Replies

• santiagoivonne22
    santiagoivonne22 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you team for your support! its much appreciated

as an update to the mini-challenge

15 lunges (3x)

25 minutes stationary bike

I'm doing more in my workouts, but these i add to push myself. Excited to be able to push myself due to the support of the Orange Team. You guys are amazing!
  • faerytale
    faerytale Posts: 17
    Options
    Great job on the push in the mini challenge Ivonne!

An update for me:
    Still recovering from having all my wisdom teeth out. You have no idea how crazy I've been getting from not being able to eat solid food... But I went out for a walk yesterday and feel better. Going to try some light stationary biking today and can't wait til I'm all healed up :)

I read this morning that Courtney (corky90) isn't feeling too well. Maybe stopping by her profile to drop off some get-well-soons will cheer her up.

Hope all is well with everyone else and we see a great change in the coming weeks!
  • corky90
    corky90 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    thank you NANCY!!!! :)

Ivonne, I am so sorry for your loss..... let me know if there is anything I can do to help ... even if you just need someone to talk to
  • FancyPantsFran
    FancyPantsFran Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Hi Orange Team

Today did one hour of core circuit training & 20(each leg) 0f the curtsey lunges. Hope everyone is having a great day. Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow so I can get in a 30 minute run. I am running in my second 5k on the 19th and I need to get my butt back in running mode outside
  • 18minutesorless
    Options
    Hey Orange team! :) Today I did 60 mins on the elliptical and my legs are super sore now. :P I'm loving the mini challenge idea...way to go team!!
  • s258705r
    s258705r Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hello Orange Team!

I'm Stephanie and I started MFP a few months ago at 235 lbs. Since then, I have lost 16 lbs, and my goal is to get to 200 during this challenge. From there, my goal is to get to a healthy BMI for my 5 feet,4 inches. My workout plan is mostly Jillian Michaels' DVDs (I am doing 30 day shred and kickboxing fast fix now) until the weather gets nice enough to exercise outside. I am so happy to be on a team of enthusiastic participants! You guys are so motivating and encouraging :)
  • s258705r
    Options
    Nancy-

It looks like we have quite a bit in common.

I'm also 5'4 and currently 219 (restarted MFP at 230) and my 27th birthday is May 26. I look forward to getting to know you even more during the challenge :)
  • faerytale
    Options
    Hi Stephanie,

I was just about to point out how similar we were after reading your intro post! I'm down to 222 lbs right now and my goal is also 200 for the challenge ;) Keep at it & have fun! We have a pretty great team of ladies here.

I've been lightly working out again after a few days of rest, did 90 mins of stationary biking and feel good about it <3

Random Note:
    Already planning out healthy picnics for when it gets warmer (I live 10 mins walk from the beach). Any suggestions welcome.
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    60 mins of cardio done 45 minutes running....15 min walking and as of today 50 curtsey lunges
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Aw bummer, up half a pound. Next week will be better. There won't be two basketball championships to watch and have a drink for (GO UCONN!!). And today is my birthday, so probably too many calories today but then I will do better. Next week is April break so I won't be subbing for a couple days. I can make more time to go to gym/walk outside.
    And I have done 15 curtsy lunges per leg so far. Will probably finish them tonight.

How'd everybody else do?
  • corky90
    Options
    60 min cardio done !!!!!! it was so nice out yesterday I got out and walked 3 miles :):) and now down 0.4 lbs
  • s258705r
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lifeisspiffy :)
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Connie!!!

Sounds like everyone is having a good week! I have well over my 60 mins of cardio but haven't done the curtsy lunges yet. It seems as though the mini challenge this week isn't much of a challenge for this group (at least the cardio part) so I think I will make next week's challenge a bit harder :bigsmile:
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Birthday Connie!!!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you team! Had a great dinner, which put me way over calories but I will be back in good form tomorrow.

On to week 2 =D
  • corky90
    Options
    happy late birthday Connie!!!!!!
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Friday Orange Team!!!!! Plan on finishing up the rest of my curtsy lunges...need 30 more and going for a run. Will be doing a treadmill or track run tonight. Raining here and the trail will be muddy and slippery. Hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!!!
  • faerytale
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday Connie! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself :)

I started eating solid food again (grilled salmon, meatloaf, etc) and it was DELICIOUS!!! Takes me about a year and a half to eat it at the rate I go but I don't mind.

Today is Friday, so I'm going to go put my weight in on the spreadsheet. Down 6 lbs (I gained 2 over the last couple days so that's why it's not an 8 anymore... but I'll take a 6!). If you need help inputting your weight into the spreadsheet, just send me a message.

My goal for next week is to exercise more, maybe try out a couple dvds.
    What about everyone else?
  • s258705r
    Options
    Woohoo! 2nd place...not bad at all. You guys did great this week. Let's go into week 2 just as strong and show the other teams how great team orange really is :)
  • FancyPantsFran
    Options
    Happy Sunday Orange team!!! We did great our first week!!!

Congrats Nancy

Loved having our team mini challenge. Finished the rest of my curtsey lunges yesterday

Hope every one is enjoying their day!!!