What do you want to be ABLE to do at goal?

Options

Replies

• clmathew
    clmathew Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This is a huge motivation. I want to be able to grocery shop or go to a museum. I have never used a wheelchair and the walking is too much for me. -chris
  • Gnawcraft
    Gnawcraft Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I'm with you Abby. I don't like any of the clothes I can fit in -_- would be lovely to have more options!!
  • MzCara148
    MzCara148 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go for a baby step - I would looove to be able to just reach down and tie my darned shoe.
  • Sara628588
    Sara628588 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    On a big timescale I want to be able to donate a portion of my liver. On a smaller scale I want to fit into clothes from any shop I walk into. On a basic scale I want to make my children proud. Oh, and i want to sit on a garden chair and not fear it collapsing underneath me
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    So update, I kind of did the thing I talked about. Thanks to the wonders of breast cancer I got the girls lifted & reduced in preparation for radiation. Insurance wouldn't cover a panniculectomy but it was a lifelong dream to have that hanging apron go bye-bye!
  • FlyGal50
    FlyGal50 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to not worry about the weight limit on the rides next time our family goes to the water park. I want to not worry about who's sitting next to me on the plane since I always feel like I can't give them enough space, same thing at the ball park. I want be able to slide down the slide at the park with my students. I want to be able to shop wherever I want and not worry if a store carries my size.
  • CorgiMama1992
    CorgiMama1992 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I want to hike again. There's a few local state parks with beautiful waterfalls, but you have to hike down several flights of stairs to see them. Last time I got down ok, but I almost couldn't get back up. I live nature and I want to be able to see it again.
  • NikiNick25
    NikiNick25 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I want to ride a roller coaster ride with my son. I want to walk from the parking lot to my office without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I want to walk up a flight of stairs and not feel completely out of breath. I want to not worry about fitting into restaurant booths. I want to wear a bathing suit without a cover up and not be embarrassed. I want to be able to shop in a regular clothing stores. I want to cross my legs.
  • flameofSuzaku
    flameofSuzaku Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to go horseback riding. The weight limit is usually 230 and that's pushing it for the poor horse.
    I also want to be able to ride rollercoasters again. I haven't been able to fit years.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to do running and jumping kicks in martial arts. I want to do more hiking. I want to wear a cute dress that's hanging in the back of my closet.
  • chekhov_liszt
    chekhov_liszt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to easily tie my shoes and paint my toenails. I want to be able to shave my legs in the shower without throwing my back out.
    I want to be able to comfortably fit in the desk-chairs at schools. I want to know people aren't seeing my weight as the first thing they notice about me. I want to know I can fit in any chair out there.
    I want to be able to hike farther and longer. I want to be able to go to Disney World and not feel like my feet are going to fall off at the end of the day.
    I want to be able to play basketball and ultimate frisbee with my son. I want to stop feeling like my sons and husband are embarrassed to introduce me to someone new because of my weight.
    I want to shop outside of the plus section. I want to wear clothes that I love that represent my style instead of having to wear clothes that fit and really aren't "me." I want to be able to wear knee-high boots. I want to wear stilettos!
    I want to walk into a doctors office without being terrified of what they're going to say about my weight. I want to know I'm the healthiest me that I can be.
  • itbritt29
    itbritt29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This sounds stupid but I've always wanted to wear a crop top. oh and walk upstairs and not feel like I'm walking Everest :D
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @itbritt29 I'd like to wear a crop top too, but I don't think that my stomach is going to look great by the end. At least I can walk up stairs now though! You should come over to the Feb. challenge room. We're all active in that thread here! Just make your own goal and jump right in! Welcome to the group!
  • 13ecca4
    13ecca4 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to walk into a normal high street shop and pick up a size 12 (UK) knowing it will fit.
    I want to be able to ride my horses again
    I want to go to the theme park and have a great time and not worry i wont fit in the seats
  • kerenrenny
    kerenrenny Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wear a two piece bathing suit to show off my body & tattoos! I’m 24 and I have NEVER worn a two piece. 🥺
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to see my two feet on the scale without having to lean over and push my stomach fat in.
    And like several people have already mentioned, I want to be able to reach down and tie my own shoes. I currently loosely tie them first and then slip my feet in them. I hate loosely tied shoes.
  • shannong311
    shannong311 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to get my knee surgery which my DR has said they will not do until I have lost at least 80 lbs and be able to to go concerts and festivals with my BF without a cane. :)
  • Empress62
    Empress62 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I want to hike at a normal pace. I do hike now, but it is very slow.
  • kgales987
    kgales987 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to walk as long and as far as I would like. I think right now I can walk about 3, maybe 4 blocks. I want to go sightseeing and not have the first thing on my mind is can I find a chair to sit.
  • Grimmerdhore
    Grimmerdhore Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I want to enter a 5K run - in a wheelchair, because I'm paraplegic. And I want to do some fresh water kayak fishing. Although I'm a paraplegic amputee I can still swim (albeit not attractively), but I'll have to be thin enough and athletic enough to replace myself atop the kayak if it flips.