SummerTime Surgery Anyone??

Options
2»

Replies

• ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just set a tentative surgery date for July 29! It's tentative because I'm still in my 3-month supervised diet so we haven't gotten insurance approval yet. But they marked me down to hold the spot.
    Well thats nice of them! Congrats, you're almost there!

Wow, my dietician wouldn't even entertain the thought when I brought it up a few days ago.
    Simply said that although 3 months is "required" that people have to keep going in to see her till the final "required" pound has been lost...even if its 6 months down the road!
    Hopefully I can lose the other 1/2 (required) by my next (final?) appointment next month :wink:
    My "hope" is I see her on 6/11 & that everything will be done.
    From what Ive heard is that it only takes a couple weeks (from when ALL requirements have been completed) to get the surgery but I'm not sure how "my" luck will be :ohwell:

My doc's office is pretty efficient. There is an in-house nutritionist that I meet with monthly and I also meet with the doctor monthly. There isn't a required weight loss, just that I show commitment. I think they are pros on getting the insurance approval. Also, I have a limited window of when I can do the surgery so they wanted to get me on the books to make sure I can get in during that window. It all could change if something goes wrong with the insurance. My fingers will be constantly crossed.
  • AndreaK724
    AndreaK724 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Completed my 6 month study last Thurs. That was the last thing on my list to complete. Waiting on surgeons office to approve my paperwork and summit to insurance co. for approval. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for date in June.
  • sharshar2012
    Options
    Hi, I have my surgery July 11. Anyone else scared/excited? Feeling pretty nervous the closer it gets.
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I am having my surgery on 6/9/11, and today is the first day of the presurgery diet. Excited.