May Monthly Challenge: Calorie Burning Hours!

Options

Replies

• Naruto4ever
    Naruto4ever Posts: 112
    Options
    Saturday, 17.05 : walking @4mph 75 minutes
    Minutes left in the challenge: 420/1440:smile:
    Jasneet@ decided not to step on weighing scale this month as i was getting to obssessed with the numbers... And was beginning to to think of excercise as a punishment.... But this month am really enjoying my walks and excercise.... :wink:
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    @Naruto true exercise should be fun! :)

im taking a two day rest break due to excess work pressure and related late nights.
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Hi guys... Today went hiking... 60 minutes
    Minutes left:360/1440:smile:
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Excercise on monday: strength training : 75 minutes.
    Minutes left this month: 285/1440
    Minutes done: 1165/1440:smile:
  • jasneet12
    Options
    I hate skipping my exercise! :mad: 3rd day of rest today! totally unwanted and unplanned! :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1312 minutes done, 488 minutes remaining.
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    @ yogesh... Gr8 going....
    @ jasneet... Three days rest will help u work hard next 4 days... Enjoy ur break guilt free..... That makes it worth it....
    By the way have u tried resistance band excercises for strength training....
  • anjalimangala
    anjalimangala Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    315 mins to go....:smile: out of 450:tongue: ...small steps but im keeping it sustainable this time around :smile:
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @Anjali love the DP! Its soo fantastically in your face! :love: :love:

@Naruto Yup true! going to push myself the rest of this week. 45 minutes done today! :happy:

Ive just bought resistance bands for the days when im travelling and have to work out in hotel rooms but I still have to try them out. (still to receive delivery of the handle) i went with SKLZ. so this is what i will soon have:
    http://www.liveyoursport.com/products/sklz-life-line-tripple-grip-handle-resistance-tube (handle)
    http://www.flipkart.com/sklz-training-cable-pro-20-resistance-tube/p/itmdmterfnebb9ke?pid=RTBDMTEH6UT6EXWF&otracker=from-search&srno=t_4&query=sklz&ref=02c0fc73-1be3-4362-bbe6-f5958f3ba0cf ( i bought combo 4 ie tubes with resistance of 10 lbs, 20 & 40)

have you worked with resistance bands? how different is it from dumbbells? and how effective?
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Took unscheduled rest yesterday...
    Today: walking:35 minutes n strength training: 85 minutes..
    Total for today: 120 minutes
    Minutes left this month:165/1440...

@jasneet : haven't tried resistance bands yet... Searching for good videos... Will let u know...
  • jasneet12
    Options
    I was feeling just too lethargic this morning! Pushed for 35 minutes only..,

324 minutes to go! the clock is ticking away!
  • yogeshsarkar
    yogeshsarkar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Thanks Naruto.

Done with 1452 minutes this month, another 348 minutes to go.
  • TorshaDattaChoudhuri
    Options
    Okay. Advance apologies to the moderator and everyone.
    New on the group.
    Where do I introduce myself and stuff?
    Also, half may is gone. So, I pledge 30 minutes daily for whatever time is left,
    Cheers. :-D
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Welcome Torsha...no apologies needed; just hop on board and counting your minutes :happy:
  • TorshaDattaChoudhuri
    Options
    Did 40 minutes swimming in the pool.
    But since I was just splashing the kids during play time,probably should count only 35.
    What did everyone else do?
  • Naruto4ever
    Options
    Minutes done today: 75 minutes.. Walking@4mph..
    Minutes left this month: 90/1440....

Started c25k today.... With old sport injury of the knee... Find running difficult... Anyone else runs for excercise...:smile:
  • jasneet12
    Options
    Upper body strength training today... 40 minutes done!

284 to go!
  • TorshaDattaChoudhuri
    Options
    @naruto- I run once a week. So, not much. Trying to take that number up slowly. Flat foot combined with heavy weight giving me a hard time.
    @jasneet- do you train at home or in the gym?
  • jasneet12
    Options
    @Torsha I workout at home. Naruto has got me hooked on www.fitnessblender.com and then there is youtube and the zillion other websites & apps.
  • TorshaDattaChoudhuri
    Options
    Wow. I would really like to start strength training at home since my weight loss has practically stalled after the initial 20 kgs. The gym seems a little intimidating for now, frankly.
    I'll check out the site. Thanks.
    What equipments, if any, did you guys buy?