Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

March comes in like a lion....

2»

Replies

• Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Snoozie
    they hit close to home for me... I always knew a part of me was "afraid" to lose weight because it was my safety blanket.. whatever was bad or wrong in my life or if someone didn't like me, i convinced myself it was only because I was fat. If I didn't have that... gulp.... it also provided me with an excuse for anything and I think deep down I simply didn't want to let go of my "blankie" or I was too insecure or too scared to let it go. or I didn't like myself enough to feel I deserved to be healthy and slender. It was one of the scariest things I've done to step out of my comfort zone and decide I was indeed deserving of anything I wanted!

Thanks, and everything you said above, could have been quoted from me...We are ALL so alike , just in different wrappers!!
    I copied mine down so I can read them everyday at work...I've been telling myself verbally lately, that's it's ok to lose this weight..I have new smaller clothes waiting to get into...If I want something new I buy it a size smaller....we'll see if it works...lol

Oops!! I'll have to pull up another page to reply to other posts...I can't see them and the memory is too short...
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    LOL Gail.. I have the same problem... I read the posts but by the time I'm in the reply I can't scroll up and see them and I forget what I wanted to say!

But I can right now...lol Tammy - I thought of you this morning!! I was watching a show where they were talking about how important PROTEIN is for us, especially as we get.. ummm.... older lol. And how we need to get away from having most of our protein at dinner, and more through the day (about 30 grams per meal!) but most especially during the day.... when we have most of our protein at night, like any other excess calories, even the extra protein gets stored as fat... but its imperative we have more protein as we age because we naturally lose muscle with aging too... They showed a couple of standard meals like oatmeal for breakfast with only about 4 grams of protein, and some easy ways to kick it up to almost 30 just by adding a few things here and there... same with the lunch ideas.. anyway it made me think of you because you've been telling us all along about the importance of protein lol!! I plan to incorporate a couple of em! :bigsmile:
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    A smile to start your day :smile:

f36defcc97b85db087154cf7c2d49ae0_zpse77b4dd1.jpg
  • Snooozie
    :bigsmile: someone posted that pic on my FB page not long ago Susan.. great minds think alike?? LOL And since they are turning off the water and power here in less than an hour, I'm heading to the "Jim" before its cold and dark in there - thankfully have to start early at work anyway for evening shift so won't be rattling around long but won't be online for the day - have a good one all!

Oh and I've lost 1.8 lbs of the 6lbs I regained during maintenance and post stage 1 dental work crunch fest/binge I went on lol... but I'm not changing my ticker as it stays as motivation to get the other 4.2 lbs off LOL. so well on the way to getting back to the lowest weight I reached.... and once there will set next goal :o) (which hopefully better coincide with SPRING SHOWING UP!!!) i am simply choosing to ignore the piles of snow outside.. they are just an illusion.. yup yup yup

Positive thinking for the day: Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It's the courage to continue that counts!
    :bigsmile:
  • seehe
    A visual for Snoozie's contribution of positive thought for the day :smile:

Success-Is-Not-Final_zps9f0d4e63.jpg
  • Snooozie

SUSAN!!!!!!!

awesome.jpg

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! love the pic!!!!! great job!!!!!!!!!!
  • seehe
    Positive quote for the day :smile:

5e9240f2-9d7a-4963-a01d-f52fcfa10bd0_zpsd048a8b1.jpg
  • Snooozie
    So true Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! love it!!

So I'm guessing nobody has ever tried the green shakes I asked about?
  • Snooozie
    I decided I'm going to make my daily positive thinking quote my screensaver on my phone every day... so I will be reminded of itall through the day!

Today I erase the slate in my head from anything I have believed because of what other people told me I am or was. Gone. Erased and replaced with who I KNOW I am and can be. :flowerforyou:

"I forgive myself for having believed for so long that I was never good enough to have, get, and be what I wanted"
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Excellent words to go by, Snoozie! No, Sorry, I don't do much green drinks...I tried to make one , but, I didn't get my ratio right and it was Kinda tasted like when you tried Okra....YUCKY!! And the ones with more fruit, mess with my IC. ( too acidic) ...... So I have to chew 'em like a cow!
  • seehe
    Haven't tried the green drinks , Snoozie. I like my veggies in a more solid form :smile:

Thanks for the positive thought(s) for today (and the other days) .

