LET IT OUT! (The Frustrations Thread)

Options

Replies

• p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Holly! I know how much you were looking forward to a little help.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated with my husbands work!
    Holly,

:explode:

Paula
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    ALL I WANT TO DO IS WEAR MY WEDDING RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got married weighing in at 245 and I could wear them, so why cant I now?!?!?!?! I weigh the same!

It's been over 2 years since I could wear them, the OB said due to my swelling while pregnant, my fingers and feet may never be the same - well fooie!

the only sizing I plan on doing with my wedding band is lowering it. If that means I have to wait a little longer to put them back on, so be it! I refuse to size up, just to have to size down a few months later (I'm feeling a bit optimistic as my rant comes to a close)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Remember the fat comes off where it want to... We don't get to choose. Because if I could.... :happy: It'll come off, just give it a bit more time. That being said, pregnancy is hard on a body. I started out with size nine feet and now have size 11 with collapsing arches. I will never get it back. It's a good thing I adore my little monsters. :laugh: Don't size them up... I just lost mine for falling off my finger at work. My fingers leaned out and it slid right off.
  • hollyla9905
    Options
    ALL I WANT TO DO IS WEAR MY WEDDING RINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got married weighing in at 245 and I could wear them, so why cant I now?!?!?!?! I weigh the same!

It's been over 2 years since I could wear them, the OB said due to my swelling while pregnant, my fingers and feet may never be the same - well fooie!

the only sizing I plan on doing with my wedding band is lowering it. If that means I have to wait a little longer to put them back on, so be it! I refuse to size up, just to have to size down a few months later (I'm feeling a bit optimistic as my rant comes to a close)

Sounds like you talked yourself out of your frustrations! Your ring time will come!

Pixy I said in the other thread too I'm sorry about you ring :(
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    It pi$$es me off when you search through a long list of foods until you find just the right one, hit enter, and the idiot that originally “shared” it with us only put down the calories and none of the macros. There are a lot of these.
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    It pi$$es me off when you search through a long list of foods until you find just the right one, hit enter, and the idiot that originally “shared” it with us only put down the calories and none of the macros. There are a lot of these.

Chuck, I feel that frustration. You know that you can modify those, if you have the nutritional information, right? I've fixed one or two, but yes, it is horribly annoying. If you are going to do that, WHY CHOOSE TO SHARE IT????
  • Crystallee145
    Crystallee145 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    PACZKI's - why did I have to answer the call and eat one!!!???
  • CRody44
    Options
    Dan, I just go back to the list and try another.

Chuck
  • Wolfmother61
    Wolfmother61 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I was ranting on here at being stuck around 240 and not being able to go below. In the past couple of days my body let go and I have lost over 4 pounds. I am not past that pesky 10th mark and on to the next.

Thank you for all the encouragement that came through these posts. We can do it and sometimes we just have to not give up to see it.

Debbie
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    It's so great to hear that :)
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    My knees are shot. They hurt if I'm doing anything besides simple walking or workouts. Can't jump. Can't crawl. Can't run.

I've been looking forward to replacements so I could move normal again. Want to run, dash up and down the stairs, get on my knees again, do serious workouts.

And Chuck just told me those are all the things you can't do either after your knee replacement; I guess to not stress it, so it lasts.

But what's the point! I'm so frustrated. I'd been thinking everything could be fixed like new. And the bubble's been burst.

Bah! :sad:
  • CRody44
    Options
    In also said to talk to your doctor. I don't know if I was not supposed to do that because the knee will pop out of the bone, or it will just prolong the knee. Right now, you say you can do nothing that you used to do. I can do much more than nothing.

This is my reality. Yours ma ybe different. I saw a man on u-tube power lifting with two replaced knees. So it can be done.

Chuck
  • PaulaKro
    Options
    Sorry, Chuck,

I didn't mean to belittle your experience. I've just been on Cloud 9 for months now and what you said resonated with truth. So now I am suffering from disillusionment as a new probability sinks in.

And I suspect your reality is truer than the weightlifter's who is destroying his future by abusing his present.

I'll see the knee surgeon after my weight stabilizes (in months). Weight loss has increased my mobility. I move easily and walk long distances. Normal usage only aches and is not constant. If I'm careful (like crutches for stairs) the pain is not crippling anymore.

It is just extreme action (jumping, crawling, running...) that I cannot do (yet?) and was looking forward to. It is possible replacements won't offer any improvement. We'll see...

I always appreciate your experience. You've shared so much wisdom and your knowledge is invaluable.

Thank you.
    Paula
  • CRody44
    Options
    Paula,

Please trust me. I am trying to be the bearer of good news, not bad! Six months after your surgery you will be able to do so much more than you are doing now, without pain. I'm doing the No Impact challenge over at Pick Your Poison, and after three days of two a day, I am going down lower on my squats and lunges quite a few more degrees than when I first started, with no pain (at least my knee, my crotch is killing me from the sumo squats, TMI?). I think that the lack of muscle strength is restricting me more than the knee. My knee was replaced almost five years ago, and because of other health issues, I have done little leg exercise, so if you exercise regularly after surgery, you will be miles ahead of where I am.

Chuck
  • smacmillan86
    smacmillan86 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have a chest rattling cough and a slightly sore throat with no voice. This was NOT in my plans to pick up the losing post vacation. Sigh.
  • 808malia
    808malia Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    smacvicar86, I have that same cough/ no voice chest cold that you talk about! Really sux!!! My doctor said its going around right now... I got some antibiotics and I'm starting to feel better now. Hope you feel better soon!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Paula, I have a friend who has had both knees replaced in the last year and a half. Before she could hardly do anything and was constantly icing and elevating. She now takes line dancing classes and gets out on the floor and dances at all our functions. You may not ever be able to dash and race around like you may envision in your mind (but heck! few of us can go anymore), but you will probably find that you can do much more than you can currently...and without the kind of pain you have regularly.

I found out a year or so ago that I have osteoarthritis starting in my knees, which the doc says is a direct result of my weight. I didn't even know being overweight could do that! I'm hoping by losing the weight I can avoid the knee replacements.
  • hollyla9905
    hollyla9905 Posts: 508
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed this!!

Paula I am sure you will have improvement and each person sets their own limitations! You are a fighter!

For my sick friends I hope you feel better quickly!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    omg, i cannot lose any weight! wtf!!! at the end of january i weighed 260 and i have been trying to get to 248. why of why,, can i not lose these last few pounds? all i want is to hit the 150 lb lost mark!!!! waahhh!! i keep going from 254 to 252 and back to 254. i am so friggin frustrated!!!