Options
feel free to post any kind of recipes

Replies

• vstarz15
    vstarz15 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I was checking out the Engine2 website and came across these:

http://engine2diet.com/recipe/mighty-muffins/

They definitely satisfy my pastry-with-coffee craving in the morning!

P.S. I baked them at 350 degrees - they don't list an oven temp on the website :/ worked out fine !
  • jennhill310
    Options
    I found this recipe a few days ago and am having it for lunch today, Tried it last night and it's pretty good.
    Only 156 calories for 2/3C

http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Zesty-Tuna-Pasta-Salad-6165.html
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    loving the recipes

i make these .. i came up with it on my own but seems like great minds think alike.. i throw cocoa powder, flax, chia, nuts, oats pb..sunflower seeds.. they can be made any way whatever you like. just depends on what i have on hand and what im in the mood for.. i bind them with a little water,

i call mine bliss balls..

but here is a more precise recipe

http://atouchofzest.com/energy-balls/
  • jennhill310
    Options
    ^^ that looks yumy! Must try that this weekend!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    this is my friends chilli recipe.. i made a few tweaks to mine, but this is so good!!

Brown 2 lbs extra lean ground hamburger or turkey (omit to make vegetarian). Drain AND rinse meat (we're trying to get it as close to fat free as possible). Place in crock-pot. Chop two onions of your choice (I use yellow and red) and two bell peppers (again, your choice--I used a red pepper and a yellow pepper). Sautee in pan, add cooked vegetables to crock pot. Add one large can of crushed tomatoes, two regular-sized cans of diced tomatoes. You can add more or less tomatoes later on to get the desired consistency. I personally like chili to be chunky. Add three cans of beans--your choice (I use black beans, pinto, and garbanzo). Add two cans of diced green chilis. Jalepenos if you'd like. Add 7 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt to taste, cumin to taste, 1/2 cup natural brown sugar (could possibly be omitted in favor of maple syrup or other sweetener). Stir and set on low all day, or high for a couple hours.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    this is my friends chilli recipe.. i made a few tweaks to mine, but this is so good!!

Brown 2 lbs extra lean ground hamburger or turkey (omit to make vegetarian). Drain AND rinse meat (we're trying to get it as close to fat free as possible). Place in crock-pot. Chop two onions of your choice (I use yellow and red) and two bell peppers (again, your choice--I used a red pepper and a yellow pepper). Sautee in pan, add cooked vegetables to crock pot. Add one large can of crushed tomatoes, two regular-sized cans of diced tomatoes. You can add more or less tomatoes later on to get the desired consistency. I personally like chili to be chunky. Add three cans of beans--your choice (I use black beans, pinto, and garbanzo). Add two cans of diced green chilis. Jalepenos if you'd like. Add 7 teaspoons of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, salt to taste, cumin to taste, 1/2 cup natural brown sugar (could possibly be omitted in favor of maple syrup or other sweetener). Stir and set on low all day, or high for a couple hours.

Sounds great! Could probably pull this off for a football party and nobody would know the difference!!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    my mom even liked it! it was really good.. i omitted the meat.. im plant based
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    A salad topping I frequently make:

1 cut up medium apple (quartered then the quarters cut in half again.)
    1 tbsp. sliced almonds (oven roasted, unsalted)
    2 tbsp. craisins
    1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
    2 tbsp. lime juice.

Put the apple bits into a small mixing bowl. Pour the lime juice over the apples to keep them from browning and toss for a few seconds. Add in the almonds and craisins. Drizzle with the olive oil and then toss again. It makes four servings for any kind of salad.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Oven fries
    I use red potatoes but you can use any kind even sweet potatoes if you prefer
    I use Mrs Dash because I am low salt diet
    spray the pan with extra light olive oil (not extra virgin) leave the peels on the potatoes when cutting them one potato makes about 8 fries (no matter the size) arrange them on a cookie sheet then spray them again with the oil and sprinkle with your seasoning

these are a great alternative for fries
    8 fries are pretty filling and very tasty
  • jennhill310
    Options
    http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Baked-Parmesan-Chicken-Tenders-4031.html

made this last night for dinner, oh it was so good and even my husband loves it and he hates chicken. I also made this and it was delish

http://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Garden-Vegetable-Rice-6083.html
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    oh i think that veggie rice will be a hgood one with brown rice .. put in my rice cooker.. thanks!

sue i love oven fries yum!!

lil.. i just made homemade craisens.. love green apples.. that topping sounds so good.

