lol... you would think the first thing cell phone manufacturers would do is make the phones waterproof. Have a friend who's toddler put her $500 phone in the commode. She was not happy about that, but Cellular South was.

Just remembered I saw a kit in Walmart that claims it can save your phone after being submerged. I wonder...

Keep walking!

Ann
  • AnnofB
    TGIF!

1/2 3M Walk off 10 lbs

1/6 - 3M Radio Remixes

1/7 - 3M Belly, Buns & Thighs

1/8 - 3 Fast Miles - my very first LS DVD and still one of my favorites

1/9 - 3 Mega Miles

15 down - 35 to go

Melanie you are burning it up this month. WTG!
  • AnnofB
    10,200 steps today, says my Fitbit!

Isn't it great to look at that Fitbit and see 10000 plus!
  • AnnofB
    Goal: 60 miles

week one: 22 miles

38 mi to goal.

Nice work!
  • AnnofB
    4 miles today (Women's Walk & Walk This Way).

39 out of 125 goal miles.

Doing great!
  • AnnofB
    Goal: 31-124 miles

Today: 30 min Chair Yoga and 5 miles LS Party Songs

Total: 20 miles

Super job Sue!
  • masdec7
    masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
    1/1: 2 miles
    1/2: 2 miles
    1/3: 3 miles
    1/4: 8 miles (5 morning and 3 evening)
    1/5: 2 miles
    1/6: 2 miles
    1/8: 3 miles
    1/9: 2 miles
    1/10: 2 miles

26/62 miles complete
  • AnnofB
    I did 2 miles from the 5 Day Walk Plan. :-) It looks like I'll be increasing my goal shortly.

Goal: 30
    Total: 14
    Miles 'til goal: 16

I'm seeing The 5 Day Walk Plan mentioned a lot. I just got her Belly Blasting Walk. I know I have helped send her kids to college by buying her dvds.
  • AnnofB
    * * 60 Miles * *

As of 1/10/2014

28 miles done, 32 to go!

Walk Strong Everyone:drinker:
  • Melij
    Melij Posts: 95 Member
    Thanks for the recommendation. Just wondering..does the ultimate collection have music?
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    4.18 miles walked today

46.31 miles walked in January
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Yes, Melij...it does. The music is so infectious it stays stuck in your head too.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Friday:

5 miles: Just Walk Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan, Friday: 5 mile walk

0 miles: walking outdoors

Goal for January: at least 50 combined miles

So far: 31.5 Leslie/ or other walking DVD miles

So far: 0 outdoor miles

:flowerforyou:
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    I did 2 miles from the 5 Day Walk Plan. :-) It looks like I'll be increasing my goal shortly.

Goal: 30
    Total: 14
    Miles 'til goal: 16

I'm seeing The 5 Day Walk Plan mentioned a lot. I just got her Belly Blasting Walk. I know I have helped send her kids to college by buying her dvds.

:laugh: so true.

And about the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan: I really like it. It was the first of the Just Walk series. I remember when it came out it kicked me to the curb when I borrowed it from the library. Eventually I began to like it :tongue: and bought my own copy. It is completely customizable if you want to do something other than the 'planned miles' or the toning sessions. It has a separate warm up, 5 different walks, cool down with stretch. Also there are 4 short toning segments and 1 full body stretch segment. One each is part of each planned day. When you customize you can add as little or much (up to a point) of anything. The miles are color coded. What I really like about the miles is that they are all fast miles (a little over 12 min each) and there are only 2 segments of music, two speeds. So when the first is done I know I can get through the faster music because when it is done then I'm on to the next mile. It is a mind game for me when I'm really feeling tired and not wanting either to exercise or do all the miles I decided on.

Now I sound like a commercial :noway: , I really like this DVD of the Just Walk series perhaps the best.
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Goal: 31-124 miles

Today: 6 miles LS Radio Remixes

Total: 26 miles
  • Thanks Texasgardnr. I was at Walmart looking at the 5 Day Walk Plan and wondering if I would like it to add to my collection of LS DVDs. It sounds good. I guess I'll have to get it now and try it out.
    Today I only did 2 miles. I was going to do 4, but spent all morning painting a bedroom and decided going up and down the ladder for a couple hours 2 was good enough for today.

Total 11
    Goal 50

Connie
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Today is the first day I am beginning to feel 85% back to normal.

I did LS's 3 mile dance party after dinner. It is a very fun advanced (or intermediate) walk. I am noticing that my stamina is increasing :happy:

exercise.png
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Today is the first day I am beginning to feel 85% back to normal.

I did LS's 3 mile dance party after dinner. It is a very fun advanced (or intermediate) walk. I am noticing that my stamina is increasing :happy:

Glad to hear you are doing better and that your stamina has increased! Good job! :)

I did 7 miles today: 5 mile Fat Burning Walk and 2 mile Burn Body Fat and Sculpt Your Arms.

46 out of 125 goal miles.
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,336 Member
    added 2.66 miles this morning- suns out yeah!

exercise.png