February Challenge?

Options
2»

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    So far on track with my Jillian Michaels Body Revolution program! And progressing on my steps.

exercise.png

Good Job!

You have motivated me to up my steps daily goal - seemed like a great idea at the time but with a little extra effort I have made it to my goal for the first three days. Weekends are usually where I fall off, but I intend to keep up with it!
  • Adc7225
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

February is almost over, how are you going with your challenge?

I have to honestly say that while I have made some changes to my workout program and started out strong with my strength training I have fallen off definitely this past week. I think when I think about February all I see is Chocolate - I think I have eaten some form of chocolate just about every day for the past two weeks and it is reflected in my overall feelings. I eat junk, then I feel sluggish, too tired to cook a real meal - eat more junk and the cycle continues. Time for some good old, get tough, cold turkey style! No more chocolate for me for the rest of this month, I am going to log workouts on my calendar with reminders and get my mind right and back on track.

Ladies, check in with how things are going for you?
  • song_chi_po
    song_chi_po Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for the delayed response, but yes, it's my first one! I'm using a plan my friend put together. I'll try to screenshot and post it to this thread.
  • song_chi_po
    song_chi_po Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm late on this, but my Feb goal is to become a stronger runner and drink more water ( 1 glass an hour). I have intentions on running a half marathon in May and I am not a strong runner at all. So the other half of my goal is to find a training plan that I can stick to and build me up to the 13.1 miles I need to finish the run and in a decent time.

I'm sorry for the delayed response, but yes, it's my first one! I'm using a plan my friend put together. I'll try to screenshot and post it to this thread.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    OK, I fell a bit short of my goal of 280,000 steps in Feb, but 247,490 is not too shabby, given that I spent at least two weekends "binge watching" House of Cards on Netflix.

exercise.png
  • Adc7225
    Options
    February is over! How did you do?

I started out great, then with V-day, I guess I found an excuse to eat chocolate - boy did I eat chocolate! So the weight I lost the first part of the month I gained back some of it in the middle and I am now just back to where I was right before V-Day!

I also tried some different workouts that didn't work for me, so now I am back to doing what I was prior - why do we try and fix things that aren't broken:smile:

This process is about learning what will work for us on our path to better health, I am generally happy with my February Challenge results, I learned something's about myself and stress (hence the overindulgence of chocolate) and how important it can be to get trustworthy information regarding exercise ( I was doing workouts that were not the best way to get the results that I want).

I hope everyone has had some level of success with their challenge.