LET'S GET STARTED

Options
2»

Replies

• Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Welcome CaptainBoing! :flowerforyou:
    My new strategy is to eat a better lunch. I usually skimp on lunch then snack in the afternoon. Any great ideas for lunch (not salad)? :bigsmile:
  • sasbw27
    sasbw27 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    My usual lunch is turkey and cheese on wheat with mustard and an apple. It's a little high in sodium but I drink water with it so it works, I think. My 3pm snack is usually a piece of fruit or greek yogurt. If it's not a sandwich, it's left overs from the night before. If you had a healthy dinner that'll work.
  • Eava57
    Options
    I hope everyone has a great ACTIVE weekend! My goal is to get my son's bedroom back into my workout room (my husband and I are empty-nesters)! I can't wait to do my Wii Zumba again!:wink:
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    A lunch idea I have is an omelette or scrambled eggs, I usually do 1 egg & 1 egg white and then I throw in some peppers, mushrooms, ham.... you can also add some laughing cow cheese if you would like and still be around a 200 calorie lunch. Salsa or Italian seasoning is also a way to change it up.

Stay motivated this weekend everyone!!!! Remember weigh in on Tuesday will be here soon. Weekends are always the hardest time for me to stay on track. Let's try to make sure we get in extra challenging workout in today and Sunday!:noway: :noway:
  • Eava57
    Options
    Thanks, ruby!:smile:
    My hubby and I walked in the rain today!!!!:smooched:
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Eava57 - Awesome, a walk in the rain sounds great!!! I am in Wisconsin and we have been in sub zero zemps for quite some time. 20 below zero F again this morning. It has to end sometime.

Everyone stay strong today, remember weigh in is tomorrow. I hope we all see good results.

GO FIT BY SPRING CHALLENGE GROUP!:flowerforyou:
  • Eava57
    Options
    I lost .2 ounces! :happy: I am not upset about it. I am reading The Fast Metabolism by Haylie Pomroy. I am working on developing
    "a positive relationship" with food. This diet is supposed to rev up your metablolism after years of yo-yo dieting. It seems to make sense to me. I am still reading the book and trying to make better food choices (not going to worry about the weight loss and hope to feel better). One of the key points is we tend to stress about everything we eat without truly enjoying the food. This stress causes us to increase the cortisol levels which in turn "hold onto our body fat". I'll keep you posted. :heart:
    And Ruby...Brrrrrrrr. Are you working out indoors? I just discovered Jillian Michael's DVD's free online if you have Amazon Prime.:bigsmile: