New Gear

Options
13»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i didn't tell you guys about my new helmet!! The Giro Air Attack helmet. it makes me feel fast, and like Maverick from Top Gun. I wish the visor had a cool heads up display with all my stats, like Iron Man.

10514519_10152179557560588_2598382754457497513_n.jpg

10526110_10152192065970588_2977547668285531472_n.jpg
  • Warren_Abrey
    Warren_Abrey Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Awesome helmet! Love the flip up/down visor.

Does the wind come around the visor at all? I find that if I don't have my glasses almost touching my face the wind comes around the lens and plays hell with my eyes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Does the wind come around the visor at all? I find that if I don't have my glasses almost touching my face the wind comes around the lens and plays hell with my eyes.

that was one of my concerns. i have a pair of prescription sports glasses i wear when i ride. i occasionally wear contacts, but not to triathlon, preferring the glasses. since i got this helmet, i've tried wearing my contacts with the visor, and it's great!! no wind bothering my eyes with the visor down at all.
  • aceink64
    aceink64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Might want to look at the Suunto Ambit 2 or 3 S, it does everything that Garmin 910 does, but is better at it.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Might want to look at the Suunto Ambit 2 or 3 S, it does everything that Garmin 910 does, but is better at it.

better how?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    FWIW, my old Suunto M5 was far more durable/reliable than is my garmin 610. And it ran off a regular battery, too... so it didn't die every other workout.
  • Warren_Abrey
    Options

that was one of my concerns. i have a pair of prescription sports glasses i wear when i ride. i occasionally wear contacts, but not to triathlon, preferring the glasses. since i got this helmet, i've tried wearing my contacts with the visor, and it's great!! no wind bothering my eyes with the visor down at all.

Thanks for the info - I'd love to wear contacts on my rides so I can take the glasses off when the light starts to fade, right now my riding glasses are prescription and tinted, so either carry two pairs of glasses, or don't ride over daylight changes :-/
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Thanks for the info - I'd love to wear contacts on my rides so I can take the glasses off when the light starts to fade, right now my riding glasses are prescription and tinted, so either carry two pairs of glasses, or don't ride over daylight changes :-/

i have a pair like this

S013redblackside.png

see the inner lens? that is precription. it detaches. and the tinted out lens can be replaced. i have a dark one, orange, and clear.
  • Warren_Abrey
    Options

i have a pair like this

S013redblackside.png

see the inner lens? that is precription. it detaches. and the tinted out lens can be replaced. i have a dark one, orange, and clear.

OOOooohhH!

I'm definitely adding those to my wish list!

Picked up a new set of Garneau shorts this afternoon, have an 80km ride planned tomorrow and have been noticing around 60km the pad in my trishorts just isn't cutting it anymore - its possible I could try to toughen up a bit too :-)