May Chat

Options
ker95texas
ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
So i came in to see what's stirring in our young lives, and there was NO May Chat topic. WHAT? Fix that in a hurry, yuppers...

Not food/exercise or anything like that related, but today was a good day :drinker:

When we bought our first lake house, we also bought a boat. Shortly after we have it, Rick starts up with "we need a bigger boat. We need a bigger boat.' I actually agreed, so we sold that boat (at a loss) and bought a wonderful boat (over the internet - never even saw it until the truck pulled up in our driveway). Loved that boat. Until a storm two years ago knocked it off the boat lift it was destroyed. So, Rick says, "we needed a bigger boat anyway. We need a bigger boat.'. He did lots of research, and we bought a 25' World Cat. This thing is HUGE.

We try it out in Trinity Bay. Rides nice, but this thing is HUGE, and we need it for the lake. So darling Rick says ' we need a smaller boat. We need a smaller boat!'. We put the World Cat up for sale, and last summer bought the perfect boat (i hope).

The World Cat FINALLY got bought by someone today (at a loss). New owner loves it & will be using it it the Sea of Cortez.

And I have a huge part of my yard back, we have money in the bank, and i do NOT want to hear 'I need a bigger boat' again as long as we stay on this lake :laugh:

How is YOUR May going, friends and neighbors? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good morning!!!

I weighed myself this morning and I seem to have lost the weight I "gained" on the vacation. (a lot was water weight.. food was more salty than I'm used to)

And although I've been frustrated about my SLOOOOOOW progress I looked at the calendar and in a bit over a month although I've gone up and down a bit.. I DID lose a good solid 5 lbs.. which is good for a month, right? Especially a month that included a two week vacation? My ticker shows 7+ lbs but that was my lowest (which a whole pound came back the next day go figure) but I kept it there to chide myself. LOL

SO! onward to MAY and hopefully another 5 lbs. woo..

There are just sooo many things I would rather do than exercise... *smacks self*.

I'm glad you're happy with your boat now, Ker!!! It's nice when everything falls into place, isn't it??

I need to get busy around here... have a great day, everyone!

:love:
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    May is starting out pretty good for me and, hopefully, will stay that way. I am starting to feel energized after a winter of laziness and apathy. April was a month of travel (which was fantastic) and in a couple of weeks I think we will be off and running again. As my son told me when I complained that I was tired of all the travel "Mom, isn't that what retirement is all about?"

So, I guess I'll have to forget about getting a routine going and just take life--and exercise--as it comes. LOL
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I love the Saga of the boat and the bigger boat and the even bigger boat and the huge boat and the smaller boat.... :bigsmile:

May is going to be a tough month for me in terms of losing weight....... but a holiday in Venice will make it very special indeed....... hoping to get a good start so that I won't do too much damage while in Italy ...... of course I will be walking alot in Venice as there are no roads ..... boats of course,,,,small ones,,,bigger ones ...huge ones....lol

Just hoping for some nice weather and some time in the garden in the next couple of weeks ... :flowerforyou:

Hope we all have a great May in every possible way! :smile:

Jean
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Ker, Enjoyed your story very much.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies for all of your cheerfulness and the boat stories. Rick sounds just like our oldest son that lives in NC. He wanted a bigger boat so we bought the "small" one - small does not describe this boar - it is big. And the lake we are camping by all summer is about the size of our living room - not really but it is small. The boat is not small. Oh, well, everyone enjoys it!! We can ski quite a few behind it which is good.

We have been w/o internet all week-end but finally fixed today - all it took was sawing some limbs off the trees as we did not have a clear view of the tower.

It is soooo fun living in the country - no not all of the time! LOL

I am going to say Good-Night for now.
    Check with you all in the morning!!
    Reba
  • ACrowsDay
    ACrowsDay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was just invited by Ker to join this group. I'm Jen from New York. The country part of NY that is...couldn't ever see living in the city. I enjoyed your boat story too! I am from a family of lots of fishermen! We live near Cayuga and Seneca Lake...You made me laugh! We are on our way up to the "bigger" boat! Right now we have a 24 foot Lund...we need one with a top now ( for protection from sun and rain) and a cuddy (for a potty room) Why didn't he realize this before he bought this one??? Looks like a lot of fishing trips coming in May!
    Looking forward to this site! Jen:flowerforyou:
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Hello Jen!!! So glad you followed the breadcrumbs over to this wonderful group :happy:

Good to know that so many of us have boats (know you've all heard the definition of a boat - a hole in the water you throw money into...) and, apparently boat STORIES!

Poor Rick - I have so far refused to leave the lake this week - he (and friends) went back on Sunday evening. Currently seeing if he wants to come back up this weekend so I can just stay. I do 'the bum' quite well, if I say so myself :embarassed:

Edited to add: I am always happy to accept friend requests from anyone in this group. As long as you remember that personally, I think sanity is over-rated......
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love the boat stories - men eh?

Jean - Venice is wonderful - only been there a couple of times on fleeting visits, but would love to spend some proper time there. OH is Italian so one day maybe! Dream on.....and then she woke up!!

I'm just carrying on with the daily grind, trying to keep myself fit while OH's health just seems to get worse. Sometimes I feel guilty going to the gym while he has to go to bed, but I got myself really depressed last year by not doing anything, and now I have got myself out of it I'm determined to stay out of it.

Wish summer would come here, it is a bit warmer but I want sunshine because there is no holiday on the cards in the foreseeable future.

Ah well, time to pack up at work and get myself off to the gym. If I don't go straight from work then I'll end up not going at all!
  • ker95texas
    Options
    Good day - I got to go shopping in my spare closet(s) and found tops that fit now and hopefully shortly- many with tags still on them :bigsmile: AND can put one more pair from the stack of 'next size down' jeans into the mix

Getting tired of wearing stuff that is too big .:ohwell:
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I go to a local lake....but no boat od any size so...I just run round it! lol :laugh:

Hello and welcome Jen......... glad you could join us! :flowerforyou:

Despite travelling alot I had never been to Italy until a trip to Rome two years ago...I fell in love with it.....this trip next week will take us to Venice, Garda and Verona........ I am looking forward to strolling round the streets and sipping glasses of red wine sitting outside in the warm sunshine! Seems our hotels have wifi so hope I am able to log in ...not to tell you that I am stuffing pasta and tiramisu down me...but that I am running along the banks of Lake Garda...haha! :ohwell:

Jean
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    ...off now to paint my toe nails yellow! :tongue:

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Getting tired of wearing stuff that is too big
    Oh I am so excited for you Ker, I look so forward to that "problem"!!

...off now to paint my toe nails yellow!

For any special reason???
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    hayleyandpaigesgrandma Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a great day too. First let me say that I don't usually have alot of luck with lotteries, etc. But today I won the 50/50 draw at work. My sweet husband told me to take the money and buy myself something at my favorite clothing store. I managed to get a really nice pair of pants . The kids had given me a gift card for my birthday so I usend that to get some jeans. Plus I actually got over 4000 steps in.
    I love your boat story. We don't have a boat but have a trailer in a seasonal park. Unfortunately we haven't been able to get there yet because of the weather. Hopefully next weekend
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    toenails yellow...just because I can...lol Rebel rebel!

Just had a builder here this afternoon to replace some broken glass in my greenhouse....we ended up playing my guitar! As you do....lol:bigsmile:

Jean
  • Rebamae
    Options
    Another Kansas morning without wind!! But it is going to get HOT today and tomorrow. :sad: I walked already outside not sure if I will get out again or not.

We are meeting our DD, DSIL, and two of our beautiful Grands for dinner tonight. But I will be careful with choices! I love fish so that is usually fairly safe. We had steak last night so I know I will not do that. We will meet about 1 1/2 hrs from here at a wonderful airport steak house. If the wind isn't blowing too much maybe we will fly!! I haven't been in our plane for a long time.

Everyone have a tremendously great day!
  • ker95texas
    Options
    yellow toenails, private plane, boats, travelling and more... gosh I love this group :heart:

Off to do errands today. Husband and I have a 'date' ... believe it or not we're both going in for our VERY FIRST pedicure :laugh:

Oh - let me add for those who are trying to figure out how to get a profile picture on here. Have someone take your picture with a cell phone (or do a selfie) & email it to the account you check on your computer. Open the email on your computer and save/download the photo - remembering where you put it. On your profile page (when you click your own name at the very top), there is a button for 'edit photos'. 'Choose file' - you'll have to navigate through your computer to find the photo you just stored there - then 'upload photo'.

I don't remember if you have to then select it to be your profile picture or not..:huh: i want to see your beautiful faces, or at least the image you choose to represent you (says the aged, overweight fairy godmother...)
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I'm playing catchup with the group today. Internet, phone and tv were down the better part of Friday, and I played technician working with the phone tech to get all up and running. Ker, I loved your boat story. We used to have a 25ft SeaRay cabin cruiser. I truly believe that the first day and last day you own a boat are the best days.

My husband bought a little 16 ft Searay runabout 3 years ago come July. He has been in it once, and I have never been in it. He wants to use it for fishing, but never fishes (lol). So my son and granddaughter use it to go waterskiing in the river.

It's great to hear all of the stories and hear what everyone is doing. I am going to go out in the yard and tackle the leaves in my azalea bed again.

Pat
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hiya everyone!!

I have been busy doing a sewing project for a client and finally got THAT out of the way (except for mailing it).

That kind of thing kind of takes over my life.. I was bad and didn't exercise at all this past week; I was using the sewing as an excuse. Funny, most days I never got started on that project until after lunch anyway. ha.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!!
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,142 Member
    Options
    Good Day All: A warm welcome to all our new members :flowerforyou: ! The more the merrier. I haven't had time to post to our May chat (tks Ker for starting it! :drinker: ). I have been really busy these past few weeks getting my MIL's house ready to list. She is 92 and decided herself that it was time to move into a retirement residence. We have put a deposit down on a great place. It has a gourmet dining room (yep, we have eaten there a couple of times to try the food and meet some of the staff), lots of activities, etc. Anyhow it has been a challenging few weeks (as many of my MFP friends will attest as they have had to listen to me whine). Good news though, the real estate agent has been in, taken photos after the stager did her job and the house will be listed this Monday. Keep your fingers crossed for a quick sale! At the same time, we have had a new fence but in our backyard, the fence looks great, the garden took a bit of a beating - and I am not much of a gardener so don't know how that will turn out!

I have just had a wonderful victory in that with Ker's coaching (in her earlier message on this thread) I I THINK I have loaded 2 pictures to my profile. Gosh I hope it works as not being very techie I sure won't know how to fix it! :huh:

DH is getting ready to "make" me go for a walk -- yes, dear new members - I am the resident sloth of our group - hate to move. I guess that supports one reason why I am on this journey. Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to walk I go (imagine a beautiful voice, because I sure don't have one!).

Enjoyed all your posts very much --- will be in touch again. Enjoy Sunday ! cheers Marian
  • jeanmrob
    Options
    I have eaten rather too much today and had some wine...... oh well...:ohwell:

Jean