Let's discuss it all. Welcome home.

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Ok gang, put on your Ice Cream Wolves jackets, we've got another Frozen Bananas = Ice Cream thread going on in main forums...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10119976/i-found-my-replacement-for-ice-cream#latest
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    LOL, I just saw the thread on the recents list and replied in it.

Honestly, I'd consider a frozen mashed banana more along the smoothie line than ice cream.

But there ain't no way I'm replacing ice cream for a banana. Screw that.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I picked up some Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti today. I'm excited to try it tonight! :)

200 cals for 100g. YES! I'll take it!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I picked up some Raspberry Cheesecake Talenti today. I'm excited to try it tonight! :)

It's the best of the new ones. I'm getting a lemony taste? Maybe it's just me?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

oh that's a win- I find the 240 a little steep for my budget for the ones I like. :(
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Why don't any of the places I go have these flavors?! Not fair.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    4007.png
    Has anyone tried this? I'm really craving something frozen with oats but the Talenti raisin oatmeal apparently sucks.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    LOL, I just saw the thread on the recents list and replied in it.

Honestly, I'd consider a frozen mashed banana more along the smoothie line than ice cream.

But there ain't no way I'm replacing ice cream for a banana. Screw that.

Well yeah, it's missing that all-important cream part
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I got some lemon on that one too.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    4007.png
    Has anyone tried this? I'm really craving something frozen with oats but the Talenti raisin oatmeal apparently sucks.

Haven't tried that one yet but it's next on my list.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Anyone here tried the Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream? Not the tub, but the little "cakes" of ice cream? I'm obsessed with all things Reese's but never had one. I just saw them at the HEB near me and am very tempted.
  • WinoGelato
    Options

I just looked at Schnucks the other day and they didn't have any of the new flavors, nor did Target on Hampton. Schnucks did have some of those artisan Haagen Dazs ones, as well as this New Orleans Ice Cream Company that I was thinking about trying.

I'm excited to have someone near me since everyone else always compares notes about sales and flavor availability at places I've never heard of...

• marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I didn't like the sea salt carmel honestly- and there were not enough chunks of chocolate in it to make it worth my while.

I'm still pretty happy with the chocolate chip- I'd like to try the Mediterranean mint at some point. i'm in no rush though that's for sure- I'm lazy- and I only buy them on sale.

And yes- I'm in jail.
    Because I'm awesome. and you know that happens to awesome people occasionally.

My husband really like the Mediterranean mint and he's a mint chocolate chip ice cream guy.
  • Ninkyou
    Options

I got some lemon on that one too.

I didn't get lemon UNTIL I ate one of the graham crust pieces.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options
    I didn't like the sea salt carmel honestly- and there were not enough chunks of chocolate in it to make it worth my while.

I'm still pretty happy with the chocolate chip- I'd like to try the Mediterranean mint at some point. i'm in no rush though that's for sure- I'm lazy- and I only buy them on sale.

And yes- I'm in jail.

My husband really like the Mediterranean mint and he's a mint chocolate chip ice cream guy.

I associate mint chocolate chip with being sick, but when I am sick that's all I want (Haagen Dazs is my choice of brand).
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

I just looked at Schnucks the other day and they didn't have any of the new flavors, nor did Target on Hampton. Schnucks did have some of those artisan Haagen Dazs ones, as well as this New Orleans Ice Cream Company that I was thinking about trying.

I'm excited to have someone near me since everyone else always compares notes about sales and flavor availability at places I've never heard of...

Schnucks has a pretty sad selection. They have a lot of different brands of gelato, but a poor variety of flavors. I saw the New Orleans, but none of the flavors were super appealing. Have you ever tried the brand that has the descriptions all in Italian?

Target has more Talenti than Schnucks, but nothing new. I'm thinking about checking Dierbergs.
  • dragonmaster69
    dragonmaster69 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Man, everyone's hating on the salted peanut caramel but I really liked that one!! I just had Ben and Jerry's milk and cookies and it was basic. Also found the Tonight Dough and the best parts were the cookie dough balls, and the ice cream flavors were average.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Man, everyone's hating on the salted peanut caramel but I really liked that one!! I just had Ben and Jerry's milk and cookies and it was basic. Also found the Tonight Dough and the best parts were the cookie dough balls, and the ice cream flavors were average.

So far I think I'm the only one who didn't love it. But I did think it was good, just not as good as I was expecting given the reviews.

eta: Oh I see there was one other person out in the main forums. That's hardly everyone. :laugh:
  • WinoGelato
    Options

Schnucks has a pretty sad selection. They have a lot of different brands of gelato, but a poor variety of flavors. I saw the New Orleans, but none of the flavors were super appealing. Have you ever tried the brand that has the descriptions all in Italian?

Target has more Talenti than Schnucks, but nothing new. I'm thinking about checking Dierbergs.

I went to Dierbergs in Brentwood on the day before Thanksgiving. It was a nightmare. To reward myself for the trouble I checked out the ice cream selection. They had Steve's, and I think t Graeter's.

Oh and you know how everyone's always raving about Jeni's? Well start saving your pennies because they are opening a Jeni's ice cream shop in the CWE on Euclid. We can have a MFP meet up!
  • I_Will_End_You
    edited March 2015
    Options

And yes- I'm in jail.

I associate mint chocolate chip with being sick, but when I am sick that's all I want (Haagen Dazs is my choice of brand).

I went to Dierbergs in Brentwood on the day before Thanksgiving. It was a nightmare. To reward myself for the trouble I checked out the ice cream selection. They had Steve's, and I think t Graeter's.

Oh and you know how everyone's always raving about Jeni's? Well start saving your pennies because they are opening a Jeni's ice cream shop in the CWE on Euclid. We can have a MFP meet up!

I can't recall hearing about Jeni's. I'm going to look it up. I looked up some kind of ice cream people were raving about, but not sure if that was the one.

Edit: yes, that was the one I looked up. They have some crazy flavors! That's awesome they're opening one here.