About Me: Let's Introduce Ourselves!

Options

Replies

• citalk2much
    citalk2much Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Crystal From Grand Rapids MI I have two great children 24 and 16. I also have two amazing grandchildren 3 and 2 months.
    I have a bit of a hill to climb with 80 pounds to lose. I am doing the 1200 cal a day plan and I work out about 5 days a week. I just started the C25K yesterday and plan to do a 5K on Aug 23 :happy:
    I have been working out little over a year and have toned my muscles up fairly well I just have not been losing weight I did drop 2 pant sizes woot woot. So in the past year I lost 10 pounds and 2 pant sizes however it took a YEAR :grumble: My goal is to be almost to my goal by next year this time if not there :bigsmile:
    My current workouts are
    Water Aerobics twice a week I have 4 more weeks of the class
    gym three times a week weights and C25K
    and I love to do challenges it pushes me just to do a little bit more each day!
    Edited to add I am 44 lol forgot that part
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, Summer! :smile:
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Crystal From Grand Rapids MI I have two great children 24 and 16. I also have two amazing grandchildren 3 and 2 months.
    I have a bit of a hill to climb with 80 pounds to lose. I am doing the 1200 cal a day plan and I work out about 5 days a week. I just started the C25K yesterday and plan to do a 5K on Aug 23 :happy:
    I have been working out little over a year and have toned my muscles up fairly well I just have not been losing weight I did drop 2 pant sizes woot woot. So in the past year I lost 10 pounds and 2 pant sizes however it took a YEAR :grumble: My goal is to be almost to my goal by next year this time if not there :bigsmile:
    My current workouts are
    Water Aerobics twice a week I have 4 more weeks of the class
    gym three times a week weights and C25K
    and I love to do challenges it pushes me just to do a little bit more each day!
    Edited to add I am 44 lol forgot that part

Crystal,

I've just started c25k as well. I just finished W2D2. So far I'm really enjoying it! What type of weight program do you do? I'm just getting started and using 5 pound dumbbells, but I would like to work myself up to heavy lifting.

I'm also 44!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Hi, I'm 41 (will be 42 by end of summer), and I've been heavy all my life. I don't have "baby weight" as I'm not a mom, but right now I look pregnant due to the weight I just gained. I'm pear-shaped, so I have a big butt and thighs, but I also have "swimmers' shoulders" due to swimming butterfly as a kid. I'm only 5'2"...and 252 lbs., so I'm out of proportion with myself. I am not looking to be a twig. I've never been one; I just want to be at a weight where I have the energy and stamina to do my job the way I want...low energy means zero patience. I'm just looking to break 200 lbs. (for now...we will see how I feel when I get there). Aside from a short time in 2006, I haven't been below 200 since I was in high school. I'm also changing habits for my health.

I'm an only child and just lost my mom the end of February, so I've been dealing with all that goes with the loss of a loved one and work stress (we lost dad 6 years ago). I also have winter depression, so summer is the time for me to get going on my exercise and eating habits and get them set as a routine before the snow flies in October (I live in the blustery state of ND).

I began MFP in August and had lost 40 pounds until my 17 pound backslide after my mom passed. I see a dietician when I can, and I'm starting anew with my goals as of June 1 (which happens to be right now).

I use South Beach as a food plan basis with some Special K shakes or Slim Fast meal bars tossed in when I'm on the go! My food downfalls are potatoes, monster cookies, and Dr. Pepper. My favorite foods to eat with the "good eating habits" are cereal and blackberries with yogurt instead of milk and a romaine lettuce "salad" that has granny smith apples, pecans, strawberries, Craisins, and cucumbers...no dressing needed as I put lemon juice on the apple bits to keep them from turning brown.

I used to try to stay at 1200 calories, but my dietician told me that 1200 was putting my body into starvation mode, so my daily net goal was between 1350 and 1600 and had been working pretty well. I will use that as my guideline until I see her again this month.

My family has a history of diabetes and kidney disease, so my diet consists of low sodium (I haven't added salt to a meal in years) and healthy carbs/fats/fiber/protein. I want to prolong the onset of these two diseases for as long as possible...my entire life if I can do it!

I lap swim and ride the Expresso bike for exercise, and I'm looking forward to losing weight with all of you! Let's have a great journey!

