Options

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    And now ndj1979 is jailed too...

WTF

That was only a matter of time. Surprised it didn't happen sooner, frankly.

That said, this whole "jail" concept is completely f***ing ridiculous.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

WTF

He was for a little while this afternoon - but looks like he made bail or something.

I agree - it's stupid and childish. Moderating should be to clean up direct attacks and spam and that's about it. Not referee petty squabbling.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

WTF

He was for a little while this afternoon - but looks like he made bail or something.

I agree - it's stupid and childish. Moderating should be to clean up direct attacks and spam and that's about it. Not referee petty squabbling.

Yeah - I meant that I thought it inevitable that he'd be jailed (i.e., only a matter of time before it happened); but I see that he has indeed made bail. Fastest break I've seen and I presume he managed to convince a mod that his detention was unjust. Fight the Power!

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind being a moderator just so I could get in on the moderator boards. But, I don't know that I'd want to deal with all the crap. Plus, I'd have to be nicer. I notice a lot of the mods stop posting as much as they used to.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Just a friendly reminder that there's free Rita's Water Ice today for those in areas that have them.

It's snowing here, and I'm still going to go get mine, lol. I promised my 6 year old we'd go after school. :open_mouth:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Just a friendly reminder that there's free Rita's Water Ice today for those in areas that have them.

It's snowing here, and I'm still going to go get mine, lol. I promised my 6 year old we'd go after school. :open_mouth:

We're not too fond of water ice. I'd much rather save the calories for something else, honestly. I do like their custard though!
  • Francl27
    Options
    Anyone tried this before?

550x550xphin-and-phebes-2,28pp_w550_h550,29.png.pagespeed.ic.d-8XirhcVq.jpg

It was on sale at Whole Foods, $4.99 a pint, so I grabbed one... I would have got more flavors but no freezer space...

I did find space for these too though...

wn-speculoos-cookie-butter-cheesecake-bites.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Anyone tried this before?

550x550xphin-and-phebes-2,28pp_w550_h550,29.png.pagespeed.ic.d-8XirhcVq.jpg

It was on sale at Whole Foods, $4.99 a pint, so I grabbed one... I would have got more flavors but no freezer space...

I did find space for these too though...

wn-speculoos-cookie-butter-cheesecake-bites.png

Yum! I wish I had a Whole Foods or Trader Joes closer.
  • Francl27
    Options
    It's one of the things I love about where I live... they're within 2 minutes of each other!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Found the Tonight Dough and the Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut and grabbed both. But I really need to eat some stuff before I buy anything else new.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Has anybody ever tried this brand? w9rk2nepcpxc.jpg

I was looking for Tonight Dough or new Talenti flavors but my grocery store had neither. I didn't buy any, didn't have a lot of freezer room especially with the big meat sale they were having...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Mardi Gras Pie sounds interesting!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Found the Tonight Dough and the Talenti Salted Caramel Peanut and grabbed both. But I really need to eat some stuff before I buy anything else new.

What was the GF flavor that you liked? I saw Balducci's restocked it, but I couldn't remember what you said, so I didn't get anything. I've only had the peanut butter stracciatella one.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

What was the GF flavor that you liked? I saw Balducci's restocked it, but I couldn't remember what you said, so I didn't get anything. I've only had the peanut butter stracciatella one.

Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel

I had a feeling that was it. I'm going back to get that when I get back from FL. Fo sho!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    The Kroger here is remodeling (which is funny, because Meijer is going to be this summer as well). No new Talenti or B&Js, but they have added Gelato Fiasco. Too bad I can't have it today after going out for Mexican food, but it's on tomorrow.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I guess I'm the oddball because I don't really think I'm in love with the Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel. It's good, but mine didn't have much caramel flavor at all. I guess maybe there's more farther down. I'm hopeful that I'll like the coffee toffee better.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the oddball because I don't really think I'm in love with the Talenti Salted Peanut Caramel. It's good, but mine didn't have much caramel flavor at all. I guess maybe there's more farther down. I'm hopeful that I'll like the coffee toffee better.

Mine didn't taste like caramel either, it was really just peanut ice cream.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

Mine didn't taste like caramel either, it was really just peanut ice cream.

Okay, that's it then. I like nuts okay but I need more than that. It's the same reason I didn't love the hazelnut, although I suspect I will like the new hazelnut with chocolate chip.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the sea salt carmel honestly- and there were not enough chunks of chocolate in it to make it worth my while.

I'm still pretty happy with the chocolate chip- I'd like to try the Mediterranean mint at some point. i'm in no rush though that's for sure- I'm lazy- and I only buy them on sale.

And yes- I'm in jail.
    Because I'm awesome. and you know that happens to awesome people occasionally.