C25K

Options
socajam
socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
Downloaded the app last Friday - RunDouble C25K Pro

It is still a cold here in the East, snow is expected this week. I am looking forward to starting April 1 and hopefully keep going until I complete the program.

Replies

• laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app yesterday and plan on starting tomorrow on my lunch on a treadmill at work if one is available.
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3...it is usually where I quit so I'm going to try to keep going!!!
  • ally_mac90
    Options
    I have the C25K app on my phone and have used it in the past for a workout reference, but have never committed to the full training. I am starting tomorrow. I am probably going to need some encouragement to keep going strong, and I'm here to encourage you all as well! Are there certain days any of you prefer to run? EX: Monday, Wednesday, Friday?
  • klandry0805
    klandry0805 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 3 Day 1! this is a great training app! I'm able to run a lot longer now! :)
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have the C25K app on my phone and have used it in the past for a workout reference, but have never committed to the full training. I am starting tomorrow. I am probably going to need some encouragement to keep going strong, and I'm here to encourage you all as well! Are there certain days any of you prefer to run? EX: Monday, Wednesday, Friday?

That was my plan. However knowing my life that will rarely actually happen :)
  • ralee39
    ralee39 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on Thursday doing week 2. I think I'm going to repeat week 2 this week and will also aim for a Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule. Please post updates as you go along, so we can support each other and give advice where we can! Thank you all for joining :)
  • freckledjezebel
    freckledjezebel Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting week 4 tomorrow and I run Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3...it is usually where I quit so I'm going to try to keep going!!!

:happy: Me too - but this time I am signing up for a 10K in October, planning on training 4-6 miles per week for the first three months. Treadmill on work days, outside and hills on non-work days. So far knees are O.K.

Anyone want friend for accountability, please add me!
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I've done C25K before and it is time to do it again.

I will be starting Mon, 3/31. There might be some cold days still this Spring, but here in Denver, there almost done.

I'm looking forward to reading everyone's progress!

Terry
  • MamaGab92
    MamaGab92 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting this week. I'm planning to do Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings because it works in my schedule better.

Does anyone have experience running in the cold? They're predicting a high of 32 tomorrow and I'm a bit concerned. Don't have access to an indoor treadmill.

By the way, the app I'm using is called 5K Runner but it seems to be basically the same as what everyone is describing as C25K.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day 2. I cannot get past it. My current plan is to continue repeating day 2 until my heart rate stays below 180. :smile:
  • mojisha
    mojisha Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I made it to week 4 this winter before i developed a really terrible case of plantar faciitis. I'm hoping I've rested enough weeks to let me start over. We're expecting a little more snow in the VA/DC area tomorrow, so I'll plan on starting again either today or Friday. I'm looking forward to progressing with you all!
  • mojisha
    mojisha Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Layers are your best friend when running in the cold. I if it's really cold i like a hoodie over a hat and gloves. Usually i ditch the hood and possibly even the gloves, but you may need them at first.

Also, does anyone use the Run Double app? I was using the C25k app but it was glitchy. The Run Double app is excellent!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Layers are your best friend when running in the cold. I if it's really cold i like a hoodie over a hat and gloves. Usually i ditch the hood and possibly even the gloves, but you may need them at first.

Also, does anyone use the Run Double app? I was using the C25k app but it was glitchy. The Run Double app is excellent!

Spend some time looking through apps, too much for my brain. Finally decided on the RunDouble C25K Pro - it was $1.59. I am going out of town this weekend, plan to start April 1, if the weather improves.
  • simran1967
    Options
    I am starting today. Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have started number of times but never finish it. Hoping this time will be the last time and by summer I can run outside. I have treadmill at home and so many excuses why I can't excercise. looking forward to it.
  • kniemeier1
    kniemeier1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this off and on for about a year. I got up to week 5 once but my running partner hurt her ankle, and I wasn't motivated to keep up by myself. I'm starting again tonight. I am starting on Week 3 so hopefully I will be able to do it. :happy:
  • AZ0310
    AZ0310 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm on week four and hope to do day 3 tomorrow. I've got to be the slowest runner in the world though. I'm doing my training on the treadmill and whenever my heart rate goes out of zone I just slow down more. So far it seems to be working, so that's what I'll keep doing for now. Perhaps once I can run longer and become more fit I can start to run faster.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I actually finished C25K 2 years ago right before I got pregnant and stopped running (and exercising in general) completely. I restarted a few weeks ago, and I'm on week 4 now. I'd love some help to keep me motivated now that the weather's getting nicer! I'm gonna try to stick to a Sun-Wed-Fri schedule, but that will rarely happen :)
  • TerryEden
    TerryEden Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 5 day 2. I cannot get past it. My current plan is to continue repeating day 2 until my heart rate stays below 180. :smile:

I agree that week 5 is the toughest week of change. Seems like a big difference between W5D1 to W5D2!

I think your plan is a good one! Or, try going back to W5D1 for a while to repeat and run a little bit longer each time on the run sections.

Good luck!
  • SuperSammi22
    SuperSammi22 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I downloaded the app this week and finished day 3 today. Looking forward to getting through this!