Talking Dead: Team Mika and Lizzie

Options

Replies

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Y'all are gonna laugh, but I just read through all these, stopped, waved at my monitor and say "hey you guys." :)

lol - that sounds like something I would do.

I have an ipad so im used to touching the screen. When I have to use one of the netbooks at work, I ALWAYS touch the screen like i think its supposed to work.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have decided that the next two weeks are going to be ME weeks and I plan on working out, running and working and running so I will shoot for the 500 cardio as a challenge to myself. I've been good on eating at a deficit according to my fitbit, but also for the next two weeks I am challenging myself to eat NO processed foods. That is my downfall, I love processed foods and when I eat a little I crave more. I guess it can be debated what is processed foods according to some people. So to clarify I am cutting out fast foods, fried foods, sweets such as cakes, donuts, cookies. I am focusing on protein shakes, fruit and salads, lean proteins and greek yogart. I'm going to really try to stay away from wheats for the next two weeks and see if it takes my tummy bloat down.

I eat this way everyday. I havent had pasta, bread, rice, potatoes or any other starch in almost a year. Its hard sometimes, but it is doable. Especially if its for a short period.

Remember - jerky and reduced fat cheeses are perfectly acceptable as a meal. And BACON is good for you (although I would try more for the turkey bacon than regular most of the time)

It has been harder than I thought it would be. But I had some leftover food at work that I ate up -- progresso soup, not necessarily that bad for you but definitely processed and I have a pack of ritz crackers that I will eat just like two or three to curb the salty carb craving. All in all still good for what I was eating a month ago!

Did my Zombie run outside today in the city - got caught twice as its hard to run from zombies through the lights (the busses and cars here will hit you!) and its melting snow slush on the sidewalks so its kind of slick. That's ok still got my 45 min cardio in! Gonna hit the gym after work tonight.
  • tj1376
    Options
    The zombie run sounds like it would be fun, but Im not much of a runner. If I could have a zombie speed walking app, that would be awesome!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    TJ - you can go at your own pace on the zombie run. You do have to up your speed to out run the zombies. I started out walking it and then moving to a jog when I had a zombie chase. Now I'm up to running almost the whole episode - but there are still those days I'm not quite feeling it and I can still walk it. You can also disable the zombie chase if you want - its a good story line and makes doing the treadmill a whole lot easier!

As for yesterday - not sure what my problem was - it was one of those days I just wasn't feeling it. I had to make myself go to the gym after work and usually once I'm there I will really hit it - could barely get a workout done for some reason. But today its supposed to be warmer and sunny so I'm hoping that helps with my motiviation!
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am getting less and less social on the site so I need to get this out of the way. We have to say something I take it about our goal for this challenge. Well it's sucking. I still have we will say ten lb to go and not enough time. If I would eat only when I feel hungry maybe that would work but then everyone say's that if I don't eat my body will hold on to the weight. So I have no clue, I have been stuck for the last two weeks. That's it.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Ok so I am getting less and less social on the site so I need to get this out of the way. We have to say something I take it about our goal for this challenge. Well it's sucking. I still have we will say ten lb to go and not enough time. If I would eat only when I feel hungry maybe that would work but then everyone say's that if I don't eat my body will hold on to the weight. So I have no clue, I have been stuck for the last two weeks. That's it.

Eat more!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options

Do you only have 10 lbs to go to be at your goal? If so, I wouldn't set your goals on the scale. The scale itself is one of the worst ways to measure success. Set your goal for losing inches/toning, or increasing cardiovasular, or fitting into a specific size. If I was going solely on the scale I would have thrown in the towel 2 years ago!
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options

You really cannot set scale goals. You just can't. You're setting yourself up for failure. Unfortunately, MFP likes to brainwash people into thinking that if they have a certain type of day, they will weigh a certain weight in 5 weeks every time we close out our diary. If that were true, I'd have hit my goal like a year ago!! The scale is not the best way to measure progress. Measurements and photos speak volumes. My scale barely moves now. I'm lucky if it moves once every 2 months. If I were to base my progress solely off that, I'd have quit months ago. My clothes keep getting baggier, and I keep dropping in sizes, despite the lack of movement on my scale. I must be doing something right! :)

Make sure you're fueling your body appropriately and you're eating enough. I notice that your diary is very very low many nights. No, you're not going to gain weight or hold onto weight from not eating enough... how do you think starving people/anorexic people get so thin and frail? From not eating. I'm actually working out more now than I ever have, yet my scale is moving less than it used to. You're burning fat and gaining muscle. There is more room for muscle when you get rid of fat, and muscle is a lot denser and takes up less space than fat, so as you workout, you gain lots and lots of muscle, which plays a role with the scale's movement, as well. My dad had lost like 25 lbs and was getting so excited at the scale's movement. He started going to the gym, and within 2 weeks he had gained 5 lbs. He was so frustrated he wanted to quit...but he's gone down 2 pants sizes.. I know that we, especially women, want to see that magic number. We want to see the scale go down. It's psychological. But please, do not get discouraged, and take those measurements and photos!!!!!!! Keep at it. You're doing great. This is not an easy process. We're all in this together.
  • Georgielee37
    Options

Do you only have 10 lbs to go to be at your goal? If so, I wouldn't set your goals on the scale. The scale itself is one of the worst ways to measure success. Set your goal for losing inches/toning, or increasing cardiovasular, or fitting into a specific size. If I was going solely on the scale I would have thrown in the towel 2 years ago!

