Introductions

Options
caradae
caradae Posts: 743 Member
Hi! Welcome to the Ultimate Accountability Challenge. We've been running since June of 2013 and plan to continue running for a long time. The UAC is a tough challenge, but it can work if you're willing to work it. We've got a strong core of participants who keep each other motivated, and I hope you'll join them this month.

Many, many thanks to Jagreene62 for all her help running this challenge, and to everyone else who keeps this challenge going. You are why this challenge works.

Newbies and veterans, please let us know a little bit about yourselves and where you're at.

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Judy. I have participated in UAC since October. It REALLY works!! I have exercised EVERY DAY since starting this challenge and have been able to maintain my goal weight for three months!! It's not easy, but it is so do-able and so rewarding in the end!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Good Luck and let's Get-R-Done!!! :drinker:
    Judy from Florida
  • advocaresuperstar
    advocaresuperstar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes!! Very excited for this group!! I have already lost 10 pounds and 14 inches since the first of the year. I'm currently doing Shaun T's T25 program, the Couch to 5k program every other day, and I'm starting the Little Black Dress challenge tomorrow!!

I need a challenge like this to keep me on track. I love how it is so strict...that's what I need.

Let's get it, people!!
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Julie and I'm back for another try - hopefully it will be 3rd time lucky!

A Christmas party was my downfall on the 14th December and mindless eating got me on the 25th January - gutted to get so close but February is a short month, it might work in my favour :wink:

Good luck everyone!
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm Kathy and I'm back to try again. Last month was my first time and I lost out because of no exercise one day. Now that I've hit my first plateau (the same weight for 7 days! Ugh.) I really need the accountability. Thanks for inviting me back!
  • crisachristy
    crisachristy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm Christie. I just stumbled on the group challenge while logging my banana this morning! Yay me!

I have lost 43 lbs and counting. I am currently in training to run another half marathon and probably more to come. I welcome the accountability to keep me motivated not only to log my food but to log my runs.

Feel free to add me. I like new friends!

Good Luck Ladies!
  • advocaresuperstar
    advocaresuperstar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

I'm Christie. I just stumbled on the group challenge while logging my banana this morning! Yay me!

I have lost 43 lbs and counting. I am currently in training to run another half marathon and probably more to come. I welcome the accountability to keep me motivated not only to log my food but to log my runs.

Feel free to add me. I like new friends!

Good Luck Ladies!

I totally added you. Runners unite!! LOL Not that i'm quite the runner you are. Training for a 5k though...it's a start :)
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kelly and my first challenge on MFP was the UAC January 2014 challenge and it's been just that, a challenge. This is a great motivator for me to start the new year off great. I've not lost more than a pound this month, but my clothes are definitely a little looser than they were 31 days ago. Good luck everyone in February!
  • wren1430
    wren1430 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello there!

Sue from COLD MN : )

I have been on MFP for a while but this year I am determined to lose some weight
    so I wil lbe accountable and log my food and exercise!
    Over 50 , past menupause and a sit at the desk job = gain weight
    but no more excuses
    I have realized to lose you got to move!
  • wren1430
    wren1430 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    ps I hope I do this right when I reply to the group
    if not someone let me know : )

Feb1 2014
    Exercised?: (Yes or No)
    Calories?: (Yes or No)
    Tracked?: (Yes or No)
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have never been able to finish this challenge, but I am hoping for Feb. to be different! The rules of this challenge are simple... that simple/strict way is the best way for me to get motivated to do something. I have been doing strict elimination diet the last few months due to having autoimmune disease (SLE/lupus). It's really helping me feel better. Now if only I can follow a routine with my lifestyle in terms of exercise- then I get do this! I'm also a mother of a 17-month old girl and I work full time and her daddy stays home. That makes me spend every second that I can when I am home with my baby... after 8 PM I have time and I could exercise...also the morning before I leave for work... I definitely have options! There's no reason why I can't complete this challenge...I just can't let myself stand in my way :)
  • sammyf92
    sammyf92 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hello All,

I'm Sam and I am excited for this strict challenge for me!! I have recently lost 15 lbs with diet and now am ready to up my commitment to some form of fitness / exercise every day! I still have another 15 - 20 lb to go, but the final destination isn't about the number on the scale, it's about the fitness level that I feel comfortable at. My goal is to be healthy and strong. Also, I am striving to learn more about nutrition so the whole journey to health and fitness can be easily served up to my family! Look forward to seeing everyone at the end of the challenge!! Thank you!
  • kcris93
    kcris93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm kc, I tried this challenge once before and going to do my best to make it through the entire month. I'll be starting Turbo Jam and C25k on Monday. Aiming to drop at least 8lbs in February.
    If anyone wants to add me feel free :)
  • KatM2014
    KatM2014 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! This is a first time for me - but it looks like an amazing challenge to be part of! I'm Kat, I'm 24 and I live in Scotland. I've been floating around the 130-135 mark for a few months now, so I want to give myself a good kick in the rear to get to where I want to be.

Good luck everyone!!
  • kelleybean1
    kelleybean1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi, second round for me. I got kicked out about mid-way last month ;-) I have some big challenges this month. Both of my kids have birthdays (cake) and I'll be making a trip home to visit Mom. My daily goal is at least 10K steps and burn 500cals more than I eat each day. I wear a BodyMedia armband, so I can keep track of how much I can eat and still make my goal.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have been doing this challenge for a few months and fell off the wagon once..December...
    With the help of this challenge I have been able to lose a total of 32lbs since September and plan on sticking with the group for the next 20lb.

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to seeing you all through out the month :)
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    ps I hope I do this right when I reply to the group
    if not someone let me know : )

Feb1 2014
    Exercised?: (Yes or No)
    Calories?: (Yes or No)
    Tracked?: (Yes or No)

Yes, Sue....each day Caradae will list the questions with the date. You can copy and paste the questions and answer either YES or NO to each question. Hopefully YES!!!
  • Soritaia
    Soritaia Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey
    I took part in the January challenge but went out about 2 weeks in after i caught the flu. this month im hoping i can make it!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,398 Member
    Options
    I am so in for as another month yay! Tonight I will introduce myself!
  • grillnchill
    grillnchill Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Hola!

I'm KB, I completed November's challenge and now I'm back to put February in my pocket.

Good luck to everyone, take it one day at a time! We got this!!!
  • Kaytee86
    Kaytee86 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm Kaytee. I saw this challenge a long time ago, but had only discovered it half way through a month. Then forgot about it and myfitnesspal for awhile. So now I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Over January, I had really strong intentions to do my best, but got sidetracked by stress and lack of self control. I'm hoping this group will really help me stay strong and motivated.