Pork Belly!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Nutmeg76
    Nutmeg76 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    We cross cut, then did a flavorful rub followed by smoking it in the smoker. Then sliced and pan fried like bacon.....soooooooooo good.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Okay so I went to the trouble of generating a recipe using their program but I see no way to search for it. When I go into the food menu and "search" the food database it doesn't show up maybe it'll work if someone else searches it, I have it as "Clutch's Pulled Pork Chili" but if I can't pull it up I am not hopeful. I will transcribe it below:

You have to add it to the database in the option that is at the bottom of the recipe page after you add all the ingredients. It is a real pain! I also wish that I could search my own stash of recipes, I have added too many now and can never find the one I want :(.
    Your recipe sure looks good.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    Okay so I went to the trouble of generating a recipe using their program but I see no way to search for it. When I go into the food menu and "search" the food database it doesn't show up maybe it'll work if someone else searches it, I have it as "Clutch's Pulled Pork Chili" but if I can't pull it up I am not hopeful. I will transcribe it below:

You have to add it to the database in the option that is at the bottom of the recipe page after you add all the ingredients. It is a real pain! I also wish that I could search my own stash of recipes, I have added too many now and can never find the one I want :(.
    Your recipe sure looks good.

Please, pretty please, don't add personal recipes to the database. It's hard enough wading through everything without having hundreds of personal recipes there too. Admittedly there is something very wrong with MFP search function because even being very specific seems to bring up entries that aren't even close to what was searched…. Hopefully MFP will resolve that soon.
  • justaspoonfulofsugar
    justaspoonfulofsugar Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    You can add it to the database without making it public and then it doesn't affect the database Akima.
    I never make my recipes public