What do you want to be ABLE to do at goal?

Options
GOINSTD12
GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
I want to go skydiving and parasailing so bad, or do a zipline through a jungle....... or do the barrel of monkeys ride at the amusement park without falling down the walls!

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome! What a great question! The zip line and possibly parasailing sound fun. I would like to be able to try windsurfing.

Without a doubt I want to be able to hike and camp again. I want to be able to world travel without fear of fitting on non western transport. Right now I would still not subject someone riding a bicycle transport in India to hauling me around...

The beauty of it is, the more we lose, the more the world opens back up to us. That feeling alone is worth this effort.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, this is an interesting thread.
    At goal or nearer to it, I want to join a martial arts class. My kids are in Karate. It looks like a lot of fun but hard work. I need to be much lighter and in better shape before I attempt it.

A lot of goals are smaller and I'll hit them before I hit my goal weight. Like fitting nicely in airplane seats and riding the rides at Disneyland. I'd like to learn how to properly ride a horse without injuring it. lol! I want to play soccer with the kids without getting winded and race them down the street when they dawdle. :) The world is just nicer to you if you're not heavy.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    What an interesting question! I never really thought about til I saw this... But what immediately came to mind is that I would love to take some latin and ballroom dancing classes! I have always loved dancing, but ever since I gained the weight my balance and stamina are not good enough to even try it, lol!
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Shop in normie clothing stores!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do any physical activity I choose without first having to consider my weight/size. There isn't any one thing I'm set on doing like a marathon, etc. I just want to be able to do whatever I choose, even if it's as simple as not having to consider the weight limitations of a piece of lawn furniture.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    I want many things.. But mostly to take my kids to a big water park and go with them...

Then the small atuff... Booths when we go out to eat, stairs any place... Better clothes

This is a great thing to think about :)

Paula: I can't wait to change my I can't to I can :) so inspiring
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Simply everything.

I'm getting out of the obese and into the normal overweight range. My poor husband is probably tired of hearing "I can this" and "I can that"... A shocked look usually accompanies the comment.

I can wear those clothes. I can bend to untie my boots. I can hurry to catch that plane. I can fit in that seat. I need to tighten the seat belt. I can carry those bags. I can stand while waiting. I can squeeze around those. I could ride that horse. I could hang glide with my brother. I could ride a motorcycle. I could walk for hours. I can tuck my foot underneath me. I can fit sideways in the recliner. I can walk barefoot on a tile floor. I can tiptoe.

Okay, okay, I'll stop. But it doesn't ever end.

What an amazing accomplishment you've made already! Way to go, You!!

I love your list...I've enjoyed them all. But as I read yours I was nodding...yep! yep! yep, me too! :)
  • grannelle
    Options
    Ride horse, kayak, camp. Trance dance for more than a couple minutesat a time.
    Some things seem impossible now, bu it is important to do what one can in the meantime.
    Kookie says ... don't let what you can't do keep you from doing what you can. Sounds like maybe a new thread.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Ride horse, kayak, camp. Trance dance for more than a couple minutesat a time.
    Some things seem impossible now, bu it is important to do what one can in the meantime.
    Kookie says ... don't let what you can't do keep you from doing what you can. Sounds like maybe a new thread.

I think that may be the Milestones/NSV thread(s.) If not; Start that thread off. We are always game for new material!
  • moltmann1
    moltmann1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My parents are taking the entire family on a cruise for their 50th wedding anniversary in a few years (health permitting). I want to be able to sit on an airplane without having to worry about who is next to me, and not have to worry about keeping up with others.
  • lizmurder
    lizmurder Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to shop outside of the plus size section and free from that limitation.
  • shaleasymphony
    shaleasymphony Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Short term I want to by this summer be able to fit in ALL the roller coasters at cedar point. Last time I went there was 2 I couldn't get on...embarrassing. and by the end of the year be close to or completely out of the plus size section of clothing
  • EatingThisNotThat
    Options
    I want to be able to do whatever moves my spirit without having to feel self conscious. I want to be able to run around a playground , slide down a corkscrew slide, and play with my grandchildren without having to hear the all too often candid comments about "that fat lady". I want to shop in the regular sizes, fit comfortably in any seat anywhere. I want to ride a horse again, climb a mountain without my knees and back having to deal with 100+ extra pounds of weight to carry around. I want to swim in the community pool without feeling like a beached whale. I want to be able to smile when I answer when people ask how much weight I've lost and I can say "I've lost a whole "me"". I want to send a picture of my new healthy self to everyone who ever told me I was too weak/lazy/much of a loser to be able to accomplish my goal. I want to pick up a hundred and twenty five pounds of weights and make the connection with how much excess weight I've carried around so long. I want to hug my children and grandchildren, know that I've done something amazing that will help enable me to look forward to being there to share their achievements and to love them as long as I can.I want to finally be at peace with that voice deep inside me that reminds me of every time I've failed, and be able to quiet it with a "not this time".
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    I want to pick up a hundred and twenty five pounds of weights and make the connection with how much excess weight I've carried around so long.
    Totally never thought of that... I've started lifting weights and am excited to lift a pair of 6.6# weights. It is impossible for me to lift an 80# bag of cement. But I used to carry an extra 118#! How was that ever possible???
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I also would like to get strong enough that I can lift over a hundred pounds. My first little goal of things to do is to sit in my new-to-me chair in the living room, comfortably. I kind of spill up the sides right now. I have to wonder what my cat will do when I lose the weight. The only nice thing about being this size is that it gives him a close place to sleep!
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I woul like to be able to comfortable cross my legs. My goal is to do this by the end of summer!
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This is vain (maybe I'm vain) but all I want to do when I reach my goal is wear a bikini.
    I also want to try zipline (i honestly think the thing will break LOL)
  • cawoods1
    cawoods1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I want to Run!

I know that I am late posting, But what I miss most of all and I can't wait to do again is to run. I even want to run a marathon. I want to jog in my neighborhood without fear of falling or not being able to get home without calling my husband to come and get me. Maybe with my age and the weight I have carried for so many years my joints may not let me run like I did in my 20’s however I just want to run. Whatever it looks like at my age, I’ll Take it!

When I lose this weight I am going to run a marathon!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Cawoods: I think that is a great goal. I have never been good at running, mostly due to asthma, but I would love one day to just take off running and not be able to worry about having to phone it in after just a couple of minutes.