I am working on my positive thinking acknowledging that everything I need to succeed is within me and that I have the power :smile:
  • Snooozie
    lol @ the greens ladies.. thanks.... I much prefer mine in "solid" form too Susan; but I'm just not getting enough in so thought I'd try just adding it in via the drink... my first experiments have been somewhat like Time2 lol..... but I emailed a friend who's a bodybuilder and nutritionist and got one to try that may actulaly be palatable... if not, I'll toss the leftover spinach into a salad !! haaaaaaaaaaa:bigsmile:

Susan - you do indeed!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 65by60
    65by60 Posts: 23
    Just dropping by to say a quick hello. I have been too busy lately...too many balls in the air :-(
    But I am still here 'cause I will not quit :-)))
    Heading south in 6 days. Taking the RV from the top end of the I-81, I-77, I-26 and I-95 all the way down to the Keys. Got to escape this dreadful and never ending snow and freezing temps right?
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,362 Member
    Hello ladies, I haven't posted before but I'm loving all of your positive images and quotes. I needed it today so I'm glad I started browsing the boards. You rock!
  • jihumfeld
    jihumfeld Posts: 10 Member
    Hi Snoozie,

Love your handle! I'm still trying to figure out how to do things on this site. I have to admit I was almost solely focused on logging my food and exercise. Now it is time for me to branch out and meet more like minded friends. I hope this is the start of something great. I love your posts.
  • Snooozie
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Suzy and J!

Glad to have you aboard; things have been a little quiet in here lately; seems like everyone has a lot on their plate (and some are lucky enough to be away in the sunshine.. yes i mean you Seehe LOLOL.. hope you're having a blast!!

I am on the dreaded midnight shift this week; and its still so cold here; had another bout of snow but they are PROMISING temps above freezing by the end of the week.... I am all for the power of positive thinking... but I have to admit I ain't holding my breath on this one!!!
    I bought myself a bouquet of beautiful yellow tulips today... just because lol...figured it might help me believe spring may actually arrive sometime!! I keep moving the vase from room to room as I go so I can keep looking at them :flowerforyou:

It's been a bit of a struggle getting back on track; the cold seems to push me to comfort foods (and midnights = lack of sleep and craving crap at 3am!) but have been back on track for about a week and feeling good.... I know I won't get enough fruit and veg in this week butas long as i stay with good healthy choices I'll accept it til next week when I can go veggie crazy!

I wish there was a way to bottle up that great feeling you get when things are on track and we're feeling good about ourselves which makes us want to stay on track - we could uncork the bottle anytime our motivation wanes or things suck emotionally or at work or whatever challenge comes along for us.... just a quick sip and instant I feel great!! Wouldn't that be awesome?? Not to mention it would make me very very rich :laugh:

Hope everyone is doing well.... the end of the month of POSITIVE THINKING is almost upon us; I take a pic of my daily mkotivation and make it my wallpaper on my phone so i see it constantly... remember the "I AM - two of the most powerful words because what you put after them because your reality" ?? I've been using that a lot too..and I AM smiling more and choosing to be happy, because I AM confident I am making progress! And it's all about progress, not perfection! As long as every day I can say I AM doing something positive to get me to my goal, I'm a happy camper!!

Might need to do a roll call soon so hope to hear from the other Hatters when you get a minute!

A giggle for the day.. (since a laugh burns 5 calories!)

Remember that seeing a spider isn't a problem. It becomes a problem ... when it disappears! :laugh: :laugh:
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    we had a last minute snow storm here in Jersey... gotta love it...details to follow...
    details: car was frozen over by ice, had a couple of snow drifts on the way in.. attitude from boss... (more to follow) arrived 45 mins late... of course he reminded me that I'm using too much leave and that I will be in a without pay status if I use too much... he's 35, i'm 50 - think i've been doing this awhile....
    and of course he reminded me not to use sick time.. didn't plan on it....
    and of course you know that common sense dictates that you look out your window, make a decision... and did he forget about my brain injury from 2010? would he rather I have a seizure driving in... didn't go down that road with him...
    thanks for letting me rant...Carol he should be glad I even made it in....
    we've even had employees take 8 hrs sick time when you know that they are staying home because of the snow - of course can't prove it...
    ended up 45 mins late to work.... ugh.... better than not at all... and of course my "boss" reminded me of my low leave balance..... and he cautioned be about leave without pay...
    car was frozen over and drifted snow... would he rather I take the whole day off?

sorry for the cut and paste... details from a couple of postings to a couple of different pals....:grumble:

Snoozie - welcome back - thanks as always for your encouraging words...:flowerforyou:

Carol
  • Snooozie
    Carole -

sometimes you just have to close your eyes, count to ten, take a deep breath, remind yourself you wouldn't look good in prison stripes, and just smile at that dumba$$ and walk away... :tongue:
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Thanks for the reminder snoozie - unless, of course they come vertical instead of horizontal??? giggles.... hmm.... by the way, whoever decides to make a cake for me, please make it carrot.... and place a file in it too....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And if anyone has access to any good drugs - ie from CO.....place in brownies.....:blushing:

Gotta love 'em....don't have to like 'em....:wink:

Man oh man....:noway:

I think he forgot to read the last policy memo that talked about safety and weather... which basically states that if its not right, you should err on the side of caution... and oh by the way, sent the new policy memos which require his signature (change of command thing)... into his office last July.... still waiting for a signature.... and we have an inspection coming in May... if we don't pass, not my fault...(for this one anyway)....

Carol:flowerforyou: