One Million Step Challenge in 100 days

Options
SkimFlatWhite68
SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
Hi everyone :smile:

I came across the One Million Step challenge on Tom Venuto's Burn The Fat, Feed the Muscle Inner Forum. Here is the link: http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/public/Million-Step-Challenge-Summer-2014.cfm

Of course, by all means join the BTFFTM challenge, but I thought it was a good idea and a good challenge for the Trim Taut and Terrific Aussie Group to keep our butts moving in winter and get ready for Spring. I know I've been moving a LOT less in the last few months while I've been working from home so much, and not getting anywhere near my 10,000 steps a day.

Anyway, basically the challenge is to walk 10,000 steps a day for 100 days = 1,000,000 steps!!

You can do this by any means - walking, aerobics, bike riding, whatever floats your boat! I'm going to record mine on my Fitbit and will do 10,000 steps every day, starting this Saturday.

The challenge officially starts Saturday 21 June and will go until 28 September, but if you want to start any time in June and finish any time in September that's fine, we are pretty flexible with our start dates in this group!

Rules: Log 1,000,000 steps in 100 days. If you have a slow day, don't worry, just make it up the next day or over the week - as long as you get to the one million by the end of the 100 days - it's a win!!

Who's going to join in?

Replies

• wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a 20km hike on Sunday so will at least start off well :laugh:

Im only going to count actual steps as I find my step count drops when I concentrate on other exercises and I want to remedy that
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Great news Helen! Welcome aboard!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Challenge starts tomorrow!! I am going to go down to the beach and do an hour walk in the morning - looking forward to getting off to a great start :smile:
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    Count me in
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Oooo .... I'm in Skim! :) We can do this!!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give this one a go. I know some days I have higher steps than others, but should be interesting all the same.
  • HappyTravels
    HappyTravels Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    No More Procrastinating. I Dont Have A Pedometer But Im In. Will Google For A Stride Length Calculation
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Yahoo!!! Off we go team - Day One and I have done 19,486 so well on the way to 20,000 for my first day.

Happy - for me 5,000 steps equates to about a half hour walk, so maybe you can time it - one hour a day, broken into 2 or 4 walks is quite achievable.
    Options
    Day 1 - 11,851 steps done was hoping to go for a walk this afternoon after I put the shopping away but it started raining and bad storms pretty much hasn't stopped hope it stops so I can go for a walk in the morning
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge Colleen! I hope the weather cleared up for you.

Day 1 - I finished the day at 20,813 steps and 49 flights of stairs. That was the most I had done in AGES!

Day 2 - I am at 22,458 and 81 flights already! Having said that, I'm about to stop for the day so probably wont get in much more than that. I went for a walk this morning around to the local sports oval and did sprints up the steps of the clubhouse to get some extra floors in :) and of course I live in an apartment so it's easy to clock up the stairs if I make extra trips down and up to the garage. Went for a walk down at the beach this afternoon to make up the extra steps.

I'm working from home tomorrow and probably Tuesday as well, so will go for a walk in the morning but will have to make an effort to get the 10,000 in. It's much harder when at home to get the steps in but I will do it!

Hope everyone had a great weekend :smile:
    Options
    Had fog this morning was able to go for an hours walk this morning and this afternoon

Day 2 18,315 steps also decided I am going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and then not weigh myself until after this challenge is finished
  • wahelga
    Options
    Day 1 - 5015 steps. On Saturday I have swim squad and chores, hence the low number :blushing:
    Day 2 - 29, 213 steps as I had a long hike:wink:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Looks like I'll make 12,000 today. Not bad for a day working from home. I went for a walk at lunch time, it was COLD and spitting rain every now and again but still went off walking and it was a nice break from sitting at the computer as well. I'm keeping a running total of my steps in a spreadsheet (of course) and at 56,839 for the 3 days already!
    Options
    Day 3 19,103 steps I am writing mine in the back of my diary counting back from a million but might do a table up on the computer as well but 49,269 steps so far trying to get a decent number up before Friday as I might not get much in got work then a drive to wagga in the afternoon then home again
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    I'm I...need the motivation to keep my steps up (been a bit slack with the cooler months).

So far:
    21/06/2014 = 10,554 steps
    22/06/2014 = 10,472 steps
    23/06/2014 = 10,280 steps
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    Options
    Nice work team!!

I made it to 13,000 yesterday which is pretty good for a working from home day, so I'm really happy so far. 3 days in LOL! Feeling motivated to do the 10,000 every single day of the challenge!
  • wahelga
    Options
    Only 6708 steps for me yesterday as I went straight from work to a quiz night and so only managed a quick lunchtime walk. Means I'm currently on 40, 936 steps.
    Options
    Day 4 done 20,280 steps
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    So far:
    21/06/2014 = 10,554 steps
    22/06/2014 = 10,472 steps
    23/06/2014 = 10,280 steps
    24/06/2014 = 10,222 steps