4th of July Challenge

Options

Replies

• cjaniexo
    cjaniexo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm Claire and I was recently sleeved 4/30/14. I am 5'4, 24 yrs old and from Houston :glasses:

Started going to seminars: 323 lb
    Started 4 week PreOp Diet: 311 lb
    Surgery Date: 291 lb
    Current weight: 273.8 lb

I have coworkers that have had WLS from the LapBand, to sleevers, and bypass.. but no one that I feel comfortable confiding in, so if anyone has any advice or tips I would love to hear them!

Thank you:flowerforyou:
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday, May 26th (Memorial Day) and the last weigh-in I will have will be Monday, June 30th. I'll be on vacation over-seas for the rest of that week, including 4th of July.

(HW (recorded) - August 2013 - 301)
    (SW - 270 - April 21, 2014)
    CW 237.4
    GW 218

I want to continue my cardio at least 5 days a week and start incorporating weight/strength training as soon as I'm cleared (I was sleeved on 4/21 and am now just 5 weeks post-op)

Almost 20 pounds is a lot, I know. But this goal has a couple of facets. Being 218 would be mean I would be at my lowest recorded weight as an adult (also the lowest weight in 10 years) AND I'll actually be on vacation to enjoy it! I would love to go on vacation rocking my brand new body. :)

If I don't make it, it'll be ok. I'll still be the lowest weight I've been in almost 10 years and happy, happy, happy! But I'm going to push myself and see how I do!

Good luck everyone!!

Hana
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in! How are all of you doing on your goals?

Each and every one of us has different goals and different things to stride for, but no matter what the goal, we all just have to keep pushing together! I know the road is bumpy, and I know how much it sucks to hit a plateau, but you WILL get through it, and you WILL keep pushing! Whenever I find myself struggling I sit back and remind myself of why I started all this in the first place and why I spend every moment of every day working my butt off (literally) to accomplish my goals. That scale can be your best friend, it can be your worst enemy. Whichever it is for you, just keep your head up, stay positive and keep being a badass! You will get to your goals as long as you work for them.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I'm checking in! How are all of you doing on your goals?

Each and every one of us has different goals and different things to stride for, but no matter what the goal, we all just have to keep pushing together! I know the road is bumpy, and I know how much it sucks to hit a plateau, but you WILL get through it, and you WILL keep pushing! Whenever I find myself struggling I sit back and remind myself of why I started all this in the first place and why I spend every moment of every day working my butt off (literally) to accomplish my goals. That scale can be your best friend, it can be your worst enemy. Whichever it is for you, just keep your head up, stay positive and keep being a badass! You will get to your goals as long as you work for them.

Here's my original post and status (happy guy posts first update! :wink: ):
    I'll give it a shot!

CW: 404
    July 1 Weight: 385
    Exercise: 25 trips to the gym

Hopefully by July I'll have a surgery date booked!

Rob

CW 380.8

16 trips to the gym down, 9 to go!
  • bel738
    bel738 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I been out for awhile but i am ready for change and a challange will do me good and accountable...

cw 305
    gw 250
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good so far. I was worried that maybe I wouldn't hit my goal (still a little) because the weight loss was SO SLOW. I have been doing a ton of hard work outside in the super high heat lately, too, and know I wasn't drinking enough water. I finally had lost some when I woke up yesterday, and all day was a relaxation day, it was cool, and even though I was only drinking a normal amount of water I was peeing all day, so I knew I was finally releasing the retained water from the days out in the sun doing heavy gardening & yard work.

Yep, another 1.1 pound drop this morning. Now I'm only 4 pounds from my goal and we have about a month. I've got this! :)
  • hkabashi82
    hkabashi82 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Original post:

(HW (recorded) - August 2013 - 301)
    (SW - 270 - April 21, 2014)
    Monday, May 26: 237.4
    Monday, June 2: 234.4 (CW)
    GW 218

I've started incorporating light weight training. I'm also continuing my cardio 4-5 days a week and i've added a workout video as well as the 30 days ab challenge. I'm feeling good and I'm hoping if I continue this way, watch what I eat, I just might hit my goal before I leave for vacation on July 1. :)
  • candi_girl24
    candi_girl24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My 4th of July challenge is always give a little more in my workouts. For example, instead of doing running for 20 mins, I'll run for 30 minutes. I really want to push myself to do better : -)
  • Losing_Sarah
    Losing_Sarah Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Only 1.1 lb to this challenge's goal and I'm on track with my exercise goal! Yay!
  • LolaBug85
    LolaBug85 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow! I love to see how many of you have joined this challenge! This is AWESOME! We still have about 3.5 weeks to go, so if you haven't joined the challenge, it's never too late!
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was recently sleeved on 4/7; down about 15 pounds so far. :-)

CW: 295
    GW: 270

Only 6 pounds from my challenge goal with almost a month to go! Hoping to be below 270 sometime next week. I sure do love my sleeve. :love:
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll try!

CW: 196
    GW: 185

CW: 186.2
    Only 1.2 lbs from goal and just under a month to go!
  • iloveal21
    iloveal21 Posts: 3
    Options
    Ok, I'm in and feeling very motivated!

CW 299
    GW 289

gym visits: at least 30 minutes 3 times a week.

<3

Good luck everyone!
  • madmags
    madmags Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am in.
    Currently Pre-op evaluation
    Current weight 355
    Goal Weight 345
  • lonirrt
    lonirrt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Exercise has always been an issue for me. Call me lazy or us disciplined I don't know. I have been now trying to swim or walk 3 days a week. I feel some movement is better than non I guess. Looking for friends and support. I am three years post sleeve and down 100#
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    lonirrt, for me, the hardest part is getting in the car to head to the gym. Once I get there, I jump on the machine (usually the elliptical) listen to some tunes and try to distract myself for the 45 minutes. I always feel good about getting done. Unfortunately, my downfall is giving in to excuses about why I don't need to go. The one day turns into a week, turns into a long time.

That's why this July challenge, I also challenged myself to get to the gym three times a week, which worked out to 25 trips. As of today, I made my 20th trip and have five more to go this month! feeling good!

Not sure if you belong to a gym, but try setting a number of trips challenge for yourself. Don't worry too much about what you do, just try to make going a habit. Who knows, you might actually start enjoying it!

Good luck!

Rob
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    OK, count me in!

CW: 222
    GW: 200

I am now at 205. I am pretty confident I will get to my goal, and maybe even have the bonus of dropping into one-derland for the first time in FOREVER! Fingers crossed!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'll try!

CW: 196
    GW: 185

CW: 186.2
    Only 1.2 lbs from goal and just under a month to go!

CW: 183.2
    Met and past my goal of 185, and still 16 more days to go!!!
  • SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    April731, You keep going girl. I had the sleeve done on May 5 and I'm down by 44 lbs. We can do this!
  • SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Exercise: 25 trips to the gym

Rob

12 down, 18 to go!

Good job! You're inspiring me.