keep them coming guys!
  • sue_stef
    Options
    I do not measure much when I cook I just cook (there are 7 of us)
    Baked Potato Soup
    (low salt and low fat)
    the biggest problem with soup is it is very high in salt so if you are watching what you eat or have high blood pressure or retain water like a sponge(like me) then salt/sodium in foods is the enemy that you beat down daily

Baked potato soup is a favorite so I went hunting and found a version that I (and the kids) like that also has lower salt than the internet version

skim milk
    baby red potatoes(you can use any kind but I like these best)
    colby/jack cheese
    turkey bacon (or any kind)
    onions
    celery
    chives
    plain greek yogurt(you will find I use this a LOT in recipes mostly because I use a lot of cream recipes and this is a fabulous substitute)
    and of course Mrs Dash
    and a little extra light olive oil(I use about a tsp depends on your pan)

in a frying pan warm the extra light olive oil
    dice the onions and the celery
    put them in the oil to cook them a bit
    in another pan boil some of the baby red potatoes you will be making mashed potatoes out of them to thicken your soup(last time I made this for my family of 7 I used about 5 baby reds I make a huge crock pot of this)
    if using a crock pot put in the milk the diced potatoes and onions and celery
    put them on a medium heat
    mash up the potatoes(leave on the skins on your potatoes it adds vitamins) use the Greek yogurt to help make them smooth add those to the pot and stir till it is mixed in
    cook it all till the diced potatoes are cooked
    you top this soup with some cheese chives and bacon bits
    you can also cook up broccoli or whatever other toppings you would put on baked potatoes
    this soup is supposed to be thick like a stew
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    white bean risotto

puree white beans with garlic and spices.. cook in some brown rice
    top with balsamic mushrooms and caramelized onions
    serve over baby spinach
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    Options
    dessert

Modified from some Rawesome Vegan Recipes

Crust:
    1 1/2 cups nuts (I used 1/2 each of pecans, walnuts and hazelnuts)
    1 1/2 cups dates
    A hint of vanilla and some cinnamon (optional, but recommended)
    unsweetened cocoa .. im a choc lover.

Process all the ingredients together and press into a pie pan.

Chocolate Cream:
    3 avocados, riper the better
    2 Tb coconut oil (sorta optional)
    1/3 cup honey/agave/maple syrup
    A few dates soaked in water
    3/4 cup cacao powder
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    Pinch of salt
    1/2 - 1 cup non-dairy milk/water
    Shredded coconut (optional)
    Cacoa nibs optional, but adds texture

Blend all the ingredients, adding milk/water as needed, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Fold in shredded coconut and/or cacao nibs for added texture and decadence. Pour into pie crust.

Whipped Cream:
    1-2 cans chilled full fat coconut milk
    3 Tb raw powdered sugar
    1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    Toasted shredded coconut (optional)

Refrigerate the coconut milk for 24 hrs. Carefully, open the can(s) and skim off the fat part only. Set the liquid aside for use in smoothie or something else. Whip all the ingredients with a mixer until it's fluffy and delicious. Spoon on to pie. Toast coconut in a skillet until golden brown and sprinkle on top.

ENJOY!!!
  • jennhill310
    Options
    oh i think that veggie rice will be a hgood one with brown rice .. put in my rice cooker.. thanks!

keep them coming guys!

I actually used brown rice and it was awesome! It was so easy too I'm definitely making it again
  • sue_stef
    Options
    oh Lynetta I want that chocolate BAD

here is what I do for a quick low sugar chocolate treat
    Dannon Light and fit greek yogurt and and about 1/2 TBS of unsweetened cocoa powder

(that one is not for Vegans sorry Lynetta)

lately I have had a craving for a cheesy tasty buttery tuna melt

so I came up with this

avacado
    TBS greek yogurt
    tuna
    green onions
    1 roma Tomato
    Albacore tuna pouch (cheap and already measured as one serving)
    Colby Jack cheese 1oz
    spinach ( put it in everything to try to get as much veggies as I can)
    a chi chis whole wheat fajita wrap

spray some olive oil on a cookie sheet put down your wrap
    in a bowl mix the tuna and 1/2 an avacado and the greek yogurt
    spread that on your wrap
    dice the tomato and the green onions
    sprinkle those on top of the tuna mixture
    rip up the spinach and make a nice layer of green on there (I use about 20 leaves I do not count the tiny ones)
    sprinkle the cheese on top
    and of course add some spices to it
    cook till melty

this is a very tasty lunch Im starting to really like these veggies
  • bclegg
    bclegg Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Clean Eating is one of my favorite sources. Tried this one this week and loved it. Great flavor! http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/recipes/classics-made-clean/chicken-paprikash/