Introduce Yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Melissa from Phoenix, Arizona. My daughter and I both need to get more active. We've discussed starting walking before but will have to make real plans and this 100 miles a month goal is a good one to strive for.
  • sophiae111
    sophiae111 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Sophia I am from Sunny California central valley. I am pushing myself to be active and fit as I was before I had a baby.
  • linda_v33
    linda_v33 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Linda from the Netherlands. I recently started counting my steps with a Fitbit Flex. I've set my Flex from km to miles especially for this challenge and am really looking forward to it. Two or three times per week I do some hiking in our nearby "polder". These sessions I track with Runtastic.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I'm Shelli, a mom & nanny from Texas. This is my 1st attempt at this challenge & aside from chasing toddlers I'm not super active so this will be a BIG change for me! I look forward to pushing myself & starting to make activity a part of my daily lifestyle!

SW: 198 (1/4/14)
    CW: 176
    GW: 135
  • LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie, now living in Puglia, Southern Italy with some beautiful places to walk. No excuses! :smile:
  • fogelanne
    fogelanne Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Anne-Marie from Wisconsin. This is my first time trying a 30 daychallenge and I am excited!!!
  • christa279
    christa279 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Christa from Conowingo, MD. This is my first attempt at a walking challenge and the first group I have joined on here!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Janae from Brighton, Colorado. I just got the release from my Dr. to workout again, after two major surgery's last year! I'm so excited to get to it. I've never been this out of shape in my life, but I'm working on it!! :)
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am Lillian from West Central Saskatchewan, Canada. -38 C this a.m. with a wind chill of -47. Nope not going out there!! Will walk to the DVD's until it comes up a few degrees. My dog will miss me ...but I am sure he will get over it.

I reached a weight plateau so this challenge will help break it hopefully.
  • 2Point0
    2Point0 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm Ellie, a Brit living in southern California. I'm pretty active in the evenings and weekends, training for a half marathon and a member of a triathlon club but I'm joining this group to get moving during weekdays. It'll be a good opportunity to get through some books on tape that have been on my iPod for years.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    "This has always been a dream of mine! I constantly read blogs of those who are hiking the trail and hope to someday have the flexibility in my work schedule to do it myself. How exciting and motivating for you to have something that adventurous to be preparing for!"

Hey Lisa,

WEll, what's stopping you? The hike in to get to the start of the trail is 7.5 miles so we thought we would try to walk 7.5 miles today "pretending" to walk our way to Springer Mountain starting point of the AT.

Hubby was "sick" today so I went to the gym to find a treadmill and ALL of them were full and already signed up for the future hour blocks, etc. the indoor track was FULL.. LOL ..

So I took the last available elliptical and "walked" the elliptical for 65 minutes. It shut off automatically on me and my data was lost so I got frustrated and went home..I did see at least 4.88 miles on there before it cut off so that's what I calculated for my exercise today.

When I got home and told my husband how crowded it was, he just smiled and said, "Welcome to Springer Mountain in March"...

There are always going to be obstacles..we just have to do the best we can each day...I've started reading the blogs as well and when we get closer..the list of what to pack, what not to pack will get fine tuned...

I'm going for as light as possible....:flowerforyou:
  • mtmt2014
    mtmt2014 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Mary from Canada. After waffling for a few days I decided to join this challenge. Day 1, here we go!
  • kshaw5501
    kshaw5501 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kelly from Maine and this is my second 100 mile challenge. Good luck everyone!
  • turkeybutt40
    turkeybutt40 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone .I'm Angela. It is great to be part of the group
  • SailorAriel
    SailorAriel Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My name is Jenny and I am 28 years old. I live in Massachusetts and this is my first 100 miles challenge ^_^
  • salevy
    salevy Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I'm Shari and I live in extreme southeastern New York State. I'm 2 miles from New Jersey and 25 miles north of New York City. I start at the top of the hill in New York and end up at the bottom of the hill in New Jersey. I do all my grocery shopping and get gas since it's cheaper in New Jersey.

I don't count mileage, I count time. I'm going to try for 15 hours of walking. Today I did 55 minutes. I can't always get 1 hour done.

I put a pedometer on my Kindle that gives miles, steps, and calories burned. I'm in the process of calibrating it, so today it didn't work too well. Hoping to get this working soon.