Introductions

Options

Replies

• zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Hi again - everyone calls me zacks.

Tried this challenge in January and only made it to day 8. But i am on a roll with my fitbit and generally log 6 to 7 miles a day. I mall walk a lot!! I am very excited to make it all the way to the finish this time!!
  • pixiesgreene
    pixiesgreene Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just stumbled across this challenge because it's showing up in new groups! Hoping doing the challenge can help me, because when I'm on the ball I'm doing fine with logging and exercise, but when I - hate this phrase - "fall off the wagon", I usually stay away for days or weeks and undo all my hard work!
  • katezweber
    Options
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Sue. A friend on MFP joined this challenge and mentioned it in her post so I thought I would check it out too. This is my first time participating in UAC and I am motivated to do this challenge. 2014 is the year I will be fit and healthy and would like to be at my goal weight of 190 lbs by the end of June this year. I have about 30 lbs to go and it is doable especially if I have some help being accountable. I am a little concerned since I will be travelling to Rankin Inlet, Nunavut in mid-February where there is no gym equipment in the hotel I will be staying in, but I plan to design my own workouts and keep with the challenge through this time. I am ready and excited for this challenge????
  • karryann2008
    Options
    Hi, this is my first month of UAC

Good luck everyone:smile:
  • anu_active
    anu_active Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am Anu and I live in the Netherlands. I am doing P90X3 but I need more accountability with my calorie intake so this challenge is perfect for me. It is my first attempt at UAC.
    Good to us all!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Joy and this is my first time in this challenge. I am 42 live in the Uk and have 3 kids with special needs. I work full time and work a lot of night shifts. I am a bit of a fitness addict. I am currently doing focus T25 and training for a half marathon. I follow the paleo lifestyle so don't eat any dairy, grains or legumes. I also avoid artificial additives, preservatives and sweeteners. I have fibromyalgia and this way of eating keeps it under control. Looking forward to this challenge.
  • BelgianBelle
    Options
    Hello! This will be the first time I've ever participated in a challenge group on MFP and I am hoping it will help me with the extra motivation I need to shift the last 20 pounds I've been struggling with for several years. I'm 47, live in Belgium, am married and a mother to three teenage boys. I belong to a gym where I workout 3x/week, I also do a yoga class 2x/week, and I enjoy long hikes on the weekend. I also use walking or biking for transportation as we live in a medium size city with everything close by.

My biggest challenge will be sticking to my daily calorie count and logging all my food, but I know this is the one thing that is standing in the way of getting to my goal.

Good luck to everyone! :bigsmile:
  • Zoe9563
    Options
    Hello all,

I am Zoe 32 from the UK. This is the first challenge I have joined and hope this will keep me motivated and accountable.
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hello, this is just what I need to stay accountable for exercising.
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hello: My name is Pauline and this is my first trial at this challenge. I have already lost a fair bit of weight but had surgery last year and three months recovery and bad food choices I picked up 15kg- scarey how fast the kilos go on and I have worked too hard to let it slip further. I am using my "before" profile picture until I get the 15kg off to remind me of why I want to make healthy choices.

I live in Australia so my day starts about 12 hours ahead of most of yours. If you see my post when your day has just begun that is the reason!

Good luck everyone. Here's to a Fit Fab Feb!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Lulu and I'm fresh off a successful Jan challenge. This is the perfect challenge for me and I've managed to complete 2 of the last 3 months and lost about 20 lbs during those months.

Good luck everyone!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone!
    I'm looking forward to this month's challenge.

Thanks, caradae for keeping it going!
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    WOWZERS and WELCOME EVERYONE,

It's so good to see so many new faces and "old" ones too!! :laugh: This is going to be a Fab-YOU-lous month for all of you!!

Now let's get Movin' and Losin' immediately!! :drinker:
  • fitforfifty
    fitforfifty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This is just what I needed! I decided in the next two months I need to turn things around. Got back on mfp this morning and found this group! perfect! We're planning a trip to Australia and I don't want to travel when I'm not at my best. I don't have a goal weight so loved that this challenge wasn't about weight, but about behavior changes! I love strict, but hope that I can do it. thanks for the opportunity! I want this to be what will get me going. I'm in the middle of losing my period (hopefully menopause is around the corner!), but with mid-life has come the lack of willpower? desire? ability? to stick to a healthy eating plan, hoping this challenge will get me that spark back.
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I am ready to give this a try again. I did great for the first three days in January. I think I can do better this month!
  • klymt918
    klymt918 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello!! New to this group!!

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant, my goal at the moment is to maintain until baby is born, therefore my daily budget is 2000 calories. I had a fantastic January!! I logged every day, for 31 days, which I had been unable to do in the entire year that I have been using MFP. In those 31 days I only went over my budget 3x, and by no more than 200 calories. My ultimate goal and hope for this month is that I can successfully incorporate the 20 minutes of physical activity into my daily routine, it will make for an easy transition to the gym on a consistent basis once baby is born.

Feel free to add me, I log and measure everything that I eat!! I usually have between 5 and 6 meals everyday, and I am just starting to balance my macros, 40/30/30. Excited for this challenge!!
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Rachel Adams. I'm a former military wife and mom to an active 7 year old and to one little angel. I am trying to lose weight to better help my PCOS and so far from the last few challenges I have lost 13 lbs. total and hope to keep losing! I enjoy the whole accountability challenge because it keeps me straight and I try to stay under my calorie needs but not too much under...which doesn't seem to happen alot I'm usually wayyyyyy under. I have won 3 challenges in a row which made me feel good cos all the checking made more conscious about my water in take and exercises. Remember it takes 21-30 days to learn a new habit.

I hope to see more faces and if at all possible try to get the mini challenges in if you can, it will help with burning extra calories.

Another good tip is find an app if you can that will tell you what you have to do burn the calories of junk food/high calorie foods...it might help you in putting those foods down and picking up better eating habits too!
  • jmom376
    jmom376 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am Pam. I successfully finished the challenge in October, tried November and made it until the last week (Thanksgiving) and then took off the last 2 months. I am ready to get back on track again and this challenge really helps me stay focused. Good luck to everyone and remember to do the best you can do each day.
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Beverley. I've tried this challenge and never able to complete it. I'm not making any promises, but striving for my best this month.

Good luck to you all:-)