Hi, I did the South Beach diet about 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight. I was able to maintain it for several years, then I got sloppy with my eating/working out. I've tried to start again several times over the past year, but it just didn't seem to work the second time around. Probably I just wasn't in the right frame of mind.

I also have a family history of diabetes, so I try to watch the carbs and sugar.

So sorry about your recent loss. I am blessed to still have both of my parents, but we had a real scare with my mom last summer when she was diagnosed with lung cancer. So great that you are taking this time to focus on your health and well being!
  • GKSTcoach
    GKSTcoach Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks Emy!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shari. 44, married, with one grown son. Stayed right around 120-125 most of my adult life but always had to work hard at it. Then, a few years ago had a life thing happened, lost focus, started drinking a lot and eating bad, gained around 40 pounds and now trying to get the rest of that off.

My plan is just watching calories (net around 1,200 on workout days, 1,500 on non-workout days) and working out. Current program is P90x3 and am on my last month of that. Hoping to reach my goal weight by end of October. I have 13 pounds or so but I lose slowly so want to be realistic with what I'll be able to do.

Biggest challenges are social occasions and work travel. I'm rather introverted so it's hard for me to be around people without food or alcohol as a crutch. Sometimes I wonder "Why can't the world just stop while I lose weight?!?!" LOL.

Looking forward to being part of the group! :flowerforyou:
  • iwannabinnarnia
    iwannabinnarnia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Diane and I"m 43. I'm married with no children. I never had weight issues growing up... but after I got married I started to gain... then some struggles came along and I found out that I'm quite the emotional/stress eater. I finally said enough is enough when I had a lady I had gone to church with numerous years ago bump into me and congratulate me on my pregnancy. (she did have the decency to look embarrassed when I told her I wasn't pregnant)... anyway.. I've lost 26 lbs already and have about 5 - 10 more to go. I'm trying to tone up to see where I actually stand cause I do still look semi pregnant. I have taken up walking/jogging 5ks.... I've done three already this year, I have 2 scheduled this month, one next month, one in August then a 10k in September.
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm Wendy, I'm 43, 44 later this month, I'm from the UK, I'm Mum to my 14 yr old daugther.

I've been using MFP for 17months now, I lost the majority of my weight in the first 8 months and only another 2lbs since then, I like to walk to work and back when it doesn't rain, I also do a Pilates class and workout at home using dumb bells and kettle bells, I do fitness blender workouts on you tube.

I seem to be loosing and gaining the same 3lbs each week, I'm good all week and loose a couple of lbs then on the weekend they go straight back on, I really need to break the weekend bad habits.

My current goal is to tone up my jelly bits so I feel good wearing a bikini on my holiday in July, it'll be the first time I've worn a bikini in over 20yrs

I hope we can help and encourage each other along our journey.
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Hello new friends and welcome!
  • KendraT1992
    KendraT1992 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Kendra and I'm from WI. I'm 40 with no children (not sure how that happened!!!). Anyhoo I was the skinny girl that got accused of having an eating disorder all growing up (believe me I had no problem eating!!!). Then when I turned 35, and quit smoking suddenly the weight packed on QUICKLY! Being someone who has never had to think about what she put in her mouth to someone who has to watch calories is so hard! I've been working hard watching what I eat, and getting much more active with C25K, and strength training. It's true what they say it becomes a habit. I truly do feel crummy if I don't get some type of activity in each day. I'm currently down 9lbs, with 11 more to go to hit goal. I have a feeling I will need all the help and support I can get to take off those last 11! Good luck to us all!!!
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm Siannah, Dutch but living in Ireland for the last 15 years. Joined MFP initially in 2011 and to my surprise it worked and I lost 16 kilos, went from a BMI of 27 down to 21. I have been maintaining ever since. Dropped the MFP account but rejoined when I realised the weight started creeping up again ever so slightly. I seem to be in this eternal battle with these pesky 2/3 kilos.

