June Challenge

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
Are you ready to RAWR in June?

This challenge is going to work like April's
- post your goal: this needs to be a BEHAVIORAL goal (run four days a week) not an outcome (lose weight)
- tell us how we can see that you are meeting your goal (is your log open? Are you going to post on here?)
- how you are going to reward yourself if we win

This challenge will run from June 1 to June 30.

You will earn one point for the group each week you complete your challenge. If we, as a group, earn 85% of our points by June 30th, we will have earned our rewards. This provides enough leeway for a couple of us to have an "oops" but not enough for everybody to blow off a week.

If you are sick or injured, I'd be open to awarding half points, but we are all busy and over-committed. That's why we're doing this

We are going to check in weekly and post our status (and any challenges). I will be providing an updated group total each Tuesday.

We can make this fun with extra credit assignments too, but the focus is on developing a consistent habit.

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is a minimum of 22 miles per week in runs, for the month of June. The first week will be more than 7 days because I'll be travelling/on vacation to Canada and back on June 5-9th.

So:
    June 1- 9: 22 miles
    June 10-16: 22 miles
    June 17-23: 22 miles
    June 24-30: 22 miles

I'd like to average 25 (100 miles in the month) and will be aiming for that, but want the ability to fall back to 22 miles. 22 will still give me the most I've ever run in a month.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    My goal is to stretch for a cumulative 10 minutes every day.

My gift to myself will be to actually go out and get the last two gifts that I earned.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    My goals:

-continue to strength train 3x per week.
    -add 30 minutes of walking at least 3x per week.
    -possible additional goal.... work on chin ups, if I can get the man to hang my chin up bar (he needs to finish the moldings on the door frames)

Reward: ........... I can never think of a specific reward aside from enjoying the results and benefits of consistent working out.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    The reward isn't so much for you as for the rest of us. When I'm not motivated, I'll think of Beth being disappointed that she can't get her dress, etc.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Goal: 10,000 steps a day and recovery yoga after every run.

I am aiming for consistency this month, don't want to tempt fate and give myself running targets!

Reward: a massage, can't afford one but maybe can persuade my husband to give me one, lol!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I was thinking about this on the ride in and I would like to propose a couple of rules/variations:

- Calorie goals need to be NET goals. I don't want anybody undereating.
    - Quasita posts regular Team Rawr Weekly Challenges. If you complete one of these, it will earn the team a 1/4 point. Please take advantage to make sure we meet our overall goal.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I'm going to set a step goal of 85,000 steps a week, as tracked by my Fitbit. I'll post my results here.

Are we starting June 1? Fitbit will give me my percentage toward that goal on my dashboard (which is a nice way to quickly keep track of how close I am) but I can only set my start day as Sunday or Monday.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I'm going to set a step goal of 85,000 steps a week, as tracked by my Fitbit. I'll post my results here.

Are we starting June 1? Fitbit will give me my percentage toward that goal on my dashboard (which is a nice way to quickly keep track of how close I am) but I can only set my start day as Sunday or Monday.

June 1 is a Sunday, so you should be good.
  • btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    My reward if we manage this is a Kelly Support Tank
    http://www.skirtsports.com/shop/product.cfm/id/1603-Kelly-CD-Support-Tank

I want it. The purple one will match my new skirt. I don't really have a shirt that matches that skirt well and this would be wonderful for hot summer days as it replaces both a bra and a shirt. I don't need it however.
  • kekeleeks
    kekeleeks Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So April challenge was easy to complete. I didn't have to sweat so much. So ... I am going to go a little harder this time ...

Strength training a minimum of 3x a week, 30 minutes each sessions (*kitten*!)

Reward: A new workout t-shirt :)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My goal is to strength train 3x a week plus run 3x a week.

I will post here every Saturday since my week will start on a Sunday. :)

My reward to myself will be buying myself a new swimsuit.

I had originally told a friend of mine that my goal for this month would be to get in good enough shape to get myself kicked out of Planet Fitness on the last day of the month. I plan on cancelling my membership anyway since I'm moving to a different town in July. :)
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

Last time we started on a Monday as I recall but it wasn't the 1st so just making sure. :)

I forgot to set my reward. I see somebody else said buying a swimsuit and I'm going to make that mine too. i need one and I keep putting off spending the money on it.
  • Nancy33333
    Nancy33333 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    55,000 steps a week. I'm not going to worry too much about how I get them in. FitBit records them. I'll post here. And Laura should be able to see them on her dashboard, I think.

Reward: ???

Go RAWR!!!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Continue strength training.
    Continue getting 5 miles a day in walking.
    Add in kickboxing.
    Reign in my eating. Work on macros.

6/1 - Squat 2x5 45#, 1x5 50#, 1x3 75#, 1x2 100#, 5x5 130#, OHP 3x5 45#, 1x3 45#, 1x2 50#, 5x5 55#, Deadlift 2x5 65#, 1x3 100#, 1x2 140#, 1x5 170#.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Last time we started on a Monday as I recall but it wasn't the 1st so just making sure. :)

I forgot to set my reward. I see somebody else said buying a swimsuit and I'm going to make that mine too. i need one and I keep putting off spending the money on it.

That's because I was winging it last time. Check out the Athleta swimsuits.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    Options

That's because I was winging it last time. Check out the Athleta swimsuits.

Those are more than I want to spend since I don't actually know yet how I'm going to like swimming. Thinking about going with the Tugless Tank from Land's End.
  • cmbrown32
    cmbrown32 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    To start strength training 3x a week starting with 15 min a day working up to 30.

Reward: ??? Will have to think about this one.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    6/4 - Squat 2x5 45# 1x5 50# 1x3 80# 1x2 105# 5x5 135#, Bench Press 3x5 45#, 1x3 45# 1x2 60# 5x5 70#, Row 2x5 45# 1x3 45# 1x2 60 3, 1x5 70 # 4x5 60#
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Oh, shoot. It's Wednesday. I totally forgot - I'll track tonight.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    So far I have been able to lift twice this week. :) Ran once this week so far. Was going to run last night until the boyfriend asked me to spend the night with him at his motel since he is working semi close.