Participant Updates

Options

Replies

• Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    Well this is my first UAC and at the near conclusion of week one lost 3.5lbs!!!:bigsmile:

I'm so greatfull and excited how many words of encouragement I have received. Even reading some of the posts others write has inspired and motivated me to push forward. I'm not feeling very well today but wanted to celebrate with my challenge friends and say.......

"WE CAN DO ANYTHING FOR 30 DAYS!!!!

Connie

:bigsmile: AWESOME LOSS!! But, let point one good thing out....Feb only has 28 days!! WHOOP WHOOP!! :drinker: Only 21 left!!
  • runner115
    runner115 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    congrats Hairfox on 3.5 lbs! That's great!!

I still can't bring myself to step on the scale but I know I need to. I'm hoping to stay in UAC til the end of the month and weigh in on March 1st...thinking maybe I will take measurements Sunday or Monday morning for the next three weeks so at least I will have something to track my progress...

Otherwise I'm feeling good overall...my family was my bigger challenge last night...my husband brought home pizza for dinner and the kids made oreo truffles - yummo!!! somehow I managed to find the willpower not to get too carried away.

Have a great weekend everyone. :happy:
  • HealthyWiaaam
    Options
    Today I weight myself and I have lost 1 kg (about 2.2lbs) since last week :D I am very happy, it is more than expected!
    The UAC plays a big part in this weight loss because without it, it would be too easy for me to skip a day of exercises or to eat too much and say "Oh, we'll see tomorrow!".

I hope your journey with this challenge is fine :D Keep going! :)
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Today I weight myself and I have lost 1 kg (about 2.2lbs) since last week :D I am very happy, it is more than expected!
    The UAC plays a big part in this weight loss because without it, it would be too easy for me to skip a day of exercises or to eat too much and say "Oh, we'll see tomorrow!".

I hope your journey with this challenge is fine :D Keep going! :)

You are welcome...however YOU are the one doing all the work!! CONGRATS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Suezyq47
    Suezyq47 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Great so far, I lost 4lbs this past week! Hoping to get under 220 lbs this upcoming week???? It might be difficult this week since I will be way from home 3 days travelling for work.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Great so far, I lost 4lbs this past week! Hoping to get under 220 lbs this upcoming week???? It might be difficult this week since I will be way from home 3 days travelling for work.

:flowerforyou: AMAZING LOSS!! :flowerforyou:

Don't worry too much about the travel days. Just try to move a little more and make the best food options available. YOU CAN DO IT!! :drinker:
  • fitforfifty
    fitforfifty Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful for this challenge it's lit a spark that I haven't had for over two years :) When I feel like eating I try to find something else to keep me busy so I don't think about food because I don't want the extra calories because I want to keep within my calorie goal. Had a hard time getting motivated to exercise today, but grabbed the weights and lifted while watching the Olympics
  • hairfox52
    hairfox52 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Well, it's the 11th and I'm still here. I live in Atlanta and bracing for yet another few days of awful weather. Interestingly enough I went to the store and the things I picked up were much different than what I had on had a few weeks ago. Instead of bread, cookies, chips and soda I came home with a harvest nut mix ( I have already portioned to single serving) almond butter, wasa crisp bread, lots of fresh fruit /veggies and some gatorade.:drinker: Since we are closed today I have decided to step up the cardio the next few days to keep my spirits up. :wink:

I just read this and it still astounds me! I hope everyone else is doing well.:bigsmile: I can't believe how much better I'm feeling the last few days!
  • slacker75
    slacker75 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. I like having some accountabitliy. It's been a February so far, but finding 20 mins a day to exercise so I don't get kicked out of the group has been easier than i thought. I'm hoping by the end of february - exercise & logging will be a habit for me...
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    I'm grateful for this challenge it's lit a spark that I haven't had for over two years :) When I feel like eating I try to find something else to keep me busy so I don't think about food because I don't want the extra calories because I want to keep within my calorie goal. Had a hard time getting motivated to exercise today, but grabbed the weights and lifted while watching the Olympics

GREAT IDEA!! I used to think how awesome it would be if we could only watch tv if we were doing something (walking, riding a bike, elliptical, etc.).
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Well, it's the 11th and I'm still here. I live in Atlanta and bracing for yet another few days of awful weather. Interestingly enough I went to the store and the things I picked up were much different than what I had on had a few weeks ago. Instead of bread, cookies, chips and soda I came home with a harvest nut mix ( I have already portioned to single serving) almond butter, wasa crisp bread, lots of fresh fruit /veggies and some gatorade.:drinker: Since we are closed today I have decided to step up the cardio the next few days to keep my spirits up. :wink:

I just read this and it still astounds me! I hope everyone else is doing well.:bigsmile: I can't believe how much better I'm feeling the last few days!