This has become a lifestyle, but. even after 3 years, I find it a struggle at times :frown: I suppose getting older does not help either!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My name is Kande from East Texas. 42 yrs old with 2 boys (15 and 12). Just celebrated my 22 yr anniversary with my amazing hubby! I'm a registered nurse, but left my job last Oct when my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer.
    Was loosing weight last year, ankle injury in the summer slowed me down and then as I was getting back on track my mom was diagnosed. Ended up gaining my loss plus 10 extra lbs. Decided to get back on track and take care of me so I can take care of those around me better.
    Currently doing Keto based diet. Sugar and bread are my weakness. About to start Jillian M. Body revolution for exercise. Did it last year and loved it. Glad to find a Fab and 40 group!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Kendra and I'm from WI. I'm 40 with no children (not sure how that happened!!!). Anyhoo I was the skinny girl that got accused of having an eating disorder all growing up (believe me I had no problem eating!!!). Then when I turned 35, and quit smoking suddenly the weight packed on QUICKLY! Being someone who has never had to think about what she put in her mouth to someone who has to watch calories is so hard! I've been working hard watching what I eat, and getting much more active with C25K, and strength training. It's true what they say it becomes a habit. I truly do feel crummy if I don't get some type of activity in each day. I'm currently down 9lbs, with 11 more to go to hit goal. I have a feeling I will need all the help and support I can get to take off those last 11! Good luck to us all!!!

Kendra,

Congratulations on quitting smoking! I just quit last September. I'm also doing C25K and strength training. What week are you on with the C25K?
  • fithaligonian
    fithaligonian Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 yrs old with two young active children (9 and 8 yrs old). Weight has been slowly creeping up to the point where I can no longer ignore it! Looking forward to getting to know people in the same situation and motivating each other to stay on track!

C.
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Beth(45) and I live near the coast in Washington state. Married for 26 years with 4 kids ages 18, 20, 21, and 23. Only the 18 and 23yo still live at home. Hubby is retired trucker and I am finishing up my accounting degree to be a better tax pro. My starting weight was 285, currently at 270. My goal is 124 which was my low in high school forever ago LOL.

I get my 5 miles a day in for the FitBit on a Gazelle rather than a treadmill. Weather is pretty wet and windy most of the year so outside is usually not an option. One of my goals is to begin running 5Ks in the area so I am building endurance for that.

Looking forward to making friends and being part of a support network.

We can do this! My motto is JUST KEEP MOVING!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hello new friends …. glad you are here and thanks for your introductions and stories … join our other blogs for daily "to dos", food ideas, etc. Looking forward to you joining our journey!
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Welcome, everyone!

(Beth, I use a FitBit, too! I'm forever obsessing over those stupid little dots.)
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My name is Pam and I am here after a big backpedaling session over this past 18 months. I had lost 45 pounds between 2008-2011, stayed within 10 lbs of my lowest weight for a couple years, and now I've gained 35 of those pounds back.

I'm a 43 year old mom of two boys (11 and 7). I homeschool them and tutor high school and college science. I've struggled with being a compulsive overeater my entire life. At 37 I decided to become an athlete and started competing in triathlons. Last summer I climbed a 13,000-foot mountain. Later in the summer I suffered from a bad foot injury that kept me from competing in a triathlon. I haven't been able to run or hike more than 3 miles for the past 10 months. The injury created even more problems with losing the weight I've gained, and now I seem to be stuck adding on pounds with each passing month.

I have tons of knowledge about what to do, I know exactly how to be successful, I've done it before. I just need to follow the rules, track my food, and be consistent for several months to make some headway. I feel like it's ten times as hard this time around to keep up the good behavior for weeks at a time. So I'm hoping that finding an active group of like-minded women that are motivated to make healthy choices will keep me motivated to achieve my daily goals. I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Kendra - I love your weight ticker with the OMG in the scale - cute! Soon it will read: YES!

Beth - would love to hear more about FitBit.

Pam - welcome to the group. So much easier to gain than follow all the rules! This group has been great in keeping me accountable so I'm sure you'll have success with us as well!
  • acparks9
    acparks9 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Amanda, and I'm 44 years old. I have two children – a daughter (13) and a son (10) – and have been married for 21 years. Wow. Writing that down made it sound like so long!

I was a very active, fit child, teenager and young adult. After getting married, we both started putting on the weight. Nine years in when I got pregnant with my daughter, I was 50 pounds heavier and now 13 years later, I have almost 70 pounds to lose. Strangely enough, that number doesn't frighten me like it did just a short time ago. Even though I know it won't be easy and this will be a lifelong commitment, maybe I'm not worried because I feel like I'm taking control of the situation and am no longer ignoring it.

I'm looking forward to this group and getting to know everyone as we support each other with our goals!

A.