What are your stats? Prior and now

Options

Replies

• littlefoot612
    littlefoot612 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christine, 58 yr old female. Had RNY in Guelph Canada on Dec 15 2016, so 3 months post op this week.

Height 5'1
    Highest weight 274.8 lbs
    Surgery weight 239 lbs
    Current weight (yesterday) 201 lbs
    Goal weight 150ish lbs

Was 22 to 26 pants
    2x to 3x top
    Now 16 petite pants and large top
  • metalmaiden63217
    metalmaiden63217 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    RnY 5/25/16
    HW 323.6
    Sw 285
    CW 178
    5'7"
    Size 26 pants and XXL shirts
    Now 14 pants and M shirts
    Ring size 6.5 to a 5
    Shoe size 10 to 8.5
    30 yrs old
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm Valerie, I am 31 with two small children. I have recently had Thyroid removal surgery and was advised by my doctor to consider weight loss surgery. I just started my pre-op journey. I am hoping to have the surgery in late September early October.

Height: 5'11"
    HW: 375 (4/2012)
    Consult Weight: 327 (3/28/17)
    CW: 316.6
    GW: 190

I wear a size 26/28 in pants, and a 3 or 4x in tops.
    Shoes size 11
    Ring size 8 1/2

I am currently in search of a support group and friends because none of my family or friends support my decision to have weight loss surgery. It has been tough going through all this excitement alone.
  • Elyseinchi
    Elyseinchi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!
    Tdigell1 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Tina, from northern Illinois. Vertical sleeve date Aug 31st, 2016. Start weight was 300lbs. Six months out . Today I weighed 205 lbs.. I was so excited to see that number. I'm 5 lbs from Onederland.. yeah..

• NicoleL874
    NicoleL874 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Tdigell1 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Tina, from northern Illinois. Vertical sleeve date Aug 31st, 2016. Start weight was 300lbs. Six months out . Today I weighed 205 lbs.. I was so excited to see that number. I'm 5 lbs from Onederland.. yeah..
    @Tdigell1 Where in IL? I'm in Fox Lake, I went through Centegra!
  • sunshinetami
    sunshinetami Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 399
    Shirt size: 4X
    Pants size: 4X (I'd outgrown the size 32 that was available at Catherine's and refused to order online or have pants tailored)
    10 shoe.

Current:
    Between 182-185.
    Shirt: M
    Pants: 10
    9.5 shoe

4.5 years out from Garstric Bypass
    19 months post baby

Awesome topic! Love it :heart:

That is very inspiring. My beginning weight and height is similar to yours and losing so much weight is overwhelming. I am still working on getting off the initial weight loss before they will schedule my bypass.
  • xxCelestexx
    xxCelestexx Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Celeste
    I was sleeved on 4/17/17
    Starting weight and highest weight: 375lbs
    Currently:375 lbs
    I am looking to find more friends on here going through bariatric surgery.
  • juicykeywee
    juicykeywee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I had the sleeve October 2013
    Highest weight 297
    size 22-24
    Down to 217
    size 14
    back up to 240
    size 16-18
    I am currently on a pouch shrinking mission. Looking for friends who have went through gaining back some weight to get some direction on how to keep focused. I do not want another surgery!
  • Mandy_1982
    Mandy_1982 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I forgot to put in my post:

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I would love to see your progress and offer my support! I think we all need each other before and after surgery!
  • Xoelle80
    Xoelle80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! my name is Cavelle from Toronto Canada and new to the group.

Prior to surgery:
    Weight: 290
    Shirt size: 3x
    Pants size: 2x - 3x
    9 - 9.5 shoe.

Current:
    270.6 lbs
    Shirt: upto 3x
    Pants: 3x
    9.5 shoe

Started orientation February 2017. Managing Chronic Depression + Mood Disorder. Ready for the next stage in my life.

xo, C.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Hey im claire and im in the uk

I had RNY in january 2014

Start weight 387lb
    Height 5ft 1.8
    Dress size uk 32

Current weight 248lb
    Height 5ft 2.2 - thats right im taller now that all that weights not bending my spine as much
    Dress size uk 18-20

I have had some regain after a horrendous pregnancy, extremely premature birth and developing hypoglycaemia

I went from barely walking with a stick in pain to being able to hike and jog. Im still in constant pain but am finally being taken seriously instead of just being told im fat
  • tmcj1971
    tmcj1971 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Tina

I am a 45 year old female from Canada. I had sleeve surgery on Oct 10 2016. And 7 months out I am down 103 pounds.

HW 327.4 (BMI 58)
    SW 300.5
    CW 224.4

Some history:

Back in 2010 I had decided to have surgery through my provincial plan. There is a three year waiting list. Over the next 6 months after signing up, I lost 60 pounds. When they called for the first official meeting -- I cancelled out of the program as I thought I had it beat. (Oh the lies we tell ourselves.) A three month stall, a bum knee and I slowly started regaining but another 30.

I was reluctant to have surgery back then -- I felt like it was admitting I was a failure at this aspect of my life. I researched Mexico in 2014 but felt too nervous to trust such an important decision to a company I could not properly vet so I dropped it.

Of course during these years I was constantly trying and failing, succeeding a little, then failing again... another 10 pounds crept on in 2016 as I literally moved so little. I could barely fit behind the wheel of my van. The heaviness was finally starting to affect who I was. I read an article shared by Dr Sharma here in Canada about loss and regain in Obese patients who did not have surgery. I knew then (finally) I wasn't going to achieve loss long term without help. (Looking in the mirror was not enough!) So I saw my Doctor and once again got on the provincial waiting list (2-3 years.) My Doctor asked me in that appointment if I'd ever thought about Mexico. A short two weeks later, my friend who was similarly obese came to me to say she was booking surgery in Mexico and did I want to as well. I did my research and booked it. 6 weeks later I was sleeved.

I still have a long way to go. But I feel the possibility and hope for that continued loss. To be pain free is the biggest gift this surgery has given me. I have a lap my children can sit on. I can walk up stairs. I can roll over in bed. I can take care of myself better from a hygiene perspective. I feel hope.

Anyone wishing to add me as an MFP friend is welcome.