Phase I Experiences?

Options
2»

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello All - Just started Phase 1 today. I'm 35 years old with high blood pressure issues. My goal is to be healthy again and if the weight comes off well even better. I always try to stay away from sodium, because i don't like the taste of salt. :P Please share some of your experiences and help me thru this. I've been working out for about 2 months now (cardio boxing & cross-fit). Well wish me luck! Always open to new recipes.

Thank you!

Good luck with your DASH Diet success. All I can say is no fast food. Not even "healthy" places like Subway and Chic-a-fil. Tons of salt in those foods. For bread, try Ezekiel sprouted grain Low Sodium bread and no salt added soup made by Health Valley Organic.
  • zosia141
    zosia141 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wat back when, I was on the South Besch diet and I believe its phase I is similar to the DD phase I in that you limit carbs. It left me feeling weak and real low energy. So much so that I couldn’t climb a hill I was used to foing regularly. I did lose 9 lbs in the first 2 weeks and managed to keep them off. Even tho I gained wt this past year I am still not as high as my highestwt.
  • iheartcb
    iheartcb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Portion sizes are so important as well. That's what I've been having trouble with.
  • pmalcolm
    pmalcolm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i plan to start the dash tomorrow. I am reading the book today! Anyone want to join me?