APRIL 2014 - Move Your @SS Challenge

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Adding another 10 miles. Commuting in the rain wasn't bad. It was kind of pleasant but it sure was muddy when I got there. That's 204 out of 400. I'm over half way. :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Terrific job, Dean! I know you will make it. Is your commute 10 miles round trip? Or are there extra play miles in there? Ohhhh, to work that close to home. :love:

Chris

Hey Chris, The commute is 5 miles each way. It's not a bad commute but this morning the wind picked up 5 minutes after I left work and the rain was coming down so hard it hurt when it hit you in the face. I was about 1 mile from home before it let up. Thank goodness it let up then. That's where my big hill starts so I was glad the wind died down before I died going up the hill. :laugh: :laugh:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    4/16 - FULL slacker-quality REST DAY. My body absolutely demanded it from me and I had no choice but to oblige.
    4/17 - 1.4 lunch walk, 3.5 treadmill run/walk, MTD 115.0

ALMOST to my goal!! :happy:

Dave

Hey Dave, You need a rest day every once in a while to help your body recover. I take a rest day with light biking about once a month. Then I can come back with all the stress healed and hammer it. You are doing so well and pushing so hard that I think that was a smart move.

Thanks again for all the work you do on the group page and the spreadsheet. You really do make a difference for everyone on here. It wouldn't be the same without you.

Thanks again Dave,

Dean

P.S. - Where's the picture of the new bike? :wink:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    The gym closed down till next Tuesday for the Easter holiday :mad::noway::explode:
    I admit Easter is a big deal for us greeks and the folks working at the gym deserve their vacation, but 4 days?? 'm sure they could haev kept the stupid thing open for 2 of these days with minimum personnel :ohwell:

Dinos - Seriously? Four days? Wow! I could see one, two tops, but four? I guess you guys really do take Easter seriously. Well here is hoping for some nice weather so you can get your exercise in outside. :drinker: :drinker:

Dean
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Between a breakup and a foot pain that I think might be caused by my current shoes, I've been doing very little running lately. Hoping to get a different pair this weekend and see how my foot feels using a different pair.

4/17: 1 mile
    To go: 18 miles
    Total: 12 miles

Trisha - Sorry about the shoes. There is nothing quite like foot pain and poorly fitting shoes can really make that worse. Make sure you ease into the new pair so you don't make the injury worse.

Oh, and don't forget, bad boyfriends and bad shoes both deserve a trip to the trashcan. Sorry about the break up but you seems to have your act together so his loss. I'm just assuming that was the break up. I know what assuming does but took the chance. :laugh: :laugh:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Adding 4.2 walking miles for Friday and 6.5 for yesterday.

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    added 3.5 miles yesterday. :smile: Only work half a day today, so I hope to do more this afternoon.

exercise.png
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    4-1 run 1.7
    4-4 run 2 + bike 12.3
    4-5 bike 12.4
    4-6 bike 15.3
    4-7 bike 12.3
    4-8 bike 7 +run/walk 1.1 + bike 5.1 + swim 1.25
    4-10 Run 2.2 + bike 27.2
    4-11 Run/walk 1.8 + bike 11.7
    4-16 Run 2.25 + bike 13.7
    4-18 Run 2.7 + bike 34

Total 165.9
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    9 miles in this morning..TTD 92.7

exercise.png
  • JTH11706
    JTH11706 Posts: 2,921 Member
    Options
    =============================
    SPREADSHEET UPDATED TO HERE

See (but not edit) the
    spreadsheet here:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402
    =============================

Not too much to update since most of the posts are from Dean. Was someone working the night shift last night and had a little time on his hands? Just kidding. You know we love you and all the cheer leading you do around here. :heart: :flowerforyou:

And now for Statistics Saturday:

Here we are in our 42 MYAC.

This month we have 107 participants. 3 have made goal and 28 are on track. 3 haven't checked in yet with any update.

We have 10 newbies this month!! Welcome :flowerforyou:

40 people have done 10 or more MYACs.

As a group we are moving 375 miles a day.

The average miles moved per person per day is 3.6. This is way above our average of 2.36 and just below our all time high of 3.86.

Our weighted score (based on number on target etc) is 2.26, above average again!

Wishing you all a happy Easter, Passover, or whatever you are celebrating. Let's remember that spring is a time for renewal and let's recommit to a healthy lifestyle with good choices and plenty of @ss moving.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,150 Member
    Options
    2.4 miles in the drizzle. Felt good actually, and I didn't have to make my way around other people :happy:

exercise.png
  • wtw0n
    wtw0n Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    4/1: bicycling 16.1km
    4/3: bicycling 9km
    4/5: bicycling 11.1km
    4/6: bicycling 13km
    4/8: cycle ergometer test 7.3km, bicycling 7km
    4/9: bicycling 20km
    4/10: walking 5.14km
    4/11: rowing 2.66km
    4/12: walking 11.07km
    4/13: bicycling 16.6km
    4/15: walking 11.07km
    4/19: walking 9.2km

Total: 139.24km
    Left: none (+9.24)

exercise.png
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    6.9 miles added today! Need to kick it in to gear if I am going to make this months goal.

exercise.png
  • 319Sara
    319Sara Posts: 302 Member
    Options

exercise.png

Beautiful Holy Saturday with daffodils blooming and the sun shining on greening grass. I walked in the meadow with two visiting grand-dogs, and also rode the home stationary bike for 5.66 miles.
    April total so far = 65.03.

Have a blessed Easter!
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    My knee did not hurt at all on my 2 mile run this morning! I'm so pleased!

Adding 2.2 (2 for the run and .2 for the warm up/cool down).

exercise.png
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    4/19 - 3.6 miles exercise bike
    1.32 mile walk

exercise.png
  • pigote
    pigote Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Sat 4/19

2.36 Miles on the treadmill today = 36.82

exercise.png
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Sorry, forgot yesterdays miles.

yesterday 4.72

today 5.73

total miles to date 91.32
  • commit1440
    commit1440 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    back home & getting caught up on everything
    4/19 - 21 miles (jogging & bike)
    April total 70

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    What a day! I'm 'babysitting' a 4 months puppy for the next few days! I feel like I have kids again but what a heart breaker!!!! It's too cute for how its own dang good!! If I didn't already have a dog, cats, horses, hens & rabbits, I would seriously think about keeping it!!

So.... I walked 7 miles today while working outside & walking/running after/with/without/over/beside/in front/behind the pup.:laugh:

1655-exercise-the-more-serious-you-are-the-more-fun-it-becomes_380x280_width.png

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.