Sore calves

Options
2»

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I did the Hal Higdon novice 10k plan and I liked it a lot. I started with a different one and switched the first week. My focus was to build mileage, not speed, so it was well suited for me. I was also able to easily adjust it to fit into the rest of my workout schedule.

I did the timed (not distance) version of C25K so it was interesting to adjust my mentality - was funny at first to realize that how fast or slow I run actually impacts how long this run will take because I'm going 2 miles no matter what, not just however far I happen to make it in 30 minutes.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

My doc thinks I need to take it slow outside until I get used to the terrain too. I'll keep checking my pace. The problem is I don't know my pace is fast until I finish. While I'm running I feel I'm just fine :)

The sole reason I bought a smart phone was so that I could download an app to tell me my pace and distance as I was running, I would still be happily using my old push button mobile phone if I hadn't started running, lol!

It's the only reason I own a $200+ watch. Lol. ????????????

That's a lot of yard sales!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Thanks libeesmommy!
    I looked up some dynamic stretches on YouTube. I'll do that the next time. Thanks for pointing it out.
    My soreness is completely gone away. I'm sure it's the hills. When I run the track indoor, I don't have the issue.

My doc thinks I need to take it slow outside until I get used to the terrain too. I'll keep checking my pace. The problem is I don't know my pace is fast until I finish. While I'm running I feel I'm just fine :)

You're welcome! Slow is the new fast! ????

I wore my "slow is the new fast" shirt to the gym tonight. It wasn't necessarily appropriate for the Zumba class I was in, but I do love highlighter green.
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I can't seem to run and manoeuvre my phone on my arm band. It irks me. I need to look into the watch. I hope DH buys one so we can share. I love my polar ft4 though. Don't want to change it if I don't have to.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    You might be able to judge your speed by your heart rate.

https://app.box.com/shared/n0keplglpo
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Last fall I bought a Garmin Forerunner 210 and HRM band, but I used Endomondo while I was doing the 10K training because I could have it verbally tell me as much info as I wanted at distances I determined (with the $4.99 Pro version).

I tried the arm band and hated it. I found some fitness shorts at Target that had deep enough pockets to put the phone in my pocket. I recently bought a fuel belt for my longer runs and that has a spot for my phone.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks libeesmommy!
    I looked up some dynamic stretches on YouTube. I'll do that the next time. Thanks for pointing it out.
    My soreness is completely gone away. I'm sure it's the hills. When I run the track indoor, I don't have the issue.

I wore my "slow is the new fast" shirt to the gym tonight. It wasn't necessarily appropriate for the Zumba class I was in, but I do love highlighter green.

All running apparel should burn retinas... ????
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I can't seem to run and manoeuvre my phone on my arm band. It irks me. I need to look into the watch. I hope DH buys one so we can share. I love my polar ft4 though. Don't want to change it if I don't have to.

Armbands are the absolute WORST!!!!!! They almost made me want to give up running...lol, okay not quite.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options
    Thanks libeesmommy!

All running apparel should burn retinas... ????

Amen.