Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    It's going well. Usually Sunday is my rest day, but I wound up running/jogging/walking 5k to be true to this challenge. Fortunately the weather cooperated.

Before this challenge weekends were my days off too....NOT ANY MORE!! :bigsmile:
  • fitforfifty
    fitforfifty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to get going for two years, but this challenge has kickstarted something in me. I know watching the Biggest Loser they promote a support group, but I never thought I needed it. Even though I don't know any of you personally, just the idea that I have to check in has been a great motivator. There is still that 1 percent of me that is waiting for me to fail. Why is that? Probably because I've been trying to eat nutritiously for the past two years, but haven't had the motivation. I just need to lose 10 pounds to get to a healthy weight. I think that unhealthy eating gives you diabetes of the brain because when I eat healthy, I feel amazing no matter what the scale says! good luck everyone. I need you! Keep motivated and sharing your stories :)
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I have not been able to get going for two years, but this challenge has kickstarted something in me. I know watching the Biggest Loser they promote a support group, but I never thought I needed it. Even though I don't know any of you personally, just the idea that I have to check in has been a great motivator. There is still that 1 percent of me that is waiting for me to fail. Why is that? Probably because I've been trying to eat nutritiously for the past two years, but haven't had the motivation. I just need to lose 10 pounds to get to a healthy weight. I think that unhealthy eating gives you diabetes of the brain because when I eat healthy, I feel amazing no matter what the scale says! good luck everyone. I need you! Keep motivated and sharing your stories :)

YOU HAVE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!! :bigsmile: Love the diabetes of the brain comment!! :laugh:
  • hairfox52
    hairfox52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yesterday , was such a challenge for me and it was only day 4. The stress was undeniable not to mention I'm a jaw clencher and by the end of the day my mouth hurt really bad:mad: . I am an emotional eater and at 52 still have not conquered the difference between food and love? I knew I didn't eat enough during the day and most of my calories were eaten after 6 which I know isn't good. I wanted something crunchy and stopped at Publix and picked up some lowfat milk and the individual portions of 100 calorie pretzels. I will share that I would have normally bought a 20oz coke and big bag of chips and ate it ALL. I will also share that even when I purchase the single serve box of 6 I would eat every bag at once. BUT I DIDN'T!!:happy: i had a glass of milk and only one bag. I know it doesn't seem like much but for me this was one of those little victories that have me looking forward!! FINALLY.

I'm so thankful to be part of this challenge....if anyone has something to share I would love to hear from you!!!

Feeling good today!!
    Connie:wink:
  • agingwithfitness
    agingwithfitness Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Connie I have a hard time with wanting to eat at night too and getting cravings, I bought some turkey meat and have a piece or two at night if i get a bad craving and it seems to help with cravings and I drink a lot of herbal tea at night and take a hot bath so I am not watching tv with food commercials.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Looks like everyone is doing amazing.
    Everyone keep up the great work.
    I'd love a few new friends from this group if anyone would like to send me a friend request.
    Glenda.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I've lasted this long... 5 days! Really, I am super proud of myself for being in this still. I am doing something harder, though. I'm following It Starts With Food and eating stict paleo... and even stricter than that because I am following the autoimmune protocol due to having SLE (lupus). Ever since I was diagnosed in 2011 i've wanted to implement an anti-inflammatory diet that will help me live as healthy and pain free as possible. And since I started eating paleo in July 2013, I've had time to practice and February is the first month I am attempting the autoimmune protocol. It's tough but it's amazing to feel like I can pass up ANYTHING- sweets, peanut butter, chocolate. I feel on top of the world. Finally this accountability challenge doesn't feel that tough anymore! :) I look forward to adding things back in and seeing how my body reacts...but for now, goodbye sugar addiction! Goodbye old self that couldn't pass up pizza or ice cream! wahoo!
  • hairfox52
    Options
    Hey, thanks so much for the tips and support! It's always nice to know you're not alone!:smile:
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    YES! finally got off that plateau and I am now finally under 270 for the first time in years. 269.2lbs
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    YES! finally got off that plateau and I am now finally under 270 for the first time in years. 269.2lbs

:love: Happy Dance :love: AWESOME NEWS!!! So glad you are over that dreaded plateau....I know how irritating that can ben!!! YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY NOW!! :bigsmile:
  • fitforfifty
    Options
    Great job! You should feel proud. We can do this challenge!
  • fitforfifty
    Options

I am so proud of you! That is amazing. You are doing this, way to go!
  • MercyOxendine
    Options
    Thank You!
  • MercyOxendine
    Options
    Thank You! yes we can!
  • HealthyWiaaam
    Options

Congratulations :D Keep going! :D

As for me, I feel better than ever ^^! Seriously, tracking the food and really be careful because of this challenge makes me rethink my way of eating. I am more conscious of what I eat and I am more focus on my exercises.
  • Jagreene62
    Options

Congratulations :D Keep going! :D

As for me, I feel better than ever ^^! Seriously, tracking the food and really be careful because of this challenge makes me rethink my way of eating. I am more conscious of what I eat and I am more focus on my exercises.

With that attitude YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!! :drinker:
  • HealthyWiaaam
    Options
    With that attitude YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!! :drinker:

Thank you! :drinker:
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    February is proving to be a bit more challenging for me than January and I'm not sure why. I'm not giving up and will push forward.
  • hairfox52
    Options
    Well this is my first UAC and at the near conclusion of week one lost 3.5lbs!!!:bigsmile:

I'm so greatfull and excited how many words of encouragement I have received. Even reading some of the posts others write has inspired and motivated me to push forward. I'm not feeling very well today but wanted to celebrate with my challenge friends and say.......

"WE CAN DO ANYTHING FOR 30 DAYS!!!!

Connie
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options

Fantastic! I am dreading hitting a plateau but you give me hope :flowerforyou: