2014 Self Challenge - Prepping for Summer

Replies

• JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    I am up a few pounds this week (thanks TOM). I'll log it in and move on. I am doing good so we'll see what next week reflects.

Jo
  • jemsurf
    jemsurf Posts: 168 Member
    1.2 pound loss this week, which makes 4 pounds in 2 weeks :-) I'm hopeful that next week I can get into the 180s!!!! Tall order and will require lots of effort.

Happy Losing All
    Jen
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Lost 1.4 which brings me back to my starting point. The only good thing is I really think I am getting into a groove. I have a lot of activities planned in May which should help me work toward my goal. I have a 5K on sunday and 10K two weeks from Sunday, and a Tough mudder at the end of the month. Training for those (and a triathalon and Spartan race in June) should keep me motivated to keep moving through the rest of this challenge.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 730 Member
    Lost 1.7 this week!
  • jitsuda
    jitsuda Posts: 230 Member
    Lost 1 and back to the starting weight.

Apparently yesterday was a national lemonade day and they asked me to judge lemonades at the fair.. Not good calories wise but they were so good -- taste wise :))))
  • julslenae
    julslenae Posts: 38 Member
    I'm a little late to the party but thought I'd join and see if it helps me reach my goal. :)
  • jemsurf
    I'm a little late to the party but thought I'd join and see if it helps me reach my goal. :)

WELCOME!!!!!! We are glad to have you.

Happy Losing,
    Jen
  • julslenae
    julslenae Posts: 38 Member
    Thanks Jen!
  • kerricus
    kerricus Posts: 165 Member
    So thrilled by the scale this morning. I know it's kind of stupid--scales lie--but I'm happy nonetheless.

I remember being in high school and desperately wanting to weigh 132lbs. I don't know why, but I liked that number. I'm below that now. It feels amazing!
  • jemsurf
    I lost 2.6 pounds this week. I'm finally in the 180s for the first time in over 10 years.

Congrats kerricus!!!!!!!!!!! Great job :-)

Happy Losing All,
    Jen
  • mamarundrc
    Gained 0.8. Dissappointed but not surprised. I think it is probably a lot of water weight since I have been horrible about water consumption. I am going to play around with my goals and see if I can get something started.

At least my activity level is increasing. Now if I can get my food under control I should see some progress.
  • JRIV60
    JRIV60 Posts: 732 Member
    Evening peeps, I lost my TOM weight however I am back to where I was on April 11th (4 weeks ago). :grumble:

However, I am really looking forward to these next few weeks. I just finished my online class so my evenings and weekends will be more freed up to focus on these last 7-9lbs. I spent 2 hours this evening cleaning off the back porch and ridding the weight bench of the dust and pollen. Between the weekday work walks, elliptical, weights and our challenges this year will be my year. :glasses:

Oh and Dani I have not forgotten about the daily challenge for this week. I had my final this week (Tuesday-Wednesday plus studying) so this week was pretty intense. I owe you a lot of exercise for this week so I will complete it all and post tomorrow just for you girl. :drinker:

xo,

Jo
  • psibaby
    psibaby Posts: 88 Member
    Hello everyone, I am losing less than a pound a week. At this point I need to average 1.5 a week. For those that typically lose more than a pound when they weigh in, are you exercising? I think that is the next thing I need to add into my routine, ACTIVITY! It is hard to get motivated to move, but that may be what I need to move the scale.
  • jemsurf
    Exercise is key. Changing a diet will only get you so far before your body needs more. Typically a good starting point is to do something active 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes and work your way up from there. Currently I work out 4 days a week with strength training in the morning and I run/walk 3.5 miles 5 evenings. Your body will thank you for the increased energy and less fat storage :-) Hope this helps.

Happy Losing,
    Jen
  • psibaby
    That is helpful! I have not been motivated to exercise is over a year, but this week I have decided to make a change. Did 25 minutes of cardio yesterday (asthma kicked in) and 45 minutes of cardio today. My plan is to move for at least 30 minutes everyday for 100 days. Hopefully the scale will reflect my recent addition of activity.
  • mamarundrc
    Hello everyone, I am losing less than a pound a week. At this point I need to average 1.5 a week. For those that typically lose more than a pound when they weigh in, are you exercising? I think that is the next thing I need to add into my routine, ACTIVITY! It is hard to get motivated to move, but that may be what I need to move the scale.

When I was having the most success (1-2 lbs a week) I was walking daily for 30 minutes and exercising for at least 45 (additional) minutes 3-5 days a week. With that being said, I was also unemployed so I had more than enough time to be very active if I put my mind to it. I have been stalled pretty much this whole year. I do think exercise is key. It is less about the calories you burn but more about developing muscle mass and losing fat. Cardio is good and necessary for overall health, but also try to add in some strength training to develop core muscles and lean muscle mass. This will really help you lose fat and overall weight without losing muscle.
  • psibaby
    I did it! I have been working out for at least 30 minutes each day for 9 days straight and this week I loss 2.2!
  • jemsurf
    I did it! I have been working out for at least 30 minutes each day for 9 days straight and this week I loss 2.2!

AWESOME JOB!!!!! Exercise makes such a huge difference.
  • tobiasmom
    tobiasmom Posts: 161
    I'm starting very late, but hey, still 6 weeks to go! Should be able to achieve something :) Want to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit when summer really hits!
  • jemsurf
    I'm starting very late, but hey, still 6 weeks to go! Should be able to achieve something :) Want to feel more comfortable in my swimsuit when summer really hits!

Welcome to the group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Losing,
    Jen