JC I have more then 10 lb to go, I just have 10 left in the goal I set for this. I don't have size I want to be or a weight for that matter. I guess I will know when I get there.
  • Georgielee37
    Options

You really cannot set scale goals. You just can't. You're setting yourself up for failure. Unfortunately, MFP likes to brainwash people into thinking that if they have a certain type of day, they will weigh a certain weight in 5 weeks every time we close out our diary. If that were true, I'd have hit my goal like a year ago!! The scale is not the best way to measure progress. Measurements and photos speak volumes. My scale barely moves now. I'm lucky if it moves once every 2 months. If I were to base my progress solely off that, I'd have quit months ago. My clothes keep getting baggier, and I keep dropping in sizes, despite the lack of movement on my scale. I must be doing something right! :)

Make sure you're fueling your body appropriately and you're eating enough. I notice that your diary is very very low many nights. No, you're not going to gain weight or hold onto weight from not eating enough... how do you think starving people/anorexic people get so thin and frail? From not eating. I'm actually working out more now than I ever have, yet my scale is moving less than it used to. You're burning fat and gaining muscle. There is more room for muscle when you get rid of fat, and muscle is a lot denser and takes up less space than fat, so as you workout, you gain lots and lots of muscle, which plays a role with the scale's movement, as well. My dad had lost like 25 lbs and was getting so excited at the scale's movement. He started going to the gym, and within 2 weeks he had gained 5 lbs. He was so frustrated he wanted to quit...but he's gone down 2 pants sizes.. I know that we, especially women, want to see that magic number. We want to see the scale go down. It's psychological. But please, do not get discouraged, and take those measurements and photos!!!!!!! Keep at it. You're doing great. This is not an easy process. We're all in this together.

Thanks Amy and I get what you are saying TJ try's to tell me the same thing all the time. I know this is going to sound strange but I can honestly forget to eat, I am not trying to starve myself I am just not hungry and for a fluffy girl people have a hard time believing that but it's true and then add the fact that my doc has me on med's for my headache's that is also to help with weight loss ( Topamax ) and every time I go in even though my headaches are doing good she keep's uping my med's to try and help me lose. So that makes me less hungry. I don't want food in the first place, the med make me want less but no one is happy if I eat like I want....I think I am the only one on MFP that fakes there food as in giving them selves calories LMAO.....and no I am not stopping my med's because I am not having headaches and I love my doc !!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Well I've hit my goals for the challenge: 310 cardio; 105 strength. Wow 500 cardio is hard to do. I feel like I've really been working out hard this week. I still have tomorrow so the most I see me doing is around 370 maybe, just maybe 400.

How's everyone else doing with their totals??
  • AmyP619
    Options
    I'm almost done with my totals! I have today and tomorrow to finish up, so I've definitely got this week on lock :)
    Let's go team! I really hope Mika and Lizzie are in the episode on Sunday... getting tired of no kills this season! LOl
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Here's my totals for the week TJ:

Monday: 65 min. cardio; 15 min. of strength

Tuesday: 45 min. cardio; 30 strenght; 30 cardio

Wednesday 45 min. cardio; 30 cardio; 15 strength

Thursday 45 min. cardio; 30 min strength

Friday 50 min. cardio;

Saturday 60 min. cardo; 30 min. strength including punisment circuit

I include punches and kicks in my cardio to satisfy the martial arts piece of the challenge.

Diet - stayed within my alloted caloires to be at my deficit.

totals: Cardio 370; strength 120

Wow - I worked out during lunch and after work most days and still couldn't get to 400 cardio. I wish I had more time during lunch - I could easily get in 60 to 90 min if I had the time. But this is still an improvement over what I was doing when I started the challenge. I didn't stick with my goal of NO processed foods. Man, that is really hard for me now - my husband has a big influence on that as he likes all tha stuff and its hard for me to not eat any of it if its around. But I have cut down considerably so I still think its a win. I am going to try again this week to keep it up with the no processed because it at least keeps me from going overboard when I do have it I am very conscious about what I am eating so I really cut my portions down.

