Replies

• R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options

Green: Yes
    Total: 18 / 25

Blue: Yes
    Total 21/30

Today was my first attempt at "fasting". I don't know that it was low enough to really qualify as fasting by anyone's REAL standards. But it was a challenge and it did help me stay focused. My schedule got messed up with meetings - but I substituted a lower calorie option than what I had originally planned. I did take a "snack" with me in case I got crazy hungry. But I kept reminding myself that it's good to feel true hunger and that this was temporary...and time passed.

As predicted, the hardest part of the day was when I came home and saw all the regular food options in my face. (And some of those naughty seasonal treats as well) The evening has passed pretty quickly and I hope to head to bed early tonight. So I am chalking this day up to a success.

Both motivating and depressing----my "if every day" message today was my first goal weight. So as hard as it was---at least I can see that there is hope. :glasses:
  • JennyKCarty
    JennyKCarty Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    4/20 Green- Yes
    Blue- Yes

4/21- Blazing RED!!!!!!
    Blue-Yes

I did sooooo good yesterday. Went to a boxing class with a friend, went on a walk. Clearly did not see my family for Easter, so was able to treat it like any other day.
    However, today all the treats were left over at work. I had it all!!!!! Then Pizza and Cheese sticks for dinner. The cheat day is logged and I'm moving on!!!

Also Sunday morning I finally moved my ticker.....Eh, it was nice for a day!!!!

So everyone who is struggling, let's bring it in for a team huddle.....1,2,3...FOCUS!!!!!!! Reel it back in and finish strong!

***************spreadsheet updated*******************
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Today - April 21st
    Red - But not by too much.. but not enough to sneak in "my style" either
    total: 15/21

Yes... that is 6 red days.. but the good news is that for the entire month I am still averaging about 80 calories green per day which is great. I keep a cumulative spreadsheet.

The reason:
    1. Not to get "down" on myself for having red days (they are natural and expected)
    2. But, on the flip side, not use a red day as an excuse to totally undo weeks of work by going crazy.

That is the secret.... if I go red.. I still put on the brakes because I know that I am still tracking for the WHOLE MONTH!

I know .. I know TL:DR :flowerforyou: :drinker:

YEs Water
    21/21
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @R_Queenie - I know that you have put a lot of planning into what you are doing... good luck :smile:
    @JB - Great pep talk and thanks again for updating the sheets :drinker:
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    April 21
    Green - yes
    21/30

Got a lot done at work today, but it felt like I was there forever. Then I had to do one of those a mad dash cleanings because I misplaced something that I need tomorrow. Turns out that my 17 year old found it and put it away in a different place, but by the time he told me I had half the room decluttered anyway and so I finished. I am SUCH a pack rat sometimes. New goal for the week: get rid of all the clothes that don't fit my 7 year old anymore.

R_Queenie: fasting will get easier. I do it most Fridays for religious purposes. 2-3 snack sized meals and one real one, no meat other than fish. It's such a habit now that I don't even think about it. It was a habit before MFP, so it doesn't have any effect on my weight that I've noticed, but I do think it's good for my mind and spirit:heart: . It's probably 500-800 calories less for me, depending on the Friday.

ETA: JB - red days happen. Mine usually sneak up on me too. Thanks for the pep talk. I need to focus on better nutrition, not just on red/green.

Chevy - I like the idea of tracking for the whole month. I may try that in May just to watch my trends. I am having a harder time eating all of my maintenance calories than I ever had staying green while losing. Maybe reducing my green days goal and setting a goal for the month would help. Something I'll think about over the next few days. thanks for the idea.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    *The struggling sojourner stumbles into the ranch (watering hole? - I might need a better metaphor.) *

April 19
    Green: Nope
    Blue: Yep

April 20
    Green: 'ell no

April 21
    Green: Yup (but only with counting "exercise" I usually wouldn't)

I might need an intervention folks. I have no idea what has gotten in to me but it appears that I've turned into a little piggy. I just couldn't say no to ice cream tonight. Or pizza or candy or food in general yesterday... or the buffet at church the evening before that. I may need to lock myself in my bedroom for a day or two until this insanity has passed...
  • ktaylormusic
    ktaylormusic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    April 21
    Okay, reined it in, back on track -- knowing I wouldn't make my goal here unless i get every day green 'til the 30th made me walk away from the hot cross buns, the chocolate... But it wasn't hard because I'd really had my fill of that stuff, and it would've only been eating it because "oh whatever, I blew the weekend so what's a few hundred calories more" and having this challenge -- and my ever-ticking birthday countdown helps.

So:
    Green: yes
    Blue: yes

@Kawookie: don't worry. Big picture, my friend. A few days here and there won't matter in the long run. But just keep logging. I found this weekend that having it give me the "if every day was like today" and it being my weight last fall, was quite effectively alarming. wow, that was some terrible grammar, but you know what I mean.
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    April 21
    Green: NO
    Total: 16/25

Total: 21/30
  • marjanet
    marjanet Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My apologies for the late posts however, the good news is I have been both green and blue on all days. Therefore my totals as of April 21st are:

Blue 21/30
    Green 21/30

Seems my biggest challenge is getting signed in to record my days. Will try to do better this week.

Cheers, M
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    April 21st

Green: Yes
    Total: 21/28

Blue: Yes, again barely
    Total: 21/30
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    9th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 8/25
    Water: Yes
    Total/Goal: 9/25

10th: Green: Yes (A 'Chevy')
    Total/Goal: 10/25

11th: Green: No
    Total/Goal:11 /25

12th: Green: No
    Total/Goal: 12/25

13th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 10/25
    Total/Goal: 13/25

14th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 11/25
    Total/Goal: 14 /25

15th: Green: Yes (a Chevy)
    Total/Goal: 12/25
    Total/Goal: 15/25

16th: Green: Yes (a Chevy)
    Total/Goal: 13/25
    Total/Goal: 16/25

17th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 14/25
    Total/Goal: 17/25

18th: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 15/25
    Total/Goal: 18 /25

19th:Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 16/25
    Total/Goal: 19/25

20th: Green: Yes (a Chevy - minus 14 which I'm impressed with)
    Total/Goal: 17/25
    Total/Goal: 20/25

21st: Green: Yes
    Total/Goal: 18/25
    Total/Goal: 21/25

@R_Queenie - you're fast day went well and was well planned - you're a star ✨

@Jbharwood - your good cheer makes me feel good - love the idea of a group huddle

@Chevy - of course I read it!!

@Melissa - you're a great support.

@Kawookie - such madness appears to be part of the cycle - fortunately they're not too frequent
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: No. Pizza happened.
    Total 18/25

Total 22/30

Bad news: I went stupid crazy with the pizza. Stupid. Crazy. :noway:
    Good news: I may have made myself sick. I am literally in pain. I am hoping for a lasting effect to a. reduce cravings and b. prevent me from EVER eating this much again.

Fasting went well yesterday. Going to try it tomorrow again. I am expecting it to be harder as I will be home---and home way too often means over eating. Why??? It's not like I don't have naughty options at work too. I just don't get derailed as often or as large. Anyway, back to fasting tomorrow. Going to aim a little lower this time. (600) Expecting lots of hot tea. :huh:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    April 21st
    Green - No way
    15/21
    Water Yes
    21/21

April 22nd
    Green - No - but in better "control" -
    Water Yes
    22/22

@melissaphippsFeagans - Interesting take on looking at the whole month and how green days are treated. It really is about seeing the big trends for a lifetime :-)

@kawookie - You will be fine :-) - The great thing is that you are still loggin! :-)

@ktaylor - great job getting back! :-)

@Bruceapple - great to see you still going!

@marjanet - Belive me I know how that signing in thing goes! :-)

@scherzie - Really cool avatar! :-)

@k80flec - You are getting it done (and doing well on the myac!) :-)

@R_Queenie - Pizza "happened to me yesterday " :-)
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    4/22
    Green- Yes
    Blue - Yes

"pizza happened" (leftovers at my house) but I did a lot of exercise today and was not derailed by sweets. Sodium was 4000+, ouch!!!! So I'm chugging the water. It looks like many of us really hit a hurdle this past week, but we are getting it back together.
    I'm so impressed by those of you that report in Green everyday. Outstanding!!!!! :flowerforyou:

****************spreadsheet updated*******************

Kawookie-I'm missing some days from you , can you fill them in please?
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    *Sigh*
    Transparency and all that:

In the last 7 days I am 3/7 green. Boo. I have updated the spreadsheet for me to be accurate (rather than being blank). It is really motivating to get off my @ss.
  • R_Queenie
    Options

Green: Yes (fasting day)
    Total 19/25

Total 23/30
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    April 22 & 23
    green - yes (with exercise)
    23/30

Went for my annual employee wellness profile today. If we don't go do it our insurance premium is doubled. Did fasting labs - which saves me paying for them because I'll fax these results over to my PCP, weighed in at 153.2 lbs and my blood pressure was 94/56. I've lost 44.4 pounds since last year's profile. Take that health police! :bigsmile:
  • Scherzie
    Scherzie Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    @MelissaPhipps--- That is fantastic!!! Quite an accomplishment!

April 22nd and 23rd

Green: Yes to both
    Total: 23/28

Blue: Yes to both (barely but I managed)
    Total: 23/28
  • R_Queenie
    Options
    @MelissaPhipps----that has GOT to feel SO GOOD!!!! Yeah YOU!!!!:drinker:
  • JennyKCarty
    Options
    4/23- Green-yes
    Blue-yes

I finally feel like I have a handle on things again!

Edited to add- I surpassed my goal of 140 miles walked for the month of April in the Move Your @ss Challenge. Woot, Woot!!!!

@melissa-I bet your fasting labs are going to be amazing too!

@kawookie- it's ok, sometimes your body and your brain says "ENOUGH, feed me all the foods" I know you'll turn it back around. Maybe it is time to back off your deficit if you are getting close to your goal?

****************spreadsheet updated*******************