Where Are You From? What do you do there?

Options
124»

Replies

• JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    We have had quite a few new members join us. Please say hello and let us know a little something about yourself and where your from.

:heart: WELCOME to the group!!!:heart:
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Jeanne, and I live in a suburb of Vancouver British Columbia. I am 44 years old, married, and have 3 kids, although they aren't really kids anymore! LOL
    My youngest is almost 16 (boy), my middle is 18 (girl) and my oldest is 22 (boy). My boys both live at home, and my daughter is away at university in Ontario, where she plays varsity ice hockey. Miss her like CRAZY!!!!

I teach preschool for a living, and I love it!

I'm pre-op right now, hoping to have my surgery this summer while i'm off work. I'm currently a patient of the West Coast Bariatric program, one of two bariatric programs in BC. I waited 18 months to get in, and i'm SUPER excited to be on this journey!

Looking forward to meeting you all & becoming an active member of this group!
  • Lorijp
    Lorijp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I lived in California until I was in the 6th grade then I moved to Oklahoma, where I currently reside. We got snow today YAY!!! I had Vertical sleeve surgery in July 2012.
  • sarahscoles1
    sarahscoles1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm Sarah from central Illinois. Originally from the beautiful Outer Banks of N. Carolina, but I've been in Illinois since the fall of 2000. I'm married and have two children, a son who is 13, and a daughter who is 7. I work full time as a Registered Nurse, spreading my time between a busy Cardiac ICU where I take care of post op heart/lung/vascular surgery patients, and the ER. I love my career, and I especially love that losing weight has made the physically demanding parts of my job a LOT easier. I still have a long way to go with my weight loss, but I know packing it on didn't happen overnight and it's not going to come off that fast either. I'm looking forward to nicer weather where I can get outside with my kids and actually play instead of watching them play!
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    Thanks for posting everyone! Very nice to meet you and we are so glad you're here!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    hi im claire, im 31 and live in sheffield currently after a stint in belfast, northern ireland

im mum to an 8 year old girl, im her carer as shes disabled

i had my rny bypass surgery on the 17th of january this year so havnt been weighed since the op so weight lost so far on my ticker is from pre op, took 18 months to get to surgery
  • JenaOnTrack74
    Options
    hi im claire, im 31 and live in sheffield currently after a stint in belfast, northern ireland

i had my rny bypass surgery on the 17th of january this year so havnt been weighed since the op so weight lost so far on my ticker is from pre op, took 18 months to get to surgery
    Welcome!!:flowerforyou: Hope you're healing fast and feeling better each day!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

Welcome!!:flowerforyou: Hope you're healing fast and feeling better each day!
    im a slow healer. my biggest port site didnt close properly so is still painful but im trying to just get on with it and keep moving :smile:
  • calgurl855
    Options
    Hi everyone I am new to this group. My name is Liset and I am 28, I was born and raised in southern California with a couple of years in the Bay Area for college. I am in the process of getting WLS. I am getting my surgery through Kaiser and they require me to complete a 12 week course. I start my first class next Tuesday. The surgeon has asked me to loose about 35 lbs before surgery. I would appreciate any guidance you can offer me. I know that my life is going to change in any ways post-surgery and while I am a little scared the excitement for my new life is overwhelming.