I hope everyone had a good week! I am not sure if anyone needs them, but I would be more than happy to donate any of my overages to a group member. I only did the circuit challenge once. I was concentrating on cardio and started back on my New Rules routine so that ate up my time when I was working out. It was a nice little circuit workout though - I would love to start incorporating it into a morning routine - I've never been a morning person but I always feel like my mornings are wasted when I don't do anything before work!
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Here's my totals for the week TJ:

Monday: 65 min. cardio; 15 min. of strength

Tuesday: 45 min. cardio; 30 strenght; 30 cardio

Wednesday 45 min. cardio; 30 cardio; 15 strength

Thursday 45 min. cardio; 30 min strength

Friday 50 min. cardio;

Saturday 60 min. cardo; 30 min. strength including punisment circuit

I include punches and kicks in my cardio to satisfy the martial arts piece of the challenge.

Diet - stayed within my alloted caloires to be at my deficit.

totals: Cardio 370; strength 120

Wow - I worked out during lunch and after work most days and still couldn't get to 400 cardio. I wish I had more time during lunch - I could easily get in 60 to 90 min if I had the time. But this is still an improvement over what I was doing when I started the challenge. I didn't stick with my goal of NO processed foods. Man, that is really hard for me now - my husband has a big influence on that as he likes all tha stuff and its hard for me to not eat any of it if its around. But I have cut down considerably so I still think its a win. I am going to try again this week to keep it up with the no processed because it at least keeps me from going overboard when I do have it I am very conscious about what I am eating so I really cut my portions down.

I hope everyone had a good week! I am not sure if anyone needs them, but I would be more than happy to donate any of my overages to a group member. I only did the circuit challenge once. I was concentrating on cardio and started back on my New Rules routine so that ate up my time when I was working out. It was a nice little circuit workout though - I would love to start incorporating it into a morning routine - I've never been a morning person but I always feel like my mornings are wasted when I don't do anything before work!

Amazing job this week, girly!!!!!!!! Keep it up!! You definitely rocked it.
  • AmyP619
    Options
    Cardio Total = 295 mins
    Strength Total = 90 mins
    Circuit Punishment= Done
    Definitely within my calories this week. I dropped my calories back down and had some awesome burns this week!

One of my goals was to run a faster mile by the end of this challenge, as well as to be able to run longer distances. This week I ran my first 10 minute mile ever. I was very excited! I usually set the treadmill to an 11 minute pace, and I run for like a half hour at that pace. This week I did a faster 10 minute mile because I told myself I knew I could do it, then I ran the rest of my time at my normal 11 min pace. Now to work on being able to run longer at a 10 min pace!!! :)

Week 5- COMPLETE! :D
  • Cali_Mell
    Cali_Mell Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm here- I didn't forget!

Pneumonia and I are still in the war, so far he's kicking my *kitten*. Go in tomorrow for three shots to said *kitten* and I'm not too enthusiastic about that.

I missed the 500 cardio goal by 40 minutes. So irked about that. Strength I only got in 95, and let me tell ya, that was pushing it this week.

Positives to the sickness:

I lost 3 pounds this week alone
    I think that because I've been doing so much cardio lately (thanks to this challenge) I'm not as weak as I or the doctor expected
    I did't fall back on junk foods that I can hold down. I didn't eat much, but what I did eat was healthy
    FINALLY my TH gets that I'm doing this and he has volunteered to go walking the rails with me. Which is awesome because I can't walk those without a walking buddy and the dog doesn't count, per doc's orders.

So, not the greatest week in Mell world, but I didn't get eaten by zombies, no one shot me, I'm still breathing, and best of all, I'm still moving forward. :)

You guys did awesome this week!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Cali - you still posted some great numbers, even sick. I was 50 min short of my 500 goal too.

New Challenge is posted - we dont have punishment exercises yet, assuming we have them at all so stay tuned for those!!.
  • Georgielee37
    Options
    Ok Cali_Mell looks like we are Team P !!!!! We got this :tongue: :tongue: ......I am the world worst at talking on this message board so your going to have to help me :ohwell: :ohwell: cause I take it that it counts this week.:frown: :frown:
  • tj1376
    Options
    Ok Cali_Mell looks like we are Team P !!!!! We got this :tongue: :tongue: ......I am the world worst at talking on this message board so your going to have to help me :ohwell: :ohwell: cause I take it that it counts this week.:frown: :frown:

It counts every week.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Alright Amy we are the Hopefuls and we can do this! I'm ready to hit it this week hard. Starting out with a good 50 min. evading zombies and a good 10 min strength training out on the trail during my lunch hour. (ssh don't tell my boss I was a tad bit late getting back from lunch!) Going to hit the trail again after work and we'll see what I get in there. Just looked at the long ranger and it looks sunny and warm here all week.

Congrats Mel! You deserve it - great way to hang in there. Its so easy to lose motivation when your sick - awesome job on staying with it.

I'm a little nervous about the preview for next week's show though!