need advices to increase Low RMR

Options
13»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Okay then i should do one month of data
    But how much calories do you suggest to eat?
    And that month for example should be
    2week at 1500 then 2week 1900?

I just meant don't even try to do the TDEE calculation unless you have clearly discovered your TDEE and started on the high side, or are eating below it after having done so.

But, you can take shorter segments to decide if it's even possibly fat, or must be water.

I'm having trouble trying to discern your data since you throw it out as daily level, and that's just not useful.
    So see if you can average it out for me minimum weekly.

So last week you ate 1967 and gained 200 g.
    And as you indicated that would imply prior eating level was about 1746, if that gain was NOT water weight but fat.
    But I think I saw a bunch of days in there higher than 1746.

Therefore you gained more weight than the increase in calories could cause if it was fat weight.
    Therefore it was water weight - right?
    So if prior eating level was actual TDEE, how did you gain fast water weight?
    Because it wasn't actual TDEE, thats how.
    I think you still have upward movement available.
    Again, you'd have to eat 250 calories over true TDEE to gain 227 g in 1 week.
    And while you did gain close to that - was it anywhere near 250 calories over prior avg eating level?
    I don't think so, but need these stats.

List the weeks prior in reverse order if you can, for avg daily eating level, and what you gained at the end of that week eating that amount. Here is the last week.
    1967 - up 200 g
  • Kotori
    Kotori Posts: 34
    Options
    Therefore you gained more weight than the increase in calories could cause if it was fat weight.
    Therefore it was water weight - right?
    So if prior eating level was actual TDEE, how did you gain fast water weight?
    Because it wasn't actual TDEE, thats how.
    i usually gain 500-700 g with my period, maybe the fast water weigh caused because of that
    I think you still have upward movement available.
    Again, you'd have to eat 250 calories over true TDEE to gain 227 g in 1 week.
    And while you did gain close to that - was it anywhere near 250 calories over prior avg eating level?
    I don't think so, but need these stats.
    you mean i should eat 2000 calories this week ? i think my metabolism is low by genetic 1700-1800 with my activity
    i had my sister ate 1400-1500 and didn't mind to eat extra 200-300 calories if its needed (she's dieting without exercising)
    she lost 7-8 kg in a year and still losing weight although she suffered from suppressed metabolic before and gained 10 kg in a year because of low calories diet 1000-1200 until she felt hopeless and start eating what she thinks she needs and its really worked

I'm telling you that because it seems to me and her that we had the same metabolic rate
    List the weeks prior in reverse order if you can, for avg daily eating level, and what you gained at the end of that week eating that amount. Here is the last week.
    1967 - up 200 g
    1707 - lose 100 g - 69.8 (its 10 days not a week)
    1650 - maintain
    1638 - maintain
    1570 - maintain
    1551 - 69.9

i really wish those stats would help
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok, useful to see in order like that, week after week.

Ate 1550-1571 - maintain - wasn't TDEE though because of what happens next.

Ate 1638-1650 - maintain - wasn't TDEE though because of what happens next.

Ate 1707 - lose 100 - perhaps anomaly, but perhaps closer to TDEE and body felt like introducing a deficit now. Where as before was too low.

At 1967 - gain 200 - perhaps anomaly again, only gained 100 over prior higher weight. But TOM too for water weight gain.

I'd say make 2000 your working TDEE for now, and take the deficit by 15% you are doing. And that's about average maintenance then for woman.

So indeed 1700.

And hope the weight loss is slightly more than 1 lb every 2 weeks as the deficit would indicate.
  • Kotori
    Options
    Ok, useful to see in order like that, week after week.

Ate 1550-1571 - maintain - wasn't TDEE though because of what happens next.

Ate 1638-1650 - maintain - wasn't TDEE though because of what happens next.

Ate 1707 - lose 100 - perhaps anomaly, but perhaps closer to TDEE and body felt like introducing a deficit now. Where as before was too low.

At 1967 - gain 200 - perhaps anomaly again, only gained 100 over prior higher weight. But TOM too for water weight gain.

I'd say make 2000 your working TDEE for now, and take the deficit by 15% you are doing. And that's about average maintenance then for woman.

So indeed 1700.

And hope the weight loss is slightly more than 1 lb every 2 weeks as the deficit would indicate.
    yesterday, after i read your replay i ate 1750
    but if my weight today drop to from 70.2 to 69.5, losing that amount of water weight (700 g ) is it normal?
    after 4 days
    day1:1500 cal
    day2:1520 cal
    day3:1600 cal
    day4:1750 cal
  • heybales
    Options
    Ok, you are stressing yourself out.

What did I say about daily weighings - and how long do you need to wait to see anything useful?

And what's the truth about starting and ending any diet regarding water weight?

Is that amount of loss correct for you for it to be water weight?
    You'd need a muscle biopsy before and after the diet change to know how much less glycogen you stored and then does that apply body wide and then does that amount of difference add up to what you saw in a day change.

You better stop that kind of thinking and give it a month. You might even want to put the scale away for a month until 2 valid weigh-in days at the end.

If this is mild curiosity that's one thing, if this is causing any stress, that's going to work against you.
  • Kotori
    Options
    i was just trying to figure out my TDEE through my weight
    anyway 2 weeks and my weight is the same and I'm eating 1700 cal daily

i need to ask if i could do bod weight training twice a week instead of 3? or add 20 min HIIT on stationary bike?
    does that affect maintaining current mass muscle?

i'm under pressure and had no much time because of my wedding arrangements

and what if i stop those exercises in a week or two (honeymoon) ?
  • heybales
    Options
    Sounds like 1700 is best estimate at TDEE without taking more time going higher then.

So just a reminder - you were eating slightly above 1550 and maintained there too.
    It obviously wasn't potential maintenance because here you are at 1700 maintaining too.

Is 1700 potential TDEE then...... ?

So time for the 15% deficit then and you'll find out.

Time to eat 1445.

I'd keep your workout the same. Because that's the TDEE you've been testing, this level of activity through all the time logging calories.
    If you change what you are doing, you just wasted all those weeks, because that TDEE figure is no longer valid.

If you do the HIIT, it increases your burn compared to lifting for equal time, so your TDEE could be higher or lower, and you will of course get to eat higher or lower - if that was the desire.

But I'd stick with what you are doing.

You should have been losing inches already eating at maintenance and lifting.

In fact your lifting should have been improving with more weight on the bar - that's what happens at maintenance compared to a deficit.

The body should not be so stressed out from under eating so it should be making improvements while losing inches.

are you losing inches measured in many spots?
  • Kotori
    Options
    Sounds like 1700 is best estimate at TDEE without taking more time going higher then.

So just a reminder - you were eating slightly above 1550 and maintained there too.
    It obviously wasn't potential maintenance because here you are at 1700 maintaining too.

Is 1700 potential TDEE then...... ?

So time for the 15% deficit then and you'll find out.

Time to eat 1445.

I'd keep your workout the same. Because that's the TDEE you've been testing, this level of activity through all the time logging calories.
    If you change what you are doing, you just wasted all those weeks, because that TDEE figure is no longer valid.

If you do the HIIT, it increases your burn compared to lifting for equal time, so your TDEE could be higher or lower, and you will of course get to eat higher or lower - if that was the desire.

But I'd stick with what you are doing.

You should have been losing inches already eating at maintenance and lifting.

In fact your lifting should have been improving with more weight on the bar - that's what happens at maintenance compared to a deficit.

The body should not be so stressed out from under eating so it should be making improvements while losing inches.

are you losing inches measured in many spots?

in the spreadsheet, when i decrease bodyweight training minutes 40 min less (40min/session)
    the difference in TDEE is only 28 calories

after 12 weeks, i do want to change my bodyweight training routine to:

warm up 1 min
    Sumo Squat (quads)
    Leg curl with dumbbells (hamstrings)
    Push up (pecs+Triceps)
    Dumbbell Raise (delts)
    One Leg Raises (calves)
    Bent Over Row (Lats and trapezius+Triceps)
    Barbell Curl (Biceps)
    Lunges static (quads)
    Crunch (arms down)
    Twisting Crunch
    Plank

3 sets in row
    i used
    http://www.exrx.net/Workouts/Workout1PPPP.html

and thank you, you really make my day
    i have never thought of taking measurements unless i loss good amount of kgs
    but i wear 3 shirts and jeans that all were very tight last winter!
    they fit me well like i used to when I was 67-66 kg, i'm so happy :"")
  • heybales
    Options

Leg curl with dumbbells (hamstrings)

Glad to hear the inches have been dropping.

What is that above workout with dumbbells for leg curl, tied to ankle somehow?
  • Kotori
    Options

Glad to hear the inches have been dropping.

What is that above workout with dumbbells for leg curl, tied to ankle somehow?

its as she does
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEQ01J46Kxs