What do you want to be ABLE to do at goal?

Options

Replies

• PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Excellent plan, although you will never catch ME on rollerblades. lol
    What a silly thing to say, Mr. Ward. :laugh: Just you wait and see! One day you'll say "why did I ever think I couldn't do this?" One day you and suzybee will both be able to do whatever you want.

It is so stunning to feel normal, and to be able to do whatever you want. Yesterday I sitting in one of those four-inch-tall lawn chairs and was able to stand up all by myself. You get the biggest grin when you realize you can do something "normal". :happy:

Paula
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    What a silly thing to say, Mr. Ward. :laugh: Just you wait and see! One day you'll say "why did I ever think I couldn't do this?" One day you and suzybee will both be able to do whatever you want.

Paula

Ah Paula, if only you had seen me trying to ice skate as a teen. I have NO ankle rigidity, then or now! lol

Now, I do look forward to the day I can get up from one of those silly lawn chairs again! Kudo's to you PK!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I want to go horseback riding with my daughter. My weight has been over the limit most trail riding places set. Not to mention I wouldn't want to put a poor horse through too much. Another goal is to be able to go to Cedar Point or Universal and be able to ride anything without fear of not fitting.

The zip-linning sounds fantastic. I think I'd really enjoy that one too.

Okay I'm really really late to some of these but those are my want to do without worry one day goals.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to walk the Camino de Santiago from France to Spain. I hope I get to do that someday!
  • Gw3nJa
    Gw3nJa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Oh man. To go to an amusement park and not worry if things are going to buckle. To go to clothing stores and not worry if they will have pants that are in my size.
  • leefuuxx
    leefuuxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    =) Honestly, I just want to be able to go into a store, find something I actually like, and be able to fit into it. Which has yet to happen, but I know will happen one day!
  • Lisaml7411
    Lisaml7411 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to get on the floor and play with my grandkids without pain and the struggle of getting back up.
  • ohsointricate8
    ohsointricate8 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is a great question! I think being able to shop at regular stores more often would be great. Also going to six flags without terror that the bar won't go all the way down!
  • Carysta
    Carysta Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I would love to be able to go hiking again, which was something I loved to do. Not like crazy-hard trails, just regular, out in the bush hikes at some of our provincial parks. Right now I walk with a walker, not exactly able to go in the bush with that. Although I might get to have a mini-hike this summer because one of my favourite parks is putting in an accessible trail this summer! So I'm aiming for being in good enough shape by August to be able to physically do a 1.1k trail :)
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to wear clothing that is comfortable without worrying that I have lumps and bumps everywhere. I also would love to travel but right now I'm too embarassed. Hopefully, losing the weight will give me the confidence to go places and actually interact with people.
  • denisemarielarnder
    denisemarielarnder Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1. Skin removal surgery, and after all healed up from that, wear a BIKINI for the first time in my life...
    2. Run 5ks or maybe even 10ks, or maybe even run my local "Boulder Dash" which I think is like, 18 miles. So stuff like this.
    3. Horseback riding.
    4. To get into the single digits of normal-sized clothing (example: a 6 or an 8) As in, not being stuck between normal and plus-sizes like I currently am.
    5. To fit comfortably on a plane without having to squeeze myself in. So I'm not worried about my fat spilling into the personal bubble of the passenger next to me.
    6. To wear the clothing I WANT to wear rather than just what looks 'slimming' on me...
    7. To be able to fit into a leotard so I can learn some basic ballet (I'm also working on my poor flexibility).
    8. Get married.

Probably a lot more than that, but that's all I can think of right now.
  • Peachfaygo77
    Peachfaygo77 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @goal
    I want to be physically fit!
    I want to be able to participate in marathons
    I want to get into running( rip Mariya) My friend use to be a runner she committed suicide my best fitness memories are with her.
    I want to have more confidence
    I want to be better in bed with my man
    I want to wear sexy short dresses
    I want to be cute in my wedding dress
  • GenesisBodiford
    GenesisBodiford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    be able to play tag or race with my girls in the park.... I want to be an example of health to them, not an example of death walking. ha.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    be able to play tag or race with my girls in the park.... I want to be an example of health to them, not an example of death walking. ha.

This is my biggest motivator right now. It's all about having a quality life with my girls and leading them by example. I don't want my sweet daughters to have the same issues I've had.
  • mdgivens
    mdgivens Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Muscle-ups. That's pretty much it.
  • BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I want to buy cute clothes and have children. I have PCOS and weight loss could help a lot with that.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I really want my excess skin removed. Not all of it, but the abdomen and leg stuff. In a pain-free, cost-free world I wouldn't mind the whole shebang, but in the reality in which we live, legs and abdomen, please. By a surgeon who does an excellent job.
  • ckozl81
    ckozl81 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Oh man what do I look forward to... not being the slowest person in my group fitness classes or in a 5k. I own it don't get me wrong I know I'm a rock star because I'm doing it regardless but to not be the last one would be... AMAZING at least once. :) I look forward to being able to fit my booty in a roller coaster seat again and doing Zip Lining. I also look forward to buying cute clothes for less money than I spend now. I want to be able to ride horses again at the local riding ranch. I look forward to running more than I walk.

There are so many things but I try to focus on one goal at a time so I don't get discouraged. Not being able to do the horse rides is something I miss and zip lining I really want to try.
  • AbbyPort89
    AbbyPort89 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    As vein as it might be, I just want to be out of the "plus-size" section of the store. I very much look forward to the day when I can buy an XL or a 14 size pant.