February 2014 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Hi. I only have 3 miles to hit my February goal. I just had dental surgery Tuesday night and I am not supposed to exercise or "Move My @ss" for a few days. Please do not kick me out of this wonderful group.

Stacey

Stacey - Don't sweat it. We don't kick people out for that kind of stuff. Everyone needs time off from time to time. Life is full of crystal balls, rubber balls and nerf balls. How you juggle those makes all the difference in the world. Your health is a crystal ball and can't afford to be dropped. Exercise is a rubber ball and can on occasion be dropped. Just pick it back up when it bounces back. Some things in life are nerf balls like concert you wanted to go to. It would be nice if you could keep juggling them but it's no big deal if they fall and roll away. So, take care of that crystal ball and start up again when you can. :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Dave - I didn't notice any change in the spreadsheets. I think the move went flawless. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    AWWWWWW NO!!! There you just went and jinxed it!!! :laugh::bigsmile::laugh::bigsmile::laugh::bigsmile:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • future_rockstar
    future_rockstar Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Just playing catch up - 54.5/75 miles done
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    02/20 - 3.9 mile walk

exercise.png
  • scarfe9991
    scarfe9991 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    3 mile walk today

exercise.png
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,283 Member
    Options
    Dean - I love your owl! We had a lot of them in our neighborhood...then they finished building all the houses. :cry:

Dave - Nice job on the spread sheet! I'm still in green!! I love it!! Glad you're back and feeling better.

I have 2.81 for yesterday and 10.30 for today...with 20,096 steps so far!

exercise.png

It's been a good day. Hope everyone has a great Friday!

Chris
  • Pang29pang
    Pang29pang Posts: 103 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,315 Member
    Options
    Hi. I only have 3 miles to hit my February goal. I just had dental surgery Tuesday night and I am not supposed to exercise or "Move My @ss" for a few days. Please do not kick me out of this wonderful group.

Stacey

Stacey - Don't sweat it. We don't kick people out for that kind of stuff. Everyone needs time off from time to time. Life is full of crystal balls, rubber balls and nerf balls. How you juggle those makes all the difference in the world. Your health is a crystal ball and can't afford to be dropped. Exercise is a rubber ball and can on occasion be dropped. Just pick it back up when it bounces back. Some things in life are nerf balls like concert you wanted to go to. It would be nice if you could keep juggling them but it's no big deal if they fall and roll away. So, take care of that crystal ball and start up again when you can. :smile: :smile: :smile:

DEAN, first of all, thank you so much for responding to Stacey! I saw her message earlier when I was updating but just didn't have time to respond right then so I really super appreciate it! And secondly, love the analogy! Haven't ever heard the "drop the ball" or "juggling" ever described quite like that! Most excellent. :drinker::drinker:

But yes, STACEY...please don't be concerned we might boot you. Not. Gonna. Happen. I'm THRILLED to hear you're enjoying this challenge and it's working for you! I love hearing when people find it beneficial!! :flowerforyou:

Dave
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,354 Member
    Options
    Feb. 20: 10 miles Walking, running and elliptical

TTD: 211 miles

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    ===========================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

To view (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet, copy the following
    address into your browser:

** NOTE NEW ADDRESS BELOW!**

http://www.tinyurl.com/myac201402
    ===========================

Well, hope everyone is managing the spreadsheet transition just fine..... :blushing:

We're getting the mother of all snowstorms today. I can't believe we're getting *MORE SNOW*. We're running out of places to put it all!!! I can no longer see out of my windows in my apartment! I'm starting to feel a little like Jack Nicholson in The Shining! :laugh::laugh:

I managed to get a 1.1 mile walk in at work this afternoon right as the rain was turning to snow and starting to get super slick. I managed to finish without doing a digger into the pavement in front of all the windows of the office. :laugh:

Yes...I am at the point of resigning myself to laughing at the weather. It's really not going to do any good whatsoever to complain or get mad about it. *shrug* It is what it is. Besides, it kinda takes me back to when I was a little kid and how much I loved winter and playing in the snow. I still like it quite a bit....and I still enjoy playing in it too. But it won't be much longer and I'm going to start yearning to throw a leg over my Harley and hit the road and then the snow must go. Right now, I just hope that happens before August. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hope you're all doing well. :flowerforyou:

Dave
    rI85m6.png
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    11.02 miles for today

exercise.png

sufferlandrian...nice analogy. it really made me think of how I've been prioritizing things lately
  • darkrider42
    Options
    SPECIAL GROUP ACHIEVEMENT ALERT!!!!

HEY!!!! I just noticed something cool that we've never ever been close to accomplishing before!!! Last month we set a new ALL-TIME record for "% of Target Reached"!!!! We achieved 104.5% or 219 more miles in the month of January than were pledged!!!

You all ROCK!!!! :drinker::drinker::drinker:

Dave
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    2/21: 1.75 miles

27.69/48

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Needed the sleep last night, so I decided to wait and post this morning. Added 5 miles yesterday. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Looks like my short term goal is to get into the blue again :blushing: Oh Well :laugh:

February total 32.5 miles

exercise.png
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    adding 3 :)

exercise.png
  • Mermaid_Out_of_Water
    Options

Stacey

Thanks, It's been a rough couple of days. I am getting stir crazy around here. I loved the ball analogy. I have never heard it put in such a way. It did made me :happy: smile so I thank you for that.

Stacey
  • queenegreene
    queenegreene Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    2/20 - 3.5 miles walking
    Total to date: 83.25 of 106.75
  • Mermaid_Out_of_Water
    Options

Stacey

DEAN, first of all, thank you so much for responding to Stacey! I saw her message earlier when I was updating but just didn't have time to respond right then so I really super appreciate it! And secondly, love the analogy! Haven't ever heard the "drop the ball" or "juggling" ever described quite like that! Most excellent. :drinker::drinker:

But yes, STACEY...please don't be concerned we might boot you. Not. Gonna. Happen. I'm THRILLED to hear you're enjoying this challenge and it's working for you! I love hearing when people find it beneficial!! :flowerforyou:

Dave

Shewwwww, that takes a load off of my mind. I was doing so good in posting and exercising everyday. I love this group.:love: The people are amazing and it keeps me accountable, not only to myself, but to my group as well.:bigsmile:

Stacey
  • Mermaid_Out_of_Water
    Options
    2/18 ~ Dental Surgery Day
    Still Managed to get 0.44 of a mile walked (says my pedometer)
    2.5 miles to go

2/19 + 2/20 ~ didn't wear pedometer. Couch Surfed all day :cry:

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.