Fab-YOU-lous!!! You are learning the right way to take care of YOU!! :love:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I love this challenge. I like having some accountabitliy. It's been a February so far, but finding 20 mins a day to exercise so I don't get kicked out of the group has been easier than i thought. I'm hoping by the end of february - exercise & logging will be a habit for me...

It will!! BUT.....if you want to keep it going, we will be here for March!! You are doing GREAT!! Stay focused!! Stay strong!! NEVER GIVE UP ON YOU!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    I'm either going to eat cookies or elliptical. I know my friend wouldn't want me to eat cookies in her honor, but I have a rule against drinking tequila alone. I feel like this is important or a turning point, how am I going to handle this moment on one of the worst day of my life?
  • HealthyWiaaam
    Options
    Today was really a hard day because I am an emotional eater and when I have too much emotions (I don't know how to say that), I crave for "comfort" food. Since a few days I saw it coming (each day I ate a couple of croissants more).

Today I felt really happy because everything was well (my diet, my studies...) so I just craved for some comfort food. When I feel too happy, I become too confident and I just don't care about anything : I just want to feel extremely good.
    All the day I thought about food, it was terrible. I ended eating a whole pizza and drinking half a big bottle of soda. I wanted to eat some chips also but instead I came here, I tracked my food and I saw it already costed me 1000 calories.
    Eating that food really makes me feel depressed and a bit sick. I just wanted to do nothing and be a "couch potato". In the evening, my boyfriend and my mother cheer me up so I decide not to give up and to do my exercises!

I feel better now and I am glad I am still in the challenge. I hope tomorrow will be a better day ^^!
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I'm either going to eat cookies or elliptical. I know my friend wouldn't want me to eat cookies in her honor, but I have a rule against drinking tequila alone. I feel like this is important or a turning point, how am I going to handle this moment on one of the worst day of my life?

:cry: So sorry for what you are going through. Stay strong and try to hang in there. You know there is a third option.....have a little cookie, a little alcohol, and a lot of elliptical!!! This will get better, I PROMISE!!! :heart:
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    Today was really a hard day because I am an emotional eater and when I have too much emotions (I don't know how to say that), I crave for "comfort" food. Since a few days I saw it coming (each day I ate a couple of croissants more).

Today I felt really happy because everything was well (my diet, my studies...) so I just craved for some comfort food. When I feel too happy, I become too confident and I just don't care about anything : I just want to feel extremely good.
    All the day I thought about food, it was terrible. I ended eating a whole pizza and drinking half a big bottle of soda. I wanted to eat some chips also but instead I came here, I tracked my food and I saw it already costed me 1000 calories.
    Eating that food really makes me feel depressed and a bit sick. I just wanted to do nothing and be a "couch potato". In the evening, my boyfriend and my mother cheer me up so I decide not to give up and to do my exercises!

I feel better now and I am glad I am still in the challenge. I hope tomorrow will be a better day ^^!

:flowerforyou: You should be soooooo proud that you stopped before the chips!!! That's a HUGE step!! I KNOW that emotional eating can get out of control very quickly!! It's a vicious cycle....eat because you're depressed which makes you more depressed so you eat more......repeat....repeat!!! We are always here for you....DON'T GIVE UP ON YOU~~~~WE WON'T!! :drinker:
  • pcotter54
    pcotter54 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Doing OK here, hunkered down in the DC suburbs, waiting for snow. Had a horrible day, food-wise, but it balanced out calorie-wise because I went for a nice long hike-- trying to get a bit of time outdoors before this storm comes.

Good luck to the Atlanta poster with the weather, and good luck to all of us hanging in here on the UAC!
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I got busy and completely forgot to log in within three days. (I'm sorry!) I hope to see you all next month.
  • Jagreene62
    Options
    I got busy and completely forgot to log in within three days. (I'm sorry!) I hope to see you all next month.

Did you post this on the daily post as well? Keep it going on your own and get ready for March!! :drinker:
  • nigelwood3
    Options
    Today I weighted myself and despite being good all week I lost only a pound. That sucks. Its 23:28 here and I'm under my calories but I'm demotivated and I don't want to exercise.

You know what though I'm going to. i'll be dammed if a disappointing day is going make me miss this challenge