After "Dead" Chat

Options
Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
Screw_zps52c09052.gif

Well, it's all over folks! I hope everyone had a great time and met the goals they had set for themselves for this challenge.
As many of you already know, this challenge was a great success and we have decided to do it again for Season 5. Looks like the air date is this October, but no specific date has been released. In the meantime, those wanting to keep in touch and help think up ideas on how we can improve the next challenge are welcome to stay here in this group and chat, plan and have mini challenges. We'll keep this group going until we start the next one.

So please feel free to comment on what you would like to see added (or taken away) from the next challenge. Everyone who completed this challenge and joins the next, will be given a special Secret Alumni Power to use sometime during the next challenge. I would also like to keep the weight training in the next challenge, as well as the optional combat related cardio and macro setting because these components are big keys to success. And I would also like to end next season with another round of player made Fitspirations.... just because WOW.... so many of you did some crazy awesome ones! I hope you know how inspirational those are, especially to new members.:flowerforyou: So it's definitely a great way to pay it forward.

So, thanks for participating! What an awesome group you all were. :love: :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    A big thank you Cindy for all your hard work and knowledge towards weight loss and fitness. i lost 12 lbs this challenge and learned lots of new things. Thank you. Team Carol was absolutely fabulous! I'm so proud to captain such an amazing and inspiring team. Can't wait to start the next one!

I think team Carol wants to remain team Carol but we are happy to add any other teams if they want to join. If that's an option that is. lol
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Sara, I had a great time too!

One thought I have is to have fewer teams, but still character based, of course. We could have a team Rick, Daryl, Michonne and Carl, (the fighters), a team Glenn, Maggie, Sasha, Bob, (the lovers). Abraham, Rosita, Tara and Eugene, (the brains). And Beth (the lost), Carol and Tyreese (the steadfast? The rescuers??? The untrapped?)... And of course, the zombies....:laugh:

Maybe a terminus team? On Talking Dead, someone called them the Termites, :laugh: Would anyone even join Team Termite?:huh: Talk about hitting your protein macros. :laugh:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Cindy - thank you, thank you, thank you! for this wonderful challenge. It was great fun, I made lots of new friends and I feel I am a little bit more prepared for the ZA.

I saw today there is a reality tv show in the making called Zombie Bootcamp where teams have to prepare for the ZA and each week three members of the losing team have to go out and fight the zombies, with only two members able to make it back to base. At the end of the show, the winning team has to go out and fight a horde of zombies - including the fallen teams. It sounds fun - but they've got nothing on us! :drinker:

I like the idea of combining the teams for season 5. I love team Carl, but I hope to be up to team Michonne level by October, so it will be nice if we can all band up together.

I also like the idea of mini challenges to tide us over to October. Count me in!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cindy. And thanks to all the team captains who also worked so hard to keep this challenge going. it was lots of fun, now how to entertain myself till October...
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

I saw today there is a reality tv show in the making called Zombie Bootcamp where teams have to prepare for the ZA and each week three members of the losing team have to go out and fight the zombies, with only two members able to make it back to base. At the end of the show, the winning team has to go out and fight a horde of zombies - including the fallen teams. It sounds fun - but they've got nothing on us! :drinker:

That sounds awesome! Is it an American show or is it happening this side of the pond?
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I really had fun in the challenge also! It was a nice jumpstart for me, as I hadn't been active prior to joining. This was just a beginning for me, and I am still learning, and experimenting and finding what works well for me and my body. I will check back here often and stay in touch!
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Team Carol for the over all win!!

Thank you to Cindy and all the team moderators for pulling this together and to all my fellow Michonne teamates for all your hard work! Cant wait for the next challenge!!
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I must say that for my first ever challenge this has been fun for the most part. Thank you to everyone that helped me along the way and the new friends that I have made and a Big Thank you to Cindy for hard work. I did good I missed my goal by one pound ( that sucks ) but it is better than I thought I would do and when I weighed in two day's later I had made it......LOL so I am happy. Can't wait to see what I can do next time and sorry for being such a pain in the a**. :blushing:
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cindy, for organizing the challenge. Thank you for the captains for keeping the teams focused, especially Sara, and TJ.

Proud to be part of Team CAROL :heart:
  • Georgielee37
    Georgielee37 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes I must say Thanks to Tj for not only being my teams captain but for also being a great sis and making do what needed to be done even when I didn't want to. I would not have done as well without your help :flowerforyou:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cindy, for organizing the challenge. Thank you for the captains for keeping the teams focused, especially Sara, and TJ.

Proud to be part of Team CAROL :heart:

I want to 2nd this as well. thank you Cindy for being one of my friends so I could find this group, thank you to my team and all the players for the punishments I had to do because they helped a lot. this is a great group and I am sticking around.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Thanks Cindy for all your awesomeness! The challenge was great. Of course I am in for the next one!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Thank you Cindy and Sara A I haven't been able to get to my scale a lot through this but I know I lost at least albs. And NOW I can see my toes not my belly! YES!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I want to add my thanks for the great challenge to Cindy and all her helpers. :flowerforyou:

Team Carol will be a force to be reckoned with next season! :happy:
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options

That sounds awesome! Is it an American show or is it happening this side of the pond?

I know, it does! It was thought up by Australians, but I don't know where the show is going to be produced. I'm sure it will do well though and get sold to every country.

@kawookie - I saw your fitspo today. Woot! Congrats. Very inspiring. :drinker:

And CONGRATULATIONS TEAM CAROL! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: So jealous of your super power! :laugh:
  • christopherphillips1983
    Options
    I'm a few days late to the party, but I also wanted to say thanks to Cindy, as well as to the rest of my group that actually stuck through it till the end; all both of you! lol. Team Rick was the smallest one in the Advanced bracket from the start and only got smaller as time went on; I personally enjoyed being part of a small team and knowing that every inch I pushed myself would be reflected in the team's scores to a great degree. I'm looking forward to running through this again with you guys when the next season starts.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Only had minimal exercise this week - it was AWESOME!! Now I just have to get tax season over and I can get back into a more normal workout and work routine.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Time to start thinking about mini challenges! Who has an idea?
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,554 Member
    Options
    I need the mini challenge I just don't feel like doing anything today, I did some weights but thats about all
  • Zombieinkpot
    Options
    How about this for a mini challenge - this week aim for 300 minutes of cardio and 90 minutes of strength training?