Introduce yourself

Options
13»

Replies

• BluenoserGal
    BluenoserGal Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks for the invite!

I am Dawn -- 44 this year. Married 21 years, two boys, 20 and 15. I work as a VP Marketing for a software company. Desk jobs for the last 20 years, coupled with being married to a 6' non-stop eating machine (I'm an adaptive personality) have combined to get me to 230lbs.

Not being a natural athlete (I'm not one for sweating, ew), I've been trying for months to lower my calorie intake because well, basic math. But because I'm also perimenopausal, I can't seem to drop any weight. It's all bloating and water weight so far, which I shed during my sporadic TOM. Sodium is an issue for me too.

I am 5'4" but also solidly built. I'd love to be 130, but I can't visualize it. 180 is my long term goal right now.

I also binge eat potato chips -- they are my kryptonite.

My fitbit comes tomorrow, so I can't wait to see what my REAL numbers are, calorie expending-wise. Glad to meet you all!
  • leefuuxx
    leefuuxx Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Brytnie, I'm 22 years old and I'm currently 294lbs, I started at around 320! My goal is to be 140lbs so I have a lot to lose!
    I've been using MFP and it's been a big help in adjusting my eating habits. Ever since I was small I've always been a bigger girl.

I've started to eat 10x better. I love raw foods compared to frozen and canned. Once you start eating raw you can definitely see a change in your body and mood!
    When I started MFP I also started C25K and yoga (I love hatha yoga!!) and doing bodyweight exercises! I hope this pays off!
    If anyone would like to add me, fee free! I love making friends and reading others diaries!
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group Dawn and Brytnie!
  • Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I'm Karen, age 53, from Pensacola, Florida. I am married (12 years) to a wonderful guy, Mike -- we have two wonderful boys ages 7 & 8. I also have an older son, age 30 & his wife and my first grandchild, age 2, plus a daughter age 26. I have a really really busy life - and I have put off losing this 100 pounds for a lot longer than I care to admit. I work full time and I'm a part-time college student, so my life is on the run a lot. I've been trying to cook healthier and eat healthier. At one point I joined WW, but I just don't have time to convert calories to points - so I dropped the membership and picked back up with mfp. The title of this group appealed to me so thanks for letting me join. I'll do my best to be at the meetings - since I'm in central time zone we are usually having coffee around that time and not out and about yet.

I've been over weight since my 30s -- I watched it slowly creep up into the 200's but being an emotional eater in a bad marriage, I didn't have the strength to put on the brakes. I know what to do - I just have to set my mind to it. According to health standards I probably should weigh around 150 - but I am shooting for 190. I need something that I can maintain and I seriously doubt I could easily maintain 150 ever. I'd liked to be a size 16.
    Options
    Welcome to the group Karen!
  • keobooks
    keobooks Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My name is Kyle. I'm 42 years old and a stay at home mom in indianapolis. Before that, I worked in a public library with teenagers. I have a three year old daughter. I'm a scifi fantasy geek and play lots of computer games.

I have been thin all my life until recently. I stared gaining weight when I moved from San Francisco to the Midwest. I owned no car and frequently walked instead of riding the Muni cars because I was too impatient to wait for a bus. So first I cut out walking. Then I gradually took more and more sedentary jobs and anti depressants. Finally, when I quit working and nursing my daughter, I took a new drug famous for weight gain. I shot up to over 240 pounds at 5 ft 3 inches.

I'm having good results on mfp. I may even cancel my appt for non surgical bariatric weight loss program I signed up for a few months back. I also got a fitbit that really highlights how little I move around in my everyday life these days.
    Options
    Welcome to the group Kyle. I love love love books!