Member Updates

13»

Replies

• 1LoveChips
    1LoveChips Posts: 260 Member
    Wanted to rejoice seeing we've only got 10 days to go, but then I noticed we've lost a few more people along the way :sad:

Hang in there guys!
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Feeling proud of myself today. I went to my exercise class but there was a mixup because of bad weather. Only eight of us turned up, and class was then officially cancelled. No teacher, no music.

But-- one of the class members had done exercise videos from the youtube channel "XHIT," and liked them. So we played them on someone's phone and managed to work out. Fortunately the one woman sort of knew the routines, so we were all able to listen and also watch her. Picture eight middle-aged women in a circle around a smartphone, straining and puffing.It was weird, but we got in a halfway decent workout.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Feeling proud of myself today. I went to my exercise class but there was a mixup because of bad weather. Only eight of us turned up, and class was then officially cancelled. No teacher, no music.

But-- one of the class members had done exercise videos from the youtube channel "XHIT," and liked them. So we played them on someone's phone and managed to work out. Fortunately the one woman sort of knew the routines, so we were all able to listen and also watch her. Picture eight middle-aged women in a circle around a smartphone, straining and puffing.It was weird, but we got in a halfway decent workout.

:laugh: OMG!!! That is so awesome....but oh such a funny visual!! I would have been one of those old ladies in the circle too!! :laugh:
  • SgtBA_Diana
    SgtBA_Diana Posts: 156 Member
    January 20th

WOOO HOOO!!!! I have finally jumped over that plateau!!!! I also reached my first mini goal...to weigh less than 190!!! Next mini goal....weigh less than 185!!! These challenges are helping me stay motivated and active. The added push-ups, squats, jumping jacks, etc. are paying off!!! Thank you for the added push!!!!

I hope I'm doing this right... First time & I don't know the difference between the "Quote" & "Reply" but going with "Quote" since the rest are doing it. I just wanted to say WAY TO GO & KEEP UP THE AWESOME JOB!! Hard word & dedication pays off :smile:
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    January 22nd

Another WOOO HOOO for me today!!! 6 months ago today, I quit smoking...no meds, no patches, no gum...COLD TURKEY!!!! To top it off, I didn't gain that much after smoking and now I have started losing the weight again. I FEEL GOOD...DODADODA...LIKE i KNEW THAT I WOULD!!!! (Doing the HAPPY dance!!!):love::flowerforyou:
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    So I came down on a rock and bruised the bottom of my really badly! And it was already giving me problems. I am off my foot yesterday and most of today. But going to try and lift weights and ride stationary bike for while. Hopefully starting late today. So I missed 1 day of exercise. SO hard for me too. Gonna look into some hiking boots I guess!
  • 1LoveChips
    January 22nd

Another WOOO HOOO for me today!!! 6 months ago today, I quit smoking...no meds, no patches, no gum...COLD TURKEY!!!! To top it off, I didn't gain that much after smoking and now I have started losing the weight again. I FEEL GOOD...DODADODA...LIKE i KNEW THAT I WOULD!!!! (Doing the HAPPY dance!!!):love::flowerforyou:

Brilliant! So often people put weight on when giving up *kitten*. I know I did. Well done!
  • Jagreene62
    January 22nd

Commented on this at another post....AWESOME NEWS!!! :drinker:
  • Jagreene62
    So I came down on a rock and bruised the bottom of my really badly! And it was already giving me problems. I am off my foot yesterday and most of today. But going to try and lift weights and ride stationary bike for while. Hopefully starting late today. So I missed 1 day of exercise. SO hard for me too. Gonna look into some hiking boots I guess!

So sorry to hear this Be!! :cry: Heal first, then come back strong...you know what to do!! :bigsmile:
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    It's sooooo much easier to just keep going than to fall off the proverbial wagon and then find a way to climb back up again. This challenge makes it easier to not fall off to begin with. Last night I squeezed in just a little bit of exercise to meet the minimum requirement and it changed my mood entirely. My mind was on the needs of others all day, but taking that little bit of time for me lifted my spirits. Thank you for making our goals achievable, and thank you ladies both for setting this up and keeping it going!
  • Jagreene62
    It's sooooo much easier to just keep going than to fall off the proverbial wagon and then find a way to climb back up again. This challenge makes it easier to not fall off to begin with. Last night I squeezed in just a little bit of exercise to meet the minimum requirement and it changed my mood entirely. My mind was on the needs of others all day, but taking that little bit of time for me lifted my spirits. Thank you for making our goals achievable, and thank you ladies both for setting this up and keeping it going!

Awwww you are so welcome...but YOU are the one doing all the work!! :drinker:
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Even though I did not make it all the way through January, I LOVE this group! It has really helped me keep on track. Even though I stumbled on Sunday, I got back on track. Hats off to all of you who hung in there and are still in the group. Hopefully, I will get back in February - looking forward to it!
    Keep it up - you all are fantastic!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Sorry - double post. Wonky internet.
  • Jagreene62
    Even though I did not make it all the way through January, I LOVE this group! It has really helped me keep on track. Even though I stumbled on Sunday, I got back on track. Hats off to all of you who hung in there and are still in the group. Hopefully, I will get back in February - looking forward to it!
    Keep it up - you all are fantastic!

THANK YOU!!! YOU WILL BE BACK!! :flowerforyou:
  • 1LoveChips
    Bum! I'm out :cry:

Really over did it with the calories last night. So close...

Back into it today already, won't become complacent.
  • Jagreene62
    Bum! I'm out :cry:

Really over did it with the calories last night. So close...

Back into it today already, won't become complacent.

:brokenheart: Soooo close too!!! Glad you got right back though!! Later Gator!! :drinker: