May Monthly Challenge: Calorie Burning Hours!

Options
jasneet12
jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
Time for the May Challenge!

Sign up and confirm the minimum hours you will spend burning those pesky calories. You can do any form of exercise; walking/cardio/strength...its your choice!

how will we calculate the hours:
if you do 45 minutes of exercise per day for 20 days in May; total number of hours = (45minutes*20 days)/60 minutes per hour = 15 hours

we shall check in on every Saturday starting from 3rd May, 10th May, 17th May, 24th May & 31st May

so please pledge in your hours and work it out!

i pledge 18 hours for May 2014.

Replies

• Naruto4ever
    Naruto4ever Posts: 112
    Options
    Done.... Am gonna do 24 hours for the month.... 1440 minutes....
  • awesomeat30
    awesomeat30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all..pls help.its been a month and my scales have not budged from 67.don t know where I am going wrong. .infact I have increased my workout duration and level.i keep a very strict watch on what I eat. Still no result.pls help
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I can commit to 18 hours. which gets me approx. 36 mins a day. Mine will mostly be dancing though. :tongue:
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Hi all..pls help.its been a month and my scales have not budged from 67.don t know where I am going wrong. .infact I have increased my workout duration and level.i keep a very strict watch on what I eat. Still no result.pls help

Hi maybe you need to vary your workout routine. if you are doing the same type of exercise again and again; you use the same muscles. variation is very important. try out something new this month. if you are walking only, try the cardio and strength exercises on fitness blender. if you are only doing cardio, try out weight training. or join an aerobic or zumba class nearby. that should help break the plateau
  • awesomeat30
    awesomeat30 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

Hi maybe you need to vary your workout routine. if you are doing the same type of exercise again and again; you use the same muscles. variation is very important. try out something new this month. if you are walking only, try the cardio and strength exercises on fitness blender. if you are only doing cardio, try out weight training. or join an aerobic or zumba class nearby. that should help break the plateau
    Hi..I m ryt now into using cross trainer dat I hav at home.i guess il use tread mill as well.i m also into kathak.this is truly all I can do..lets see..
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Sorry I was lost in April challenge. But need to get serious in weight loss. I pledge 20 hours or 1200 min. workout in May. Will start with dragging myself to gym first :) Mostly it will be elliptical, walking and yoga.
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Realistically will get 600 minutes for the month of May .Will start small and try to build on it as I go.
  • jasneet12
    Options
    So here is the summary of the pledged hours:

Jasneet - 18 hours
    Naruto4ever - 24 hours
    HappilyRubina - 18 hours
    Sanya77 - 20 hours
    Fitnessdaily - 10 hours
    Aakashwar - 30 hours

Total Hours Pledged: 120 hours!

YAYA!!! Good Luck People!
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Challenge begins...
    May 1st: 60 minutes upper body strength and 45 minutes walking@4mph.. Total : 105 minutes

Minutes left: 1335/1440..:smile:
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Time for the May Challenge!

Sign up and confirm the minimum hours you will spend burning those pesky calories. You can do any form of exercise; walking/cardio/strength...its your choice!

how will we calculate the hours:
    if you do 45 minutes of exercise per day for 20 days in May; total number of hours = (45minutes*20 days)/60 minutes per hour = 15 hours

we shall check in on every Saturday starting from 3rd May, 10th May, 17th May, 24th May & 31st May

so please pledge in your hours and work it out!

i pledge 18 hours for May 2014.

Hey jasneet,
    Was thinking instead of weekly.. Why not log in minutes everyday... It ll keep us more accountable..
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Sure, can do! esp because FitnessPal weekly report on exercise minutes considers weeks starting on monday.

so lets log it daily!

35 minutes for me today.
  • positive2015
    positive2015 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    May 1st Thur- 17 minutes walking
    40 minutes weight training
    Total - 57/ 600
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Hey rubina, sanya... Common guys... Missing u in the forums... Keep the chirping up.... Nowadays mfp takes up most of my. Internet browsing time... But it is fun with all of u guys...:smile:
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Walking: 75 min@ 4mph..
    Total done 180 minutes..
    Left minutes: 1260/1440
    Just trying to control my diet better.. N the weight loss wagon will move..:bigsmile:
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    May 1st: 45 min. walk
  • Akashswar
    Akashswar Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I pledge 30 hours...............
  • Akashswar
    Options
    MAY 3rd Two hours of brisk walking.........
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Good job guys.... Lets do it....
    Today's excercise: strength: 60 minutes
    Walking: 75 minutes..
    Minutes done today: 135 minutes.... Total minutes done this month: 315
    Minutes left: 1125 /1440:drinker:
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Surya Namaskars + elliptical cycle + Yoga stretching = 50 minutes.
    Total minutes in this month = 200 minutes
    Balance remaining =577 of 1080 minutes (18 hours)
  • Akashswar
    Options
    GUD JOSH FRIENDS.................WELCOMED THE SUNDAY MORNING WITH TWO HOUR BRISK WALK..............DAMN TIRING

FOUR HOURS CONTRIBUTED : 26 LEFT