Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! So happy to have you a part of this group. You are in the right place. Give yourself a pat on the back for reaching the two week goal. It is so important to set short term goals that you know you can attain and then those long term goals are right within reach. I think you have a realistic goal in mind and you are more than capable of reaching it. Tell me about what your day consists of? What do your workouts consist of?

My day consists of pretty much sitting a desk in front of the computer during the day at work. As for my workouts they are a 30 minute kickboxing circuit which I try to do a minimum of 3 times a week. This week my goal is to go 4 times.
  • Julie20fan
    Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome Melissa! So happy to have you a part of this group. You are in the right place. Give yourself a pat on the back for reaching the two week goal. It is so important to set short term goals that you know you can attain and then those long term goals are right within reach. I think you have a realistic goal in mind and you are more than capable of reaching it. Tell me about what your day consists of? What do your workouts consist of?

My day consists of pretty much sitting a desk in front of the computer during the day at work. As for my workouts they are a 30 minute kickboxing circuit which I try to do a minimum of 3 times a week. This week my goal is to go 4 times.

Great goal to reach for this week. You can do it.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Julie,

Thanks for starting this group.

My name is Amy and I have tried so many fad/yoyo diets in the past that haven't worked. I'm doing the Gold's Gym 12 Week Challenge because I am competitive and I think the challenge will give me a great 12 week start to the rest of my life.

I recently read a book called "You're a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Live an Awesome Life" by Jen Sincero. I'm not a big reader of self-help books and I think this book is totally different because it is comical and Jen is a straight shooter. I highly recommend it to anyone who has some area of their life that they wish they could change. More than anything else, the book helped me look at the big picture instead of the small battles.

This time is different because my head is in it. I look forward to meeting everyone and holding you accountable. I hope you'll do the same for me.

Amy~

How have you been doing this week with your nutrition and workouts?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kim, I'm 36 and a mother to 3 amazing kids. I have been dieting for just over a year and lost about 118lbs so far. However, the last 3 months I seem to lose and re-gain the same couple pounds. It's like I got complacent with where I am. Yes, I do look and feel better than before, but I am still overweight. I would like to lose another 80lbs. I seem to do great for a few days, then slide back to a maintenance type way of eating. So, I'm setting a new goal of 10lbs a month. My husband and I plan to celebrate our 15 year wedding anniversary in Cancun this July. I desperately want to look and feel much better in my swimsuit while lounging on the beach.

I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you and supporting each of us in our goals to get healthy!

Hey Kim~ How is your week going for you so far?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hello my name is Tracie and I will be 50 years old this year- ugh - that's the first time I have written that. Looking to lose 12 lbs by April and another 12 by June. I always start out good and then fall back to old habits. I am going to commit to working out at least 180 minutes a week and get in the habit of logging EVERYTHING. Good luck to everyone!

Hey Tracie~

How was your week last week?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hi there.... I'm Kelsey, 22. I live in a small town in Maryland where everybody pretty much knows everybody! Trying to lose some extra weight and get fit and healthy in the process. I always seem to start off really good, get in a couple of weeks and then I get off track. I NEED somebody to be on top of me all the time about what I'm eating and did I go to the gym. I'm always super busy so I eat out all the time. I'm trying to get better at that, but its still a work in progress.

Ready for a change!

Hey Kelsey~

How is everything going for you?