March comes in like a lion....

seehe
seehe Posts: 946 Member
Seems like everyone is awfully busy and the enthusiasm on the board is waning, so thought I'd get us off to a belated March start with a ROAR!!!! Here's to feeling our power and doing this!

One of my favorite images reminds me of how important our self images are, and how essential and empowering it is to believe in ourselves, so I thought I'd share it as a reminder :-)

funny-cat-picture-cute-kitty-pic-kitten-looking-in-mirror-seeing-a-lion.jpg

Anyone else interested in sharing some new insights or old valuable ones to give us all a boost this month?

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,456 Member
    Love it Susan!!!! :flowerforyou:

:Like March (and spring here) I'm a little late getting back in the game.... but me and my mojo have found each other and I'm on my way to a current goal of losing 7 pounds. This never ending winter has sucked the life outta me; and there's no end in sight for a while so I either have to change my attitude, or change the weather... so attitude it is!!!

Love the topic for March; we are often our own worst enemies in our thoughts about ourselves... and what we think is what we believe. I can't do pictures... but I'm in for this month focusing on my goals and KNOWING I AM AWESOME!!

I AM. Two of the most powerful words. For what you put after them shapes your reality.

:flowerforyou:
  • seehe
    Hey there Snoozie,

awesome.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Good Morning, Hatters....looks like we need to start our own little group....looks like it's gotten down to only 5 or 6 of us...lol

I am hoping that March will show some loss for me. With all the bike rides, I have lost some inches in my legs!!! which is great,
    I
    finally got my big heifers(calves for a normal sized gal) to fit into a pair of black leather boots , YEAH!!! ....but I can't walk in them ,

so I will have to put them on at the couch and sit there jut looking good!....Hahahaaa... With this weight , I have been in flat shoes

for so long, I don't think my ankles remember how to carry it all...

ROAR!!!!
    G
  • Snooozie

I am hoping that March will show some loss for me. With all the bike rides, I have lost some inches in my legs!!! ROAR!!!!
    G

"I AM". Two of the most powerful words. For what you put after them shapes your reality.
  • Snooozie
    Hey there Snoozie,

awesome.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!!!!! I AMMMMM AWESOME!!! I AM going to reach my goal, and I AM healthier right now than I was this time a year ago!! I AM!!!

Susan, Gail... let's hear YOUR " I AM's " !!!!

:drinker:
  • Snooozie
    Gail!!!!

I am doing the HAPPY FEET dance on yer boots girl!! I remember way way back last year sometime you posted that one of your goals was to be able to wear a pair of knee high boots......... and now you have em!!!!!!! And I bet having them on the couch will be added incentive lol!

But seriously girl..... you have been totally AMAZING on the exercise the past few weeks..... I am so impressed and so thrilled for you... I KNOW you are going to see a loss.. you have been burning calories left right and center..... and every single minute you spend on the bike or the walking videos is a minute you are burning calories..... so you WILL see a loss I have no doubt and I can't wait to see your post when you dooooooooo!! So proud of you!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Go Gail Go.... "these boots were made for walking"....

Snoozie... HAHAHAHAHAHA LOVE IT!!!!!! I AMMMMM AWESOME!!! I AM going to reach my goal, and I AM healthier right now than I was this time a year ago!! I AM!!!

Susan... love the pic...

I am.... strong, beautiful, confident... and btw a Leo....

And you....???
  • seehe
    I AM happy, I AM healthy, I AM going to succeed because I AM powerful , and I AM my own best friend ????
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    I AM glad to be part of the fantastic group of women. I AM so very fortunate to call you "friends". Thanks for sharing your time with me and helping me to become the healthiest I can be! xoxoxo to all of you
  • Snooozie
    I AM happy, I AM healthy, I AM going to succeed because I AM powerful , and I AM my own best friend ????

you AM indeed !!!! love it!!!
  • cbmcphillips
    I took the clothes that are nicer and don't fit to consignment... and brought home a check for $52 - from the last visit....

I was also able to buy a Ralph Lauren sweater - retail value $ 66 - for $11 - and new with tags!

I've been really lucky lately at the consignment shop - bought 2 new sweaters NWT for $10-$15 each, 1 pair of pants (Jones New York).... retail value was $70 - for $11....

As my husband would say.... "We're going broke with all the money you're saving....".... giggles...

Carol
  • seehe
    Lol Carol- my first husband used to say the same thing ???? sounds like you got some great deals!

Gail- you are doing such a fantastic job - I can hear your roar all the way here in Tucson ????
  • 65by60
    65by60 Posts: 23
    I have a March Mantra thing going. Join me and repeat. I WILL NOT QUIT!!!!

Oh, by the way, I am awesome too :-). heeheehee
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    I love this title for the month. It makes me think of the song, My Gods not Dead !!!! roaring on the inside
    http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=FMF12FNU

I was feeling down after not getting to the exercise I wanted to this past weekend and felt I was ready to cave, but this reminded me I still have it on the inside and to keep pushing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND YES we all are going to reach our goals, maybe not exactly when or how we thought in the beginning but by staying focus on the journey.

Time I am jealous !!! I want boots and have trouble with them heifers so I have decided to wait one more year b/c I don't want them to fit this year and then be to big next year. But It has taken lots of talk downs.

9 days then spring break for me and while I am sad (seems amazing how fast the year goes when you love the school and people you work with) I am ready to get some cleaning and exercise done that week.
  • Snooozie
    Morning all!

I AM loving the positive thinking topic for March (thanks Susan!) - it has helped me remember how important it is to stay mentally positive and cheer myself on from the thoughts in my head, not rip myself apart for mistakes along the way.... and that every thing I do positively takes me one step closer to achieving my goals!

Cheapness paid off in some extra cals burned this morning; had to go for the good old mamo and I refus to pay the astroniomical parking rates at the hospital so I parked at a mall about 10 min away and walked there and back lol. I'm hoping to get another walk in this aft as its nice and sunny and above freezing, but we are getting walloped with another storm tomorrow with about 2 feet of snow predicted.... so I know I won't be walking tomorrow lol.. I'm just grateful I finally happen to be on a day off for one of these storms and can stay put since I've had to go to work in every other one!

I made my first GREEN smoothie this morning... I have decided to try to incorporate a green one a few times a week if I can... I'm not a fan of smoothies of any kind... but the green ones seem to be a good way to get more greens into me - and they have little fruit which is good because of the diabetes... anyway I found a site from reading the MFP posts about green smoothies for beginners which is great for info like mixing up the greens and tips to add protein etc... I don't plan to use mine as a meal repolacement just to add some greens to my diet... I used my blender on liquify and it worked great (don't have a vitamix nor will I ever spend $400 on one lol) Anyway... just curious as to if anyone has ever tried one or thought about it?? I did mine with a cup of spinach, a cup of water, a couple of cubes of watermelon i had left over and a cup of frozen 4 berry blend (altho i'd prolly use 1/2 cup next time) and it wasn't bad.. easy enough to down a glass anyway.

Gotta go read up on your posts and come back for a few replies....

My positive thought for the day: A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, beause her trust is not on the branch, but on her own wings. Always believe in yourself.
  • cbmcphillips
    <<< My positive thought for the day: A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, beause her trust is not on the branch, but on her own wings. Always believe in yourself.

Thanks Snoozie for the reminder .... how appropriate.... and an Eagle will always fly above the storm.....

Carol
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    I AM...giving myself permission to let go of this extra" weighted" safety blanket .

I AM...beginning to be the me, I know is hidden underneath.

I AM...loving me, inspite of all my imperfections!

I AM...loving the support of all my Hatter Friends!

I AM...UNAFRAID to look Damn GOOD!!
  • Snooozie
    posted by GAIL: (TIME2)
    I AM...giving myself permission to let go of this extra" weighted" safety blanket .

I AM...beginning to be the me, I know is hidden underneath.

I AM...loving me, inspite of all my imperfections!

I AM...loving the support of all my Hatter Friends!

I AM...UNAFRAID to look Damn GOOD!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Gail... I absolutely LOVE your post - especially the first two because they hit close to home for me... I always knew a part of me was "afraid" to lose weight because it was my safety blanket.. whatever was bad or wrong in my life or if someone didn't like me, i convinced myself it was only because I was fat. If I didn't have that... gulp.... it also provided me with an excuse for anything and I think deep down I simply didn't want to let go of my "blankie" or I was too insecure or too scared to let it go. or I didn't like myself enough to feel I deserved to be healthy and slender. It was one of the scariest things I've done to step out of my comfort zone and decide I was indeed deserving of anything I wanted!

So to see your wonderful I AM's..... honestly when I read them I was over the moon for you..... !! and I hope you say them and believe them every day my friend... cause you AM indeed all of the above... big hugs and thank you for sharing!!!! YOU ARE AWESOME!!
  • Snooozie
    :drinker: GAIL...

awesome.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Morning Hatters!!!

Yesterday for the first time in months, we had a gorgeous day... it hit 8C (around 40F?) and the sun was shining... it was glorious and EVERYONE was out enjoying the sunshine - and HAPPY! iT WAS AMAZING lol.. everyone was suddenly in a good mood, cheerful and happy; and today we're in the midst of a huge snowstorm with a couple of feet of snow expected by the time its done ... I swear Mother Nature sent that one day to keep us all from going homicidal! And strangely enough it was just enough that nobody is too grumpy today in spite of the storm lol... cause at least now we know there's hope! Its kinda funny tho how the weather can definitely affect our moods... ha!

I deliberately left all my inside chores for today so don't even have to go out in the mess, so I'm still a happy camper... will put on the tunes and start scrubbing after a few replies:

65by60: you ARE indeed awesome!! and kudos on your mantra... doesn't matter in the least how many times we may fall down, its whether we keep getting back up again that ounts!!

Tammy - I hope by spring break your knee is better - I can imagine you are missing your exercise now that you've made it a habit and enjoy it!!! Just being out yesterday made me realize how much I miss my daily walks at the lake! How wonderful this year of teahing has been so fabulous compared to the nightmare of your previous posting.... ! so glad you love it.... but are still looking forward to a wee break LOLOL.... (altho im not sure im with you on the wanting to do the cleaning part during it.... haaaaaaa) Altho I spent my vacation in February throwing out tons of stuff and cleaning out drawers and cupboards with multiple runs to the good will... so.. there is some joy in cleaning i will concede!)

Carole - great score on the shopping! Tonya - sorry the job stuff is so stressful.

Susan - how ya feeling..... hope the ick you've been suffering is finally getting a little better .... hugs!

My Positive thought for the day: Close your eyes and imagine the best version of you possible. That's who you really area. Let go of any part of you that doesn't believe it.