Looking for weight loss friends

Options
13»

Replies

• nikkimorton86
    nikkimorton86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi, back on MFP. Never really stuck to the calorie counting. Im 32 years old, single and a mental health nurse. I struggle with motivation to go to the gym after shifts and to be honest the motivation to cook meals for myself. When i am in the diet and fitness zone i really am dedicated but im just finding it hard to get back in that zone at the moment. definitely an emotional eater and a "i will start tomorrow" kind of girl. I want to break this habit and need support and motivation. Feel free to add me and we can encourage and motivate each other! :smiley:
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm back and hoping to shift the last 20lbs, but then it'll be the new challenge of maintaining (If I get there!), I'm active on MFP, but find the groups not very active or useful anymore, previously they used to be alive with chat & Motivation, so if you're active and want support etc. feel free to add me :smile:
  • Zusca
    Zusca Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I have been using MFP for a bit over a week (downloaded it earlier but never really used it) and became more aware of what and how much I eat. My realistic goal is to loose 25lbs and then either maintain my weight or loose additional 4-6lbs. I have given up sugar, caffeine and most of processed foods, and try to make sure at least 70% of what I eat or apply on my skin is organic and eco-friendly.
  • DeserveVictory
    DeserveVictory Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on and off MFP for years, but I really need to stick to it and actually lose the weight this time. I just returned from a 6 month backpacking trip in New Zealand that was great but it was very eye opening about how much my weight impacts things like hiking and kayaking. I would love to have active MFP friends to help keep me engaged with the app! Feel free to send me a friend request! :)
  • FitnessWeb34
    FitnessWeb34 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Danielle. We have very similar stories. I lost about 80 pounds a few years back using mfp so it definitely does work, unfortunately I had some family issues that got me sidetracked on my fitness goals. I seem to do much better when I eat what mfp says, I also have way more energy to do the exercise I need to do when eating more. I try not to eat the excercise calories if I don't feel like I need them except for maybe 1 day a week I let myself splurge and use more of them than normally. I was having a hard time getting back into this but I seem to be on the right track again now and am starting to lose again. Feel